2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

True, Elizabeth Warren's age does work against her. That being said, I would love to see her in a major cabinet position in the Hilary White House. I think she's definitely a contender for a major position there.

As for Chris Christie, I think far too many are blinded by the fairly "moderate" moves he's made with a few things, and the handling of the hurricane crisis...but I think it's devious (much like far too many people getting caught up in the "nicer" Pope Francis). It's all a game with these folks, and they want to win. Christie was just another ignorant schmoe in the last election...and quite frankly, I don't buy any major "change" he may seem to have made. It's just window dressing.

And I know this sounds trivial, but image has a lot to do with things, and I think his weight will affect him there. A lot experts in political PR, as well as media commentators, say it may be an issue.

I can see Warren having some kind of position in a Clinton Cabinet. She's highly intelligent and I suspect Hillary would want her in a powerful position. Of course, she may chose to remain in the Senate and earn a legacy like Ted Kennedy. I'm fine with either.

I totally agree with you on Christie. He's pulled the wool over so many eyes. I think he probably is more pragmatic about things like immigration reform and what not, but he's a calculated and hostile person. He's also a strong-arming type of politician which means he'd basically do everything Bush did and not feel bad about it. His weight is still an issue, totally. The only Republican I fear (based on image) is Marco Rubio. He's hot and a smooth character. Of course, since he helped with that pathetic Senate bill on immigration, the Teabaggers hate him now.

I am surrounded by Obama haters where I live. Literally. :lol:

Like I have said, if I was to only go on opinion of people around where I live, I would have thought Obama didn't stand a chance in hell of ever being elected once, let alone twice.

That being said, the republicans around me aren't your Bible thumping ultra religious republicans you would find in the south.

They're just racist, homophobic, misogynist east-coasters.

Chris Christie is a bag of gaffes waiting to happen. And such an angry person. And I know this is shallow and superficial, but let's just comment on the elephant in the room (so to speak) now shall we?

He's a fat fuck. He is colossal. If he wants to run for president in 3 years, he's going to need a Hollywood makeover pretty much. When was the last time a whale ran for president? What an awful president he'd make in every single way :lmao:

I was going to say, if you're a grossly overweight there is no way you'd get the top job here. One state premier (equivalent to your state governor) got lap band surgery before being elected. Our current federal treasurer got the surgery too. He used to be called "Sloppy Joe".

Thank gawd Terry won. Scary how close it was also when the guy he was against was so openly nuts.

As for Christie and his weight, its pretty amazing how he did have that stomach band surgery awhile ago, yet it doesn't look like he has lost all that much.

Like I said before though, its like the dems didn't even try to put up much of a fight against him. Like they knew after Sandy and his huge ratings on how he handled it they felt like it was inevitable, which I don't agree with. There wasn't even much of a push from Unions it seems who cant stand Christie.

This elephant Has officially become a threat to the dems and serves them right because they have been worshiping his fat ass for a while now. He spends a lot of his time in that morning show on msnbc acting "funny" and friendly while he keeps screwing the people of NJ. Wow I just can't believe the dems didn't even create a push back campaign against him.... He could very well head to the White House thanks to the dems.

^I don't know about that. His stranglehold on Jersey is one thing... going up against the Democrats (esp. Hilary) on a national level is a whole other thing. Considering how he handled himself last time, not to mention how he's 'screwing' his own state, will all come out. They tried to paint Romney as some great governor, considering he did a number of what were perceived as fairly good things for his state, and we all know how that worked out for him. I doubt Christie is going to be able to play that card any better.

Exit polls: Clinton beats Christie in N.J. in potential 2016 matchup

UPDATE: This post has been updated to reflect the latest exit poll data.

By Domenico Montanaro, Deputy Political Editor, NBC News

Republican Chris Christie is poised for a blowout win for re-election in New Jersey. But those looking to extrapolate out what his broad-based victory means for a potential 2016 presidential bid might want to tap the brakes.

Why? Hillary Clinton.

If today was a race between Christie and Clinton, exit polls show Christie would not carry his home state. The former secretary of state, senator, and first lady beats Christie, 48 percent to 44 percent.

That result could put a dent in Christie’s electability argument, which is what his campaign team wants tonight to be all about – that this is what winning looks like for Republicans.

“I think that what people are going to see is so unusual for what our party has created in the last couple of years that invariably people are going to draw lessons from it,” Christie said days before the election. “And I hope they do.”

The numbers should not come as much of a surprise, however. New Jersey has been reliably Democratic for presidential candidates for the past 20 years. After all, President Barack Obama carried in 2012 by 17 percentage points, 58 percent to 41 percent.

New Jersey voters also gave the Republican Party just a 39/57 percent favorability rating; Obama gets a 51 percent approval; and the Democratic Party gets a 51/46 percent favorable score.

Still, by a 51 percent to 44 percent margin New Jersey voters said they think Christie would be a good president.

The head-to-head numbers against with Christie and Clinton are similar to what has been seen in public polling. An early October Quinnipiac poll, for example, showed Clinton beating Christie nationally 49 percent to 36 percent.

That’s the closest any Republican came to Clinton in the poll.

Other early 2016 polling has showed Christie giving Republicans the best chance against Clinton in 2016 -- if they decide to run, and they have given every indication they are on course to doing just that.

But before Christie could win the right to possibly face off in a general election with Clinton, he would still have to get through what would be a contentious Republican primary.

"Republicans who voted in favor of ENDA were Senators Susan Collins of Maine, Mark Kirk of Illinois, Lisa Murkowsi of Alaska, Dean Heller of Nevada, Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, Rob Portman of Ohio (his son is gay), Jeff Flake of Arizona, John McCain of Arizona, Orrin Hatch of Utah and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania."

This is impressing. When a Mormon senator from Utah supports the gays it means we have won.

Dont care abt. his (achem) 'margin' of victory LOL ;). Christie is a porker, P I G bully... bottom line. May work for people from NJ/the NE and even Chicago love 'this' kind of super abrasive narcissistic, arrogant, personality type. *Bottom line* he does NOT in any way have the support of the true right wing nutbag$ who (like it or not) are still highly influential voices (Hannity, Limbaugh etc..) and loathe him LOL. Its a total civil war w/in that party and even w. the train wreck (so far) Obamacare is, all miss queen bee Hilary needs to do here is just stay AWAY and low pro (getting her subtle, glossy nip n tucks, facials, massages, make rare public appearances and let Bill and the machine do all the work) while all the bigoted Rebublicunt vipers each eat away at the 100 lbs of lard at a time at the 2016 version of Zitt Romney LOL.

"Republicans who voted in favor of ENDA were Senators Susan Collins of Maine, Mark Kirk of Illinois, Lisa Murkowsi of Alaska, Dean Heller of Nevada, Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, Rob Portman of Ohio (his son is gay), Jeff Flake of Arizona, John McCain of Arizona, Orrin Hatch of Utah and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania."

This is impressing. When a Mormon senator from Utah supports the gays it means we have won.

John B is intending to stop it in The House though....

What an ass.

Really Time Magazine? Really? :lol:

o-CHRIS-CHRISTIE-570.jpg?6

The media has to stop playing this shit up...esp. from publications such as "Time". Basically political PR. The reason why we even have to deal with these douche bags is because they give them attention and a platform.

"The Elephant in the Room".

Precisely.

That cover/photo imo is def. unflattering period- showing what he a porker he is in the same way Newsweek showed that close up pic of Michelle Bachmans bat shit crazy eyes and labelled her the 'queen of rage' LOL.

The media has to stop playing this shit up...esp. from publications such as "Time". Basically political PR. The reason why we even have to deal with these douche bags is because they give them attention and a platform.

Precisely.

Remember when everyone was thinking that a future Giuliani Presidency was going to be inevitable at one point?

Shows that you cant predict things like this especially this early on. Many people thought Hillary had it in the bag in 2008 as well.

I think the only time I can recall people really sitting up and taking notice and saying, "Holy SHIT I think we have a future President here!" was when Obama gave that now infamous speech at Kerry's 2004 Dem Convention.

But even with that, I don't think people expected him to move into the White House a mere 4 years later. Everyone thought it could happen, but after Hillary had her shot.....Funny how the exact opposite might happen though. :lol:

I am still betting that one day we will see Cory Booker in the White House. Someone that Jersey can really be proud of.

Precisely.

I know! this pig seems to live out of state, he spends his time on talk shows and flirting with the hosts of morning joe and basically tooting his own horn ALL over msnbc and nbc... this weeked he'll be in washington talking to David Gregory in Meet the press.... I mean the dems kiss his fat ass and then wonder why he is becoming so "popular."

Remember when everyone was thinking that a future Giuliani Presidency was going to be inevitable at one point?

Shows that you cant predict things like this especially this early on. Many people thought Hillary had it in the bag in 2008 as well.

I think the only time I can recall people really sitting up and taking notice and saying, "Holy SHIT I think we have a future President here!" was when Obama gave that now infamous speech at Kerry's 2004 Dem Convention.

But even with that, I don't think people expected him to move into the White House a mere 4 years later. Everyone thought it could happen, but after Hillary had her shot.....Funny how the exact opposite might happen though. :lol:

I am still betting that one day we will see Cory Booker in the White House. Someone that Jersey can really be proud of.

Exactly. Which is why as much as it looks like Hilary is the obvious front-runner, we cannot get lazy or take that for granted. And things can change very quickly in the next 3 years. Gotta stay alert. And no room for fuck-ups anymore with the way the media is.

And yeah, if Cory Booker keeps that good head on his shoulders, I can definitely see him running for President... someday.

Is it just me, or is "The Elephant in the Room" kind of subtle shade being thrown by TIME? :newspaper:

Is it just me, or is "The Elephant in the Room" kind of subtle shade being thrown by TIME? :newspaper:

Well I thought that was obvious which is why I was like, "Really TIme?" :lol:

They obviously knew it could be taken two different ways.

The cover is sparking outrage though, which is probably what they wanted.

Fat people? :dazed:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last night's Bill Maher talked about Christie, and the magazine cover, a lot. He also poked fun at the "Elephant" in the room thing.

But they were right, Christie on the national stage is going to be a whole other thing...and the man is supposedly known to have too many skeletons in his closet. He's playing the game well now...but the national stage is a whole other beast.

And the Tea Party still holds too much power...they won't go for him if they have that hold still in 3+ years.

Not to mention, polls on conservatives show that they feel the Tea Party either has just the right amount of power, or doesn't have enough. Only something like 17% (forget the actual number) think they are too much.

Again, where the FUCK are these "moderates" everyone talks about?

First Read looks at the latest NBC News poll and finds Hillary Clinton has huge advantages over any Democrat willing to challenge her for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.

"She gets 70% among females, 70% among whites, 71% among seniors, 72% among the lowest-income Democrats, and 73% in the Northeast and 70% in the Midwest. Where she underperforms is among men (62%), college grads (62%), and 60% among upper-income Democrats - these are the remnants of Obama's white coalition in the '08 Democratic race. But a reality check here: She's still getting SIXTY PERCENT among these folks, which suggests there isn't really a substantial opening for another Democratic candidate (whether it's Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, or anyone else). Remember, in 2005, there was some real Clinton fatigue among Democrats that provided the opening for Obama. That's not the evidence right now."

Meanwhile, the New York Times reports "a dozen or so other political operatives and 170 donors will gather in New York to plot how to help Mrs. Clinton win in 2016. The meeting is the first national finance council strategy meeting of Ready for Hillary, a 'super PAC' devoted to building a network to support Mrs. Clinton's potential presidential ambitions."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/12/21421163-first-thoughts-a-reality-check-on-2016?lite

Meanwhile, the New York Times reports "a dozen or so other political operatives and 170 donors will gather in New York to plot how to help Mrs. Clinton win in 2016. The meeting is the first national finance council strategy meeting of Ready for Hillary, a 'super PAC' devoted to building a network to support Mrs. Clinton's potential presidential ambitions."

tumblr_lz601nb3Ez1r6mvyeo1_500.gif

Hillary+Clinton+by+Sarah+Ferguson+Studio

Yeah, you don't have to even come into this thread you know. Thanks.

Next!

Elizabeth Warren Isn’t Running For President, Top Financial Backer Tells Democrats

“It’s not gonna happen,” one funder says.

Elizabeth Warren’s former national finance chair, Paul Egerman, has told several inquiring donors this month that, despite runaway speculation and a burning desire from the party’s left wing, the freshman senator will not run for president in 2016.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/elizabeth-warren-financial-backer-tells-donors-no-chance-on

I love her and think she is a TRUE fighter of the middle and lower class, but sadly I don't ever see her having a shot at being President. She doesn't have the personality that I think would win over many people.