Madonna Songs on the Radio

vocalism

This morning I heard "Burning Up" on 106.7 Lite-FM in New York.

Since we no longer have regular access to Madonna's recurrent airplay stats in the U.S. (I think HolidayGuy used to post them?), I thought it would be interesting to keep tabs on what's being played. I'm mainly interested in terrestrial radio in the U.S., but feel free to post other formats/countries as well. Try to include song/station/city/country.

Guest Rachelle of London

They played MAsterpiece on Radio 2 last night. In the office they always play Heart and you can guarantee a Madonna track every 3 hours, mainly ITG

Some of the "lighter" pop stations in Detroit play her on occasion, as well as some of the satellite radio stations, obviously. The tracks I hear most often are Holiday, Crazy For You, LAP, Vogue and Into the Groove.

Guest Fukujima

They played MAsterpiece on Radio 2 last night. In the office they always play Heart and you can guarantee a Madonna track every 3 hours, mainly ITG

ditto! same in my office...they play everyday Like a Prayer too

They used to play older Madonna songs ALL the time in my area. I couldn't get in my car and drive without hearing one, but ever since 2010 came its become a rare thing indeed as many formats changed.

Guest Rachelle of London

Like a Prayer

La Isla Bonita

Into the Groove

True Blue

Papa Dont Preach

Regulars on HEART

True Blue used to be on ALL the time! Like what the hell...they played Prince's When Doves Cry followed by Express Yourself last week, my boss turned it up, we all had a singalong. They then ruined it by playing some Katy Perry track

Heard girl gone wild 3 weekends in a row in clubs in nyc

Funny you mention that - when I was searching the MDNA tag on Vine a couple of weeks ago, I found a few videos that had been taken in clubs very recently that showed people dancing to GGW.

we have heat (magazine) radio on at work and they play Madonna at least 3 times a day..usually borderline, into the groove and express yourself, they love Michael Jackson too and even though i'm not a huge fan, I Iove that they play 'remember the time' alot

Guest Rachelle of London

I've heard every MDNA track apart from GGW and Gang Bang in the Bullring SHopping Centre, you shouldve seen me the other day when they were playing Bday song

I normally hear a Madonna song maybe once or twice per month on the radio. It's usually something along the lines of ITG, Crazy For You, or La Isla Bonita.

My mom heard Live to Tell on the radio though, I was sew jealous.

My local radio station, which is on at my gym all the time, is playing "Miles Away" right now.

Last night, they played "4 Minutes", and I think I heard "Don't Tell Me" sometime last week.

^ Where?

And thanks guys, but I was really looking for specific "I just heard [insert song] on [station] this morning" type of thing, not general "they play LAP a lot"!

• 2 months later...

I've heard "Miles Away" quite often recently.

In fact, I found out that on the 7 national radio stations run by DR (the Danish national broadcasting corporation), it's the second-most played Madonna song since 2010!!! The only Madonna song they're played more since 2010 is American Pie.

My local station - which is one of the biggest radio stations in Germany btw - are playing lots of Madonna songs recently, usually one every day. Also great variety, sometimes it's La Isla Bonita, or Like A Virgin, Like A Prayer, but there's also Hung Up or even GMAYL ( :chuckle:). They also talked a lot about her on her birthday and had a special programme about her.

Madonna herself even recorded a message for the radio station recently! She just says "Hey I'm Madonna and you're listening to Bayern 3" (that's the station's name), but still, I was so surprised to suddenly hear her speaking on the radio, haha!

The songs that I listened on the radio stations last week were: 'Turn Up The Radio', 'You'll See', 'Like a Prayer' & 'Like a Virgin'. All on local radio stations in Buenos Aires.