2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

Searching for a way to drastically compensate with the Republican base for being black:

Ben Carson: U.S. shouldn't elect a Muslim president

Washington (CNN) Ben Carson says the United States should not elect a Muslim president.

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Carson's comment comes on the heels of GOP front-runner Donald Trump taking a question from an campaign rally attendee who said, "We have a problem in this country; it's called Muslims."

Trump has since said he has many Muslim friends, but Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" he added that the problem is "radical Muslims."

Carson, meanwhile, was asked Sunday whether a president's faith should matter to voters.

"I guess it depends on what that faith is," he said. "If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem."

Asked whether Islam is consistent with the Constitution, Carson said: "No, I don't -- I do not."

He said he is open, though, to voting for a Muslim for Congress.

"Congress is a different story, but it depends on who that Muslim is and what their policies are, just like it depends on what anybody else is," Carson said. "If there's somebody who is of any faith but they say things and their life has been consistent with things that will elevate this nation and make it possible for everybody to succeed and bring peace and harmony, then I'm with them."

Carson said he has no reason to believe President Barack Obama isn't a Christian. The man at Trump's rally had falsely claimed that Obama is a Muslim.

Carson's comments angered one of the two Muslims in Congress -- Minnesota Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison.

"For Ben Carson, Donald Trump, or any other Republican politician to suggest that someone of any faith is unfit for office is out of touch with who we are as a people," Ellison said in a statement. "It's unimaginable that the leading GOP presidential candidates are resorting to fear mongering to benefit their campaigns, and every American should be disturbed that these national figures are engaging in and tolerating blatant acts of religious bigotry."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politics/ben-carson-muslim-president-2016/

I agree with Glinda 100%.

We can scream ageism and point out the hypocrisy in a field like entertainment, but governing a country is an entirely different story.

And for what it's worth, Hillarious is no spring chicken either. It's a concern with her too.

I am for real! When you vote for someone, you are not voting just for their opinions and policies, but whether you think they have the personal qualities to do the job. I agree the most with all of Bernie's political opinions. But being President is a tough job that requires a lot of stamina and force of personality to work with Congress and get your policies enacted. I don't see that Bernie has that for a lot of reasons not just his age, but he was kind of an outsider and outcast in Congress. How many bills did he get passed?

Say whatever you want about President Obama, he gets things done! He passed the health care bill and the nuclear agreement with Iran. He has a certain energy, personality and charisma that makes him able to put his policies into action. I don't see that Bernie has that.

Reagan was 77 when he left office.

FDR basically couldn't walk and was in serious pain for most of his presidency, yet he got the job done during WWII.

I wouldn't discount someone who has chosen public life so quickly on age. People in public office already have a hectic schedule and naturally thrive off being busy.

Searching for a way to drastically compensate with the Republican base for being black:

Ben Carson: U.S. shouldn't elect a Muslim president

I love these republicans that swear they aren't racist because they support one of the rare black republicans that are part of their bigoted party.

Honestly I only believe they support and cheer for them for one simple reason. Because said black person holds to the ideals and principals that they feel will keep the white power structure of America intact. You can almost hear white republicans when people like Ben Carson speak thinking, "This is a good black man. He knows his place."

I love these republicans that swear they aren't racist because they support one of the rare black republicans that are part of their bigoted party.

Honestly I only believe they support and cheer for them for one simple reason. Because said black person holds to the ideals and principals that they feel will keep the white power structure of America intact. You can almost hear white republicans when people like Ben Carson speak thinking, "This is a good black man. He knows his place."

EXACTLY. Ben Carson is an Uncle Tom, pure and simple. EVERY member of a minority who support the Republicans are Uncles Tom since they support a party viscerally opposed to their very existence. The GOP is entirely anti-minority in every possible aspect. How can any woman, black, muslim or gay vote for the Republican party is a total mystery to me. Those people certainly suffer from some form of self-loathing, that's the only explanation. They don't like the fact that they aren't white, male, straight and christian so they do everything they can to help the fascist agenda of the Republicans. After all, let's not forget that some Jews actually helped Hitler during his reign...

What's up with the Indian republican candidate? What's wrong with the world? :lmao:

My jewish ex friend voted for Bush in 2004 because her mom told her that Bush would do a better job at protecting Israel. They weren't even Israeli. They were just jewish.

I kind of stopped talking to her after that.

What's up with the Indian republican candidate? What's wrong with the world? :lmao:

My jewish ex friend voted for Bush in 2004 because her mom told her that Bush would do a better job at protecting Israel. They weren't even Israeli. They were just jewish.

I kind of stopped talking to her after that.

I love how the right licks the ass of Israel and everything they do (they also feel Israel has a big role to play in the "end times" and the state of Israel continuing to exist feeds into that) but I wish just ONCE some journalist would call these twats out on who they really are. Take Palin for example. She cant say enough good things about Israel. This is how an interview with Palin would go if I got a hold of her...

"So Palin. You are a devout evangelical Christian correct."

"That is correct don't ya know. I love my Jesus."

"And you believe the only way to heaven is by believing in Christ?"

"Why yes. He died for our sins Justin, and the Bible is clear. You can only enter the kingdom of heaven through Christ, and the blood he shed for us."

"You also support the jews and Israel with all your heart."

"Yes. I do. Those are Gods people, and Israel is meant for the Jews. The Bible says so."

"But Jewish people don't believe Christ was the son of God or the Messiah, so while you support Israel and the Jews, you also believe they will burn in hell?"

".....................I ummmm............Is that Trigg or Trap calling me? ....Interview over...."

Cant wait for lard butt Christie to drop out.

Its amazing how a few years ago he was being groomed to be the great white hope for the GOP, and now he is hardly on the radar. :lol:

Cant wait for lard butt Christie to drop out.

Its amazing how a few years ago he was being groomed to be the great white hope for the GOP, and now he is hardly on the radar. :lol:

He's actually one of the more reasonable ones though! Trump and Carson make him look normal! Sadly, Christie is too liberal for most Republican primary voters. :laugh:

That's not necessarily fair because some people, believe it or not, do not subscribe to "identity politics," and maybe, Ben Carson doesn't consider himself to be simply one thing over another. He is not running as a "black man" but simply as Ben Carson. He doesn't need to have a "conversation about race," because he IS the conversation. Believe it or not, this is a taste of what a "post-racial" America looks like - the absence of identity politics. Maybe you can get on this train before you, yourself, become a dinosaur.

That's not necessarily fair because some people, believe it or not, do not subscribe to "identity politics," and maybe, Ben Carson doesn't consider himself to be simply one thing over another. He is not running as a "black man" but simply as Ben Carson. He doesn't need to have a "conversation about race," because he IS the conversation. Believe it or not, this is a taste of what a "post-racial" America looks like - the absence of identity politics. Maybe you can get on this train before you, yourself, become a dinosaur.

Nah. Don't buy into that idea when it comes to republicans. Sorry. Nice utopian like thought though, but back to the real world where racism in America is still a major issue.

If Ben Carson or any of these rare black republicans gets off the script even a tiny bit I have no doubt these same white republicans that "support" them will be flinging the "N" word around behind closed doors. Like I said they only like these people because they are safe. They preach polices that keep the white power structure of America intact. The are akin to the good slave that gets to work inside the plantation house and not out it in the fields day after day. Like I also said, they like him because they feel he knows his place. I agree with what was said. These people are self hating uncle toms so desperate to be loved by the "ruling" class no different than gay republicans.

Our lifetime will not see post-racial America. This isn't a taste of that and you're full of it if you think it is. I wish it were. Its's just yet another example of the ongoing blatant hypocrisy that douche bag party has been infected with.

I'm sick of these people, like my boss, who vote republican because he says he's "fiscally conservative" but, according to him, he's totally okay with gays marrying. Republicans blew through Clinton's surplus. How the fuck is that fiscally responsible? And even though the U.S.'s foreign debt exploded under Obama, that trend started with Bush.

Oh, and just as a side note, my boss is married to a Mexican woman and moved illegally to Mexico before marrying her and becoming a legal resident. But of course he gets a free pass because he's a white "expat", not an illegal immigrant and then runs his mouth about illegals in the U.S. What a crock of shit. Bunch of hypocrites. How can you look at your brown Mexican wife and say that shit?

Talking about racism in America.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDIpvO8w5LY

I know it would be nice to think we live in a post racial society. I DREAM of that day, but its not here yet. Not even close. I used to think the dark side of Obama being elected was that fact that it caused a lot of racist ass people to come out of the closet who kept their feelings to themselves for a long time. People that suddenly lost their minds when they saw a black man who didn't think like they did occupying the White House, but maybe its a good thing. Maybe now we can see it for what it is. Point it out. Call it out for what it is, and deal with it.

I think at this point there was only a band aid covering the wound of racism in America, and that band aid seems like its being ripped right off right now. Again I say good. Hopefully we can start real conversations about it instead of living in denial and real solutions can take place.

Talking about racism in America.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDIpvO8w5LY

I know it would be nice to think we live in a post racial society. I DREAM of that day, but its not here yet. Not even close. I used to think the dark side of Obama being elected was that fact that it caused a lot of racist ass people to come out of the closet who kept their feelings to themselves for a long time. People that suddenly lost their minds when they saw a black man who didn't think like they did occupying the White House, but maybe its a good thing. Maybe now we can see it for what it is. Point it out. Call it out for what it is, and deal with it.

I think at this point there was only a band aid covering the wound of racism in America, and that band aid seems like its being ripped right off right now. Again I say good. Hopefully we can start real conversations about it instead of living in denial and real solutions can take place.

That's the problem, many people ARE trying to spark a conversation and their attempts just get shot down because others, like Cruncher, believe that we're past race in America. It's an old problem from the 60's that no longer exists, so why spend another minute even talking about it? He somehow doesn't even see what's wrong with a politician comparing the Affordable Care Act to SLAVERY :rolleyes:

The whole healthcare discussion is so ridiculous. What is supposed to be a bad thing about it. Do people understand that in Germany such an insurance exists since 1883? That's almost 150 years! And that most (if not all?) countries in Europe have a similar healthcare insurance and that a private health insurance is rather rare. What is the Republican argument? They certainly will not want to argue that healthcare in Europe is sub standard?

Slavery-Obamacare-the-law.jpg

This "liberal logic" site is beyond retarded. How the hell is health care for all people a BAD thing? :megamanson:

Also conservatives became so obsessed in their hatred of anything "liberal" that they moved to the far right of the far right. At this point republicans are literally unable of being moderate in ANY WAY and became the greatest threat America is facing right now. And the worst is that most Americans don't even realise it. They don't realise how radical the Republican party has become.

There's also all this talk about "political correctness". I do agree that political correctness exist and it is quite annoying on some aspects. But at this point, just being a decent human being is already being "politically correct" according to republicans. Take Donald Trump: he's nothing but a pure bully, attacking people in the most childish ways possible over nothing yet the conservative medias are defending him because he's not "politically correct", according to them. They genuinely fail to see the difference between political incorrectness and being a complete trashy bully. Yet when a DEMOCRAT dare to be outspoken about things then it is "bullying" and "attacks by liberals".

Forget about ISIS, the Republican party is the BIGGEST threat to America right now. It's nothing but a bunch of evil, ignorant and violent bigots who won't stop until they completely destroy America and the Constitution. People really need to be more informed and take them out of power. But i'm not too hopeful at this point.

Well Madonna fans tend to be very left wing or at least the loudest ones seem like they are online. Find it difficult to relate to political discussions within my own family and even my closest friends because they are so left wing. Try to be a centrist politically even though I'm a life long democratic and will NEVER vote Republican until there are more moderate candidates. Don't like identity politics or the victim mentality of some on the left and hate religious fundamentalism and pocketing the rich assholes on the right.

They certainly will not want to argue that healthcare in Europe is sub standard?

Oh but they do. They still insist that America before Obamacare had the best healthcare system in the world.

Forget about ISIS, the Republican party is the BIGGEST threat to America right now. It's nothing but a bunch of evil, ignorant and violent bigots who won't stop until they completely destroy America and the Constitution. People really need to be more informed and take them out of power. But i'm not too hopeful at this point.

Not even to just America, but the whole world. When you have pretty much an entire party of the worlds biggest super power denying something like climate change its not just a problem for the US, but a global one as well as they obstruct any kind of effort to help fix it or make things better.

And yet again today we have Ben Carson saying that evolution is a theory that was pushed by the devil. :huh: Most all of them have lost their damn minds.

What happened to Bobby Jindal? I never liked him, but he was being touted as the Republican's next great hope in 2009, and now he's completely out of steam, no one talks about him, and he wasn't even on the main debate stage with those other clowns.

What happened to Bobby Jindal? I never liked him, but he was being touted as the Republican's next great hope in 2009, and now he's completely out of steam, no one talks about him, and he wasn't even on the main debate stage with those other clowns.

It seems like every other week there is a NEW GREAT WHITE HOPE for the republican party and as some time passes the general public learns that they are DERPY DERPY, and they have to move on to the next idiot in line until once again the general public learns they are DERP DERP DERPY.

Its like clock work at this point.

Oh but they do. They still insist that America before Obamacare had the best healthcare system in the world.

Not even to just America, but the whole world. When you have pretty much an entire party of the worlds biggest super power denying something like climate change its not just a problem for the US, but a global one as well as they obstruct any kind of effort to help fix it or make things better.

And yet again today we have Ben Carson saying that evolution is a theory that was pushed by the devil. :huh: Most all of them have lost their damn minds.

Ben Carson is just insane. This guy should be in a mental asylum, there's something clearly wrong with him. Blatant religious zealots like him should never be allowed to run for President.

So what are the chances for this brain surgeon guy.. he sounds amazing on paper, except a Republican? :ohmy: I like when there are strong people from both sides though.

As for the Dems, didn't Obama destroy Hillary anyway and was the deserving leader? She and the Bush's are indeed old news.

And Bernie Sanders sounds brilliant - a better version of the militant socialist we have here as the new Labour (=Democrat) leader Jeremy Corbyn.

He does not sound like he is all there to me . Seem as if he take downers .... And Obama destroyed nobody to be honest