2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

But as long as some people get to sleep at night by voting for some no name who doesn't stand a chance in hell of ever winning taking votes away from whichever dem was nominated and pretty much giving them to Trump or Cruz.........

This election is no time to fuck around.

I would be more concerned about people who do not show up to vote at all. That's what can make a huge difference in an election -- not necessarily the people who will vote for Trump out of protest or vote for someone who is actually in line with their beliefs (in my case, Jill Stein).

I was just wondering who you guys would prefer to get the Democratic nomination with Hillary vs. Bernie? Even though I'm not American, I will endorse either Hillary or Bernie if they get the nomination. I won't pick between the two because that's up to you Americans to decide. I'm going to be watching the upcoming debate closely and cannot wait! Even though there's been a lot of negativity surrounding her, I'd be happy if Hillary wins. Bernie is obviously the best progressive candidate, however, the establishment may win this battle even though progressives will win overall. I don't think Hillary will be too bad and I say that as someone who from late 2013 until September 2015 experienced the worst Prime Minister in Australian history.

Bernie has virtually no foreign policy experience which is why at the last Democratic debate - when asked about the terrorist attacks in Paris - he proceeded to talk about global warming. I will agree that Hillary has always been a foreign policy hawk and she's probably less like Bill in that area. Although, Obama (while not an outright warmonger like Bush II) was still pretty hawkish in international affairs - he just did less noticeable stuff like drone strikes.

when i used to live in the US i really got sucked into US politics and internal affairs weighed very heavily for me. now that I dont, I care more about international affairs. And so, I think Bernie in that aspect would be a better leader. Both Hillary and Trump are anti Iran.

Why is the US so up Saudi's ass, and want to torture Iran? Just because they dont have relations with US? I mean, come on. I want someone who's more neutral. Hillary just called for more sanctions against Iran. She even joked and mentioned Iranians as her enemy in one of the debates.

That's not a person that I would like to lead. Just because she is a democrat and I agree with her on more issues than with Trump or any of the Republicans does not mean that I should like her. And she does differ to me greatly than Bernie.

Trump has no plan. He has a few sentences which sound good in a debate but mean nothing in the real world. Even his website doesn't address health care.

Trump doesn't have a formal policy statement, for whatever it is worth, on virtually anything. But he has consistently called himself "very liberal" on the health care issue, since at least 1999, and talks passionately about the need to cover all Americans (Obamacare on steroids) so I'm just saying it isn't a position that can be summarily lumped on with other Republicans of going back to where we were before.

"So I’m very liberal when it comes to healthcare. I believe in universal healthcare. I believe in whatever it takes to make people well and better."

"You can't let the people in this country that are the poor people, the people without the money and resources go without healthcare," Trump told the MSNBC program. "I just can't even imagine. You're sick and you can't even go to a doctor. I say one thing, can you not let 25 percent of the people of the country because they have no money go without something?"

The difference is that Hillary is lying about Bernie's plan and using Chelsea to back up her lying. If she were telling the truth, then I would respect her. I don't think that Hillary is a demon at all. I just think that she is a typical, corrupt, lying, Wall Street-fed politician -- and that's really not much different than most any Republican or Democrat out there.

Yeah, and Obama lied when running for President saying there would be no individual mandate, although every educated person knew that you can't have health care cover everyone without a mandate. And then he signed one into law. I'm not pissed about politicians lying, it's what they do. You want to win in politics? You gotta do some shady shit, that's called life. So you can certainly vote for Bernie saying "at least he's honest" but the Republicans will lie and throw millions at him and redefine him in the media.

I very much understand people wanting honest leaders and I'd love to live in a future society where that's the case, but that is simply not the nature of politics. I can't think of one President who has not lied - even the great ones.

It's not the first time either. He sees a link between global warming and terrorism:

At 4:00 in, he talks about his foreign policy positions:

Having foreign policy positions is not the same as having foreign policy experience. That's like walking into a job interview and saying, "I have opinions on this industry but I've never actually worked in it." Would you hire them for the top job?

Look Hillary changed her mind on many of the issues including gay marriage. Im not too against flip floping if in the end you end up on the right side, Hillary continues to be very far right on foreign policy with or without experience. Kinda even worse if you have experience and you're still not moving to the right direction of things.

Seriously fuck her. To me, she's the best option out of the republican candidates but that's where she belongs. No wonder Bill cheated on her. she has a sour puss for a pussy.

Hillary continues to be very far right on foreign policy with or without experience. Kinda even worse if you have experience and you're still not moving to the right direction of things.

I don't think she's FAR right. She favored diplomatic negotiation with Iran (over bombing them). Hell, the worst thing she wants now is more sanctions on them for their recent missile test. I think all of the GOP has indicated they want to scrap the agreement with Iran and threaten them with invasion or air strikes. To my knowledge, she has not advocated those things. ISIL is another story...I think we could see ground troops put into Syria under a Clinton administration.

I am not sure what Bernie would do. He seems to indicate we wouldn't do that. But if Syrians continue to flee their country, I can't imagine the U.S. not doing anything over there. Even if Europe would be the one dealing with most of them.

show me the receipts of where Hillary says she would favour democratic negotiations with Iran. she made it pretty clear that iranians are her enemy when you cant sum up Iranians and their government together.

ISIL is tearing up the region and no one is doing anything. at least Bernie is saying people in the region all need to work together to solving the issue.

I was just wondering who you guys would prefer to get the Democratic nomination with Hillary vs. Bernie? Even though I'm not American, I will endorse either Hillary or Bernie if they get the nomination. I won't pick between the two because that's up to you Americans to decide. I'm going to be watching the upcoming debate closely and cannot wait! Even though there's been a lot of negativity surrounding her, I'd be happy if Hillary wins. Bernie is obviously the best progressive candidate, however, the establishment may win this battle even though progressives will win overall. I don't think Hillary will be too bad and I say that as someone who from late 2013 until September 2015 experienced the worst Prime Minister in Australian history.

Sanders totally lost whatever respect I had for him with the "damn emails" comment. So Hillary violating countless espionage and public corruption laws as head of a federal agency and throwing our national security on the table for all our enemies to see without a care in the world is perfectly OK as long as most Americans don't seem to care either ??? The Clintons define corrupt elitists who think they are above the law and anyone who enables it is just as uninformed and misdirected as they are. I understand that wasn't necessarily his intention with the line but the way it came out was rather unnerving and telling in a very negative way. Bernie will be changing his tune no doubt if Hillary is indicted and he is the most obvious beneficiary of her dropping out of the race.

show me the receipts of where Hillary says she would favour democratic negotiations with Iran. she made it pretty clear that iranians are her enemy when you cant sum up Iranians and their government together.

ISIL is tearing up the region and no one is doing anything. at least Bernie is saying people in the region all need to work together to solving the issue.

Receipts: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/hillary-clinton-on-iran-we-need-patient-persistent-diplomacy-with-people-who-are-not-our-friends/

Hillary has said that the Saudis and Iranians need to be part of a regional coalition that helps take down ISIS. Bernie doesn't have the market on that advice. It's the Democratic approach right now across the board.

I hate when there is infighting around election time. Same shit went down when it came down to Obama and Hillary.

Our MAIN goal right now should be to KEEP CRUZ OR TRUMP OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! PERIOD!!!!!! END OF STORY!!!!!

Thank you. :newspaper:

I hate when there is infighting around election time. Same shit went down when it came down to Obama and Hillary.

Our MAIN goal right now should be to KEEP CRUZ OR TRUMP OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!!!! PERIOD!!!!!! END OF STORY!!!!!

I literally cannot believe that we are in a world where someone like Donald Trump has the possibility of being a candidate for President of the United States.

It's so unbelievably bizarre I can barely articulate how that feels...

Holy FUCK.

I literally cannot believe that we are in a world where someone like Donald Trump has the possibility of being a candidate for President of the United States.

It's so unbelievably bizarre I can barely articulate how that feels...

Holy FUCK.

It's scary as hell, but I HAVE to believe its the result of a segment of the older white population that is so in shock and in awe over the fact that we elected a black President TWICE by a pretty large margin, a group of older white people that is so in shock that gay marriage is now legal in every state, a segment of older white people that cant believe the fact that Latinos could be the majority of this country in a couple of decades....I could go on and on....But the end of the day this is a by and large frightened xenophobic/racist group of people that are coming together around the man that they believe will "Make America white again".

This is their last grasp at an America that is slipping away and its slipping away fast. Its a dying breed of people that refuses to go silently into the night so instead they are going to shout and scream and throw tantrums before their time is up.

I mean lets get real. Take the Tea Party for example. This group of people had nothing to do with "taxes". It was a bunch of old white people throwing shit fits simply because the President is black.

Receipts: http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/hillary-clinton-on-iran-we-need-patient-persistent-diplomacy-with-people-who-are-not-our-friends/

Hillary has said that the Saudis and Iranians need to be part of a regional coalition that helps take down ISIS. Bernie doesn't have the market on that advice. It's the Democratic approach right now across the board.

Oh come on, that doesn't support your argument. Why don't you bleach your night shaded mussy. Whatever.

She is the best republican candidate for sure. That Hillary. Too bad, she's running as democrat. Maybe dementia.

She is the best republican candidate for sure. That Hillary. Too bad, she's running as democrat. Maybe dementia.

:chuckle: Funny that you mention this. My brother and I were talking about this lately. If she doesn't get the Democratic nomination, she should consider running as a Republican.

^ Dramatic queens. She's hardly a Republican. The GOP wants to repeal the ACA and lower taxes on the top incomes. She isn't advocating either of those. You just don't like her so you make up stuff but really all you do is make yourself look illogical and it debases your entire argument.

Oh come on, that doesn't support your argument. Why don't you bleach your night shaded mussy. Whatever.

Usually when a party resorts to name-calling they've already lost the argument. You asked for receipts when she said she favored diplomacy with Iran over war. I gave you a video and then you say it doesn't count. Sounds like Trump's strategy when called out.

^ Dramatic queens. She's hardly a Republican. The GOP wants to repeal the ACA and lower taxes on the top incomes. She isn't advocating either of those. You just don't like her so you make up stuff but really all you do is make yourself look illogical and it debases your entire argument.

Usually when a party resorts to name-calling they've already lost the argument. You asked for receipts when she said she favored diplomacy with Iran over war. I gave you a video and then you say it doesn't count. Sounds like Trump's strategy when called out.

Calling your night shaded mussy was meant as a term of endearment.

Thanks for that link. It doesn't suffice up against her other arguments against Iranians.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8297580

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jan/17/bernie-s/sanders-obama-was-right-clinton-was-wrong-iran/

For her to say that Iran is a threat to the Middle East without saying the same about Israel and Saudi is just one sided. And that makes me worry. You can't choose a side against the other unless you don't wish the region to stabilize.

You have to see the bigger picture of you're gonna be the president of the United States.

She's more likely to put more sanctions on Iran if she wins. If she was president the nuclear deal would have not have happened.

Do you know how many Iranians got poor from all these sanctions? The Iranian government is not affected, it's the citizens that suffer the most.

She voted on Iraq. War should be as a last resort. Her rhetoric is old school generic typical politician. When Bill Clinton was president it was the right person as the right time, Hilary's time was never there. Not when she ran against Obama and certainly not now. Just give it up lady. Sit your ass down. Go home, learn how to give good head. Always the bridemaid never the bride.

You are right in stating that I do not like her. That's because I see her for what she really is -- a typical, corporate politician who will be more loyal to her donors than to the American people. As for her running as a Republican, I was joking, at least when it comes to today's Republican party. It is unfair to compare her to the nutcases running in that party today. ;)

All of you people discussing Sanders vs. Clinton in such an agressive way are laying the groundwork for a republican in the White House. Trump or Cruz, doesn't matter. Let me tell you as someone from Europe both are considered nutjobs here. Never ever would they stand a chance to be elected here. Are you even listening to what these guys have to say? It's insane. It's a disgrace for the office. For the "most powerful position in the world". Allegedlly and by American narrative only. The truth is the American dream has died a long time ago and the U.S. president is not considered the most powerful person on the planet anymore. All of this thanks to the Republican presidents of the last years. And all of your bitching and bickering will help another Republican move into the Oval Office. You should stand united and make sure a democrat, Sanders or Clinton, takes the office. I can't even believe some people say they will not vote for one or another in the general election because of personal resentments ignoring the consequences.

I'm NOT going to vote for that ex board member of Wal-Mart. Period. Go ahead and insult me and tell me I'm misinformed. I'm done voting for the statu quo. She'll do just fine without my vote.

Fuck Hillary Clinton. I can't wait to see her get humiliated and lose to someone who was virtually unknown a few months ago. It's 2008 all over again.

always the bride maid never the bride.

All of you people discussing Sanders vs. Clinton in such an agressive way are laying the groundwork for a republican in the White House. Trump or Cruz, doesn't matter. Let me tell you as someone from Europe both are considered nutjobs here. Never ever would they stand a chance to be elected here. Are you even listening to what these guys have to say? It's insane. It's a disgrace for the office. For the "most powerful position in the world". Allegedlly and by American narrative only. The truth is the American dream has died a long time ago and the U.S. president is not considered the most powerful person on the planet anymore. All of this thanks to the Republican presidents of the last years. And all of your bitching and bickering will help another Republican move into the Oval Office. You should stand united and make sure a democrat, Sanders or Clinton, takes the office. I can't even believe some people say they will not vote for one or another in the general election because of personal resentments ignoring the consequences.

:clap:

I'm NOT going to vote for that ex board member of Wal-Mart. Period. Go ahead and insult me and tell me I'm misinformed. I'm done voting for the statu quo. She'll do just fine without my vote.

Which one the candidates was an ex-board member of walmart?

In six years as a member of the Wal-Mart board of directors, between 1986 and 1992, Hillary Clinton remained silent as the world's largest retailer waged a major campaign against labor unions seeking to represent store workers.

you guys don't even know who you're voting for :lmao: