2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

Oh yes!!!!

Ai Papi !!!!!!'Raul Si stick dat puerto Rico churro in me mmmmmm....

tap tap tap dat ass ass ass

Many of those power hungry Russian government officials are in bed with the entire Russian Orthodox Church. They are extremely corrupt, and even though I understand Russia's long list grievances against US and Nato, I wish they would not scapegoat LGBT who live in fear of constant verbal and physical intimidation.

I was reading an article about all the shit Hillary went through in the 90s. God, drama after drama and scandal after scandal.

My favorite is the early 1992 drama when the right attcked her for not being a typical woman that stays at home and obeys her husband and tried to convince the public that a first lady that has been successful professionally and is strong and independent will control the president. And then her answer that she's not a housewife that bakes cookies at home and all the drama caused by that and the upset housewives who felt offened. :lmao: Ridiculous.

She really is quite a remarkable person. After the baking cookies clip, I started watching a 1994 bio on her through the related video wall. Her story is amazing - brought up in middle-class republican family in Park Ridge, Illinois. Was the first student to speak at her college's graduation ceremony and extemporaneously, after the preceding speech of a senator that exemplified everything she felt was lacking of political leadership at the time prompted her to abandon her planned speech. Then she went to Yale, followed by being on the 40 something team of lawyers, 3 of which were female, that investigated the Water Gate scandal. Gave up subsequent offers from top law firms in the country to move to Arkansan to be with Bill, who she met at Yale. And the work and achievements go on and on.

She really should be running the show - extremely capable, bright and obviously passionate about doing good.

This presidential election is going to be way interesting. Appreciate much of what Obama accomplished. At the same time, it starting to feel like he has been around too long.

Bring in someone new and hopefully a far right candidate won't win. Hilary is not "fresh", but it's ok for now to grab the win against freaks like Ted Cruz. Want to avoid any similar repeat of Reagan and Bush presidencies! :ugh:

Gawd a Dem BETTER get in 2016 cause the Supremes def. seemed kinda crabby, crusty and douchey towards allowing gay marriage! Even one of the LIBS said/asked something dopey and dementia-ridden. Nah, he's prob. all good but def. Kennedy was cranky today and the one to fear when he seemed like a sure bet!

They say it almost every election cycle but no DOUBT (unless one of the 5 conservatives topple over naturally cause none of em are retiring), we're gonna be back in the 1840s if a Repthug wins in 2016! The right is fuming now over the progress gays have made and still powerful enough to use a Supreme Court to energize the base and set things back 20 yrs. The ONLY reason 'some' of the Republican potential nominees are 'holding back' is to wait and see what happens w/ the Supremes. Thats it..no more. They will ALL be against it even harder if marriage equality doesn't happen w/ this court.

I'm actually kinda scared that (unless Hillary seriously steps up her game or *someone else comes outta the blue Obama 2006 style), the US is fcked!

Like him but he has a 0 shot. Besides looking 85 he is NOT all a general election candidate. Love Warren but the same thing- no shot. Waay too out there. If Hillary only did have her baggage/stiffness and had 1/3 of the charisma and fire as Bill and even Elizabeth she'd be a lock!

He looks old as fuck! That will make Hills sound younger, though he actually sounds quite good on his Wiki and is democrat.

He is actually an independent. The longest serving independent in US congressional history history.

It's a huge deal he is running. He is not part of the system. He has a huge wall of billions of dollars in front of him while he only relies on small contributions by every day individuals.

I love Bernie!

He's no fool, he knows that by entering the race his goal isn't to win nomination but to wedge Hilary into being more progressive and engage with the real issues (which he eloquently ticked off in his speech) and commit to effective action. That's the utility of Bernie.

It's a huge deal he is running. He is not part of the system. He has a huge wall of billions of dollars in front of him while he only relies on small contributions by every day individuals.

And this is exactly why I support him any day over Hillary or any other Wall Street fed candidate.

As much as I love Bernie, I think the Clintons actually talked him into running just so she'd have some opposition in the primary. I realize he is way to the left of her (even further left than Warren), but it will give Hillary a chance to highlight her "new-found" populist streak as well as keep the conversation on income inequality (which the GOP cannot really run on at all). Bernie would be coming out attacking Hillary hardcore if he was intending to win. He's pretty softball on calling her one of the 1%. He knows she'll win, and he has no intention of leading a scorched-earth campaign.

There is a republican entering the race pretty much on a daily basis. There's gonna be like 15 contestants competing in Iowa. I hope they destroy each other.

Don't understand the Republican candidates at all. They are all trying to appear conservative as possible to win over a certain voting block in US which is undeniably strong, but they alienate many other voters throughout the country. The might have a better chance to win if they get a minority candidate who is more centrist on economic and social policies.

Even though it will never happen, a nightmare scenario would be if Rick Santorum or Ben Carson would win. :scared: They would advocate for overly aggressive foreign policies as well as disenfranchising all the progress LGBT have made under Obama.

Hillary MUST have a few people compete against her and make her have debates. *Every one of the people who enter (Sanders, O'Malley, Lincoln Chafee? etc...) all know they have 99.9% of NOT getting the nomination lol and wouldn't at all be surprised if anyone entering is doing so 'cause Billary told them to and promise them high end cabinet positions- at the very least.

This is every bit looking like the same pasty white crusty freak show circus (maybe worse than 2011/12) Republican 'line up'. Not one of them has the 'it'/'star' factor...in any way. If the best the Rethugs can come up w/ is Scott Walker, Rubio and Jeb *Bush etc..lol It's 2012 all over again. I just feel Hillary REALLY needs to step up her game in the next 6 mths (have a feeling she's purposely holding back..at least hopefully). It's very 2000 when she ran for NY Senator. While I'm not feeling this super low key persona now, she's super smart. Unfortunately she has a major charisma issue/void, seems disconnected and only does well when she's losing (like at the end of the '08 primaries). However, there's just nothing about the current Repub. 'front-runners' who has the look, name, charisma, intelligence etc....

The republican candidate is probably gonna be Scott Walker, who is not ready for prime time and is probably gonna have a very Mitt Romney-esque campaign.

Watch, he's gonna have a Hispanic lesbian running mate :lmao:

:rotfl: