2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

Is it true that this "person" wants to close down the Internet?

Yes, he wants Bill Gates to close down the internet :lmao:

I'm just going to make a prediction

Republican nominee: Ted Cruz

Democratic nominee: Hillary Clinton

It's still really early and I may change my mind later, but I think they are the most likely possibility at the moment. There's no way they are going to allow Trump to be nominated, even if it means going against Republican voters.

Ted Cruz looks like a sleazy uncle with a case of saggy ball sac.

melting Mr. Haney face machine gun bacon guy, that's what I call him. He doesn't have a chance.

193a4cb51f2d5c166328e53e0860ad72.jpg

I do think it's funny that people insist the media is so biased in favor of Hillary. I swear I've read a thousand headlines this year along the lines of "Hillary Email Scandal Grows Worse" only to click the link and find that it hasn't grown worse at all. Or more recently, a headline stating that top secret emails were found, then click to read "or maybe they were not actually top secret."

And today a Facebook group pops up in my feed with the charming title "If Sanders Doesn't Get the Nomination, I Will Not Vote for Clinton." Well good for you, don't. Let's just allow the right to turn us into a theocracy.

But, the media is biased in favor of Hillary, at least when it comes to news coverage. Look how little news coverage Sanders gets in comparison to Hillary. The media is happy as long as a Wall Street backed candidate gets into office.

I would not vote for Clinton even if Sanders was not in the race. I would still vote for a third party candidate, preferably Jill Stein. I'm at the point where I should not have to vote for someone who I dislike (Clinton or whoever else) out of fear of getting someone worse (mostly any Republican). With that type of mindset, nothing will ever change. We will always be forced to give in and just accept the same old sh*t. I am ready for a political revolution.

I can't believe Trump is leading in the polls after all the shit he said. What if he's the republican nominee, and people prefer him to Hillary? The idea of Donald Trump president is really scary :manson:

I can't believe Trump is leading in the polls after all the shit he said. What if he's the republican nominee, and people prefer him to Hillary? The idea of Donald Trump president is really scary :manson:

Trump doesn't stand a chance of ever being President. So many top republicans are frightened of him being the nominee because they know it would be an epic disaster for their party..

HOWEVER! If shit like this continues to happen which is what I woke up to today, this could EASILY rip the democrat party in half and cause MILLIONS of people who support Bernie to sit home and not vote at all if Hillary is the nominee out of pure disgust with the system. This is NOT good.

How the DNC Just Sabotaged Bernie Sanders’ Campaign in One Devastating Move

Amanda Girard |

December 18, 2015

This move will cripple Sanders’ campaign unless it’s reversed.

SHARES

As chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), Debbie Wasserman Schultz has spent the last 8 months using her position to put a lid on Bernie Sanders’ momentum. And after what was arguably the biggest week of the Sanders campaign, she may have finally succeeded.

Late Thursday night, the DNC took the drastic step of cutting off the Sanders campaign’s access to its comprehensive 50-state voter file that lists voter patterns and preferences, effectively shutting down the campaign’s voter outreach operations just over a month before the critical Iowa caucus and a little over 50 days before the New Hampshire primary.

The punishment came about as the result of a 30-minute glitch in NGP VAN — the vendor that handles the DNC’s voter data — in which internal models for each Democratic presidential campaign were briefly available to other competing campaigns while NGP VAN was applying a patch to the software. Michael Briggs, a communications aide for the Sanders campaign, said this isn’t the first time they’ve reported security bugs in the DNC’s voter file.

“On more than one occasion, the vendor has dropped the firewall between the data of different Democratic campaigns. Our campaign months ago alerted the DNC to the fact that campaign data was being made available to other campaigns,” Briggs told Buzzfeed News. “At that time our campaign did not run to the media, relying instead on assurances from the vendor.”

The DNC has vowed to not grant the Sanders campaign access to the voter file until it has proved that it destroyed all of the Clinton campaign data it inadvertently accessed as a result of the glitch. However, as Reddit user bastion_of_press pointed out, the Sanders campaign cannot prove it destroyed something it doesn’t have, meaning the ban on accessing critical voter information could be indefinite.

“The DNC hires a group to manage their database and firewall between the campaigns. They screw up and some low level Sanders staffer sees and reports it. Nothing is saved or printed out and now the DNC is withholding crucial access to voter data until the Sanders campaign can prove it doesn’t have the data from the Clinton campaign and won’t release access to voter data unless somehow the Sanders campaign can prove a negative – that they have destroyed data they don’t have. Which is impossible.”

The news couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Sanders campaign, which recently announced its latest milestone of 2 million campaign contributions, with over $2 million raised in just 72 hours. Sanders also received major endorsements from the 700,000-member Communications Workers of America union and secured 88.9 percent of 270,000 votes cast in Democracy for America’s official endorsement poll.

This is far from the first time Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been accused of stifling Sanders’ voice in the Democratic primary contest. Schultz took considerable heat from Democrats for scheduling just six debates compared to the Republicans’ 12 debates. And those six debates are scheduled at times when the fewest amount of voters are likely to watch. In fact, the next Democratic debate, which is taking place on Saturday night at 8 PM Eastern, is happening at the same time as a primetime NFL football game.

Voters eager to pressure Debbie Wasserman Schultz to reverse her decision can call her office at 202-225-7931, and send emails to info@democrats.org. There’s also a petition circulating demanding Debbie Wasserman Schultz reinstate the Sanders’ campaign’s access to the 50-state voter file, displayed below.

Trump doesn't stand a chance of ever being President. So many top republicans are frightened of him being the nominee because they know it would be an epic disaster for their party..

Yes, but what if the voters don't share the "top republicans" opinion? They seem to like Trump and his unconventional role in the Republican race. What happens if all voters react the same when he'll face Hillary in the general election? Hillary has more experience and ideas, but I'm scared the voters could chose him because he's the self made billionaire, non-traditional politician who dares to say what others don't.

Top Pentagon Commanders: We’ll Quit If Trump Becomes Commander-In-Chief

Posted onDecember 17, 2015

Donald Trump spent much of the recent “foreign policy debate” declaring how he’d make our military great and criticizing President Obama for “weakening it” (even though we still spend more than any other nation on defense spending), and pronouncing ridiculous bravados of how we will will become a “strong nation” again while actively belittling our nation and all it represents, trying to incite fear and create a false perception of American weakness that is coupled with an appallingly foolish and heartless strategy that involves closing our borders to thousands of desperate emigres and persecuting Muslim-Americans for their faith.

However, when one asks the military officers of the Pentagon what they think of this potential Commander-in-Chief’s plans for the military, we hear a very different story. The Daily Beast just revealed that a good number of Pentagon officials are planning to retire or quit if Trump gets elected in protest of his vile desecration of the values that they have sworn to die defending and his callous disregard for the lives that will be put at risk should he attain he highest office of the United States:

—his call to ban
Muslims
from the United States, his suggestions that cutting off the flow of information through the Internet can protect the homeland—many said, are an affront to the values they vowed to die to defend.

Some said repeatedly hearing Trump and the other GOP candidates spelling out a plan that is only a more brazen—and perhaps reckless—version of the current strategy was not reassuring.

This Daily Beast correspondent has heard such sentiments from at least a dozen commanders in the past few months. Such conversations can also be heard at common areas—in cafeteria lines and around lunch tables.

There are fears of being asked to carry out futile war plans that would bring instability. Almost all of today’s commanders are veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. They all know someone who died in combat; indeed, they may have sent someone on a mission that ended with death. And because of that they bring a unique vantage point to lessons learned, from the frontlines where the cruelty of warfare is impossible to miss. Those who send them, meanwhile, sit thousands of miles away and learn what is happening through the filter of distance.

And so in the course of conversation, plots of a different kind emerge—contingencies in case Trump really is elected to the White House.

“By 2016 I will have my 20 years in and can get out of here,” one military official said, referring to the amount of time a service member needs to collect retirement pay.

“This is not the country I joined to defend. I am turning in my papers. I’m moving to a farm.”

“Personally, I hope no one will be called upon to serve under a President T… I can’t bring myself to type the words,” said retired Rear Admiral John Hutson.

This is a damning indictment of the counterproductive and monstrously foolish delusions of neocolonial conquest that passes for “foreign policy” among the Republican presidential candidates. It also highlights how the Republican Party freely uses the military as a political prop in their stump speeches and debates, but at the end of the day, they are naught but mummer’s tricks: they care nothing for our veterans when they return home while continually scheming to make new veterans with their relentless calls for war.

Just a few days ago, some of our most decorated generals called out the Republican war hawks for how utterly divorced their “plans” for defeating Daesh (ISIS/ISIL) are from reality; now it is clear that this utter disdain is echoed by our seasoned, knowledgeable military service staffers. Nobody ever asks those who must put their lives and limbs on the line how they feel about the orders they are sent to fulfill. It is said that theirs is not to question why, but to do and die – an axiom that the Republican Party has viciously abused for far too long. Our brave military men and women are bound by a sacred vow to selflessly fulfill the orders of their commander-in-chief; that is why President Obama only asks when he absolutely has to, showing them the respect for their duty that they deserve and for the lives they may have to sacrifice; for this, he is branded as “weak” and “spineless” by the GOP, who looks incessantly to entrench our military in yet another inevitably fruitless war of foreign conquest for the sake of political points and to feed their obsessive need for our nation to appear “strong.”

These blowhard demagogues and religious extremists masquerading as politicians have not the slightest care for what they are asking of our military, taking their service and their very lives for granted. These commanders are veterans of the last time a naive Republican fool ordered them into the breach of ignorance. We invaded Iraq and Afghanistan; they saw their comrades fight and die for Fallujah, for Ramadi, for Tikrit, for Mosul, for Kunduz- only to see them fall into the hands of terrorist insurgents not five years later. It was all for nothing, and they are unwilling to blindly do it again for a more obvious fool.

Sun Tzu, the world’s oldest recorded strategist, wrote that one must “treat your men as you would your own beloved sons, and they will follow you into the deepest valley.” It is clear that the men and women of the Pentagon know that Trump and his ilk know care no more for our soldiers than they do for the civilians on the other end of their “carpet bombs”- or else they would treat the discussion of war with the quiet and reasoned deliberation that the subject deserves.

The Republican Party has shown a consistently horrific disrespect not only for the lives of our fighting men and women, but for the lives of the men and women who are trapped behind terrorist lines, who form the shield that Daesh uses to hide from our bombs and missiles. Such a callous disregard for human life should be the nail in the political coffin for these barbarians, and it appears that our military men and women agree.

Yes, but what if the voters don't share the "top republicans" opinion? They seem to like Trump and his unconventional role in the Republican race. What happens if all voters react the same when he'll face Hillary in the general election? Hillary has more experience and ideas, but I'm scared the voters could chose him because he's the self made billionaire, non-traditional politician who dares to say what others don't.

There is no shot in hell of that happening. And he isn't self made. He "made" himself by inheriting all of daddies money.

Every poll that comes out shows Hillary beating Trump in a landslide.

After the debate tonight hardcore Bernie supporters and hardcore Hillary supporters can have at it at each other if they feel the need to keep bickering .

At this point compared to what they are up against and how frightening those republicans are I am totally 100% fine with either one of them as our next President.

I'm just going to make a prediction

Republican nominee: Ted Cruz

Democratic nominee: Hillary Clinton

It's still really early and I may change my mind later, but I think they are the most likely possibility at the moment. There's no way they are going to allow Trump to be nominated, even if it means going against Republican voters.

Cruz should also be winning by a landslide picking up almost every big endorsement in an evangelical state that selected Santorum and Huckabee the last two times but Trump is still getting far bigger crowds, so who knows ? If Trump wins fair and square and is still denied the nomination even non supporters are not going to stand by and watch a theft which gives him pretty much unstoppable momentum against both Hillary and the Republican establishment. He is preferable to Cruz in temperament and ideology but still a living, breathing PR nightmare. If Cruz wins in Iowa, and it’s very iffy, he will win by the skin of his teeth.IMO. :)

If Trump wins fair and square and is still denied the nomination even non supporters are not going to stand by and watch a theft which gives him pretty much unstoppable momentum against both Hillary and the Republican establishment.

Uh not really.

The people that love Trump LOVE him. The people that hate Trump HATE him. No on who doesn't support Trump is going to come to his defense if this happens. We are just going to sit back and enjoy watching the republican party rip itself to shreds.

Am I the only one who finds Donald Trump amusing and isn't really worried about him actually becoming president?

You know, any other time I might agree but it isn't so much him winning that worries me. I think his public racism - which he seems to wear like a badge of honor - has subconsciously given a whole group of people in this country permission to express their racism as if it were justified. I think anyone in the public eye - especially someone who wants to lead - has a responsibility to appeal to our better emotions. Not incite hatred or bigotry. Public figures do affect perceptions and it's sad he's used this platform to sully the country in this manner.

A part of me hope he wins the GOP nomination so Hillary can mop the floor with him, but really even that desire is short-sighted because that means 11 more months of hate-mongering that will poison the base of the Right Wing and make them that much more bitter after the election. The damage he's causing to the psyche of the country is not short-term, and I wager it won't go away even if he loses.

Gee. I wonder who this lady is voting for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUGuI5O2Ut8

FLORIDUH...again!!! LMAO.

Def. from the same pile of inbred human poop as Kim Davis. OMFG that's actually the majority of what's driving all over the roads in the US :ohmy::ohmy:

Gee. I wonder who this lady is voting for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUGuI5O2Ut8

Watching this clip reminds me that left wing people are just as irritating as right wing people. What was the point of those two guys shit stirring this woman as well as taking down her number plate. That woman had every right to go off at them. I would have gone one step further and smacked the shit out of the arseholes for taking down my number plate and god knows what they would have done with it?

Am I the only one who finds Donald Trump amusing and isn't really worried about him actually becoming president?

Was just having this conversation with family yesterday. Do believe like many others that Trump poses a threat to US and world security if he becomes president because he's very impulsive and his judgment is off. He can also be a stupid dick! At the same time, he makes me laugh and love how at times he makes both the far left and republican establishment go ape shit!

Have personally been very critical of conservative muslim ideology, but Trump's ban on all muslims was totally unnecessary and extremely polarizing. He's not going to win the general election anyway, and there might be a historical split in the republican party if he becomes the party's nominee.

Watching this clip reminds me that left wing people are just as irritating as right wing people. What was the point of those two guys shit stirring this woman as well as taking down her number plate. That woman had every right to go off at them. I would have gone one step further and smacked the shit out of the arseholes for taking down my number plate and god knows what they would have done with it?

Erm, they probably made sure to get her plate # in case this crazy bitch decided to assault them or pull a gun on them.

And where in this video is it made clear in any shape or form that these two guys simply minding their own business before this nutjob came along are at all "left wing"? We don't know what the hell their political ideology is. Like most young people they might not even follow politics.

Silly statement.

Have personally been very critical of conservative muslim ideology, but Trump's ban on all muslims was totally unnecessary and extremely polarizing. He's not going to win the general election anyway, and there might be a historical split in the republican party if he becomes the party's nominee.

I can not WAIT to see how sad and depressed the inbred racists of this country are going to become when Trump finally implodes whether its during the primary season and he loses the nomination or whether its during the general election.

Ted Cruz is coming up fast behind him, but he in many ways is just as crazy.

You know, any other time I might agree but it isn't so much him winning that worries me. I think his public racism - which he seems to wear like a badge of honor - has subconsciously given a whole group of people in this country permission to express their racism as if it were justified. I think anyone in the public eye - especially someone who wants to lead - has a responsibility to appeal to our better emotions. Not incite hatred or bigotry. Public figures do affect perceptions and it's sad he's used this platform to sully the country in this manner.

A part of me hope he wins the GOP nomination so Hillary can mop the floor with him, but really even that desire is short-sighted because that means 11 more months of hate-mongering that will poison the base of the Right Wing and make them that much more bitter after the election. The damage he's causing to the psyche of the country is not short-term, and I wager it won't go away even if he loses.

Totally agree

It's sad really

I can not WAIT to see how sad and depressed the inbred racists of this country are going to become when Trump finally implodes whether its during the primary season and he loses the nomination or whether its during the general election.

Ted Cruz is coming up fast behind him, but he in many ways is just as crazy.

My very religious cousin works in NY for the republican party! I even saw personal pics of him with both scary Cruz and Santorum. :laugh:

He's been talking a lot lately about how many conservatives are freaking about Trump splitting up their base, and their insiders have been questioning if he's a trojan horse for Clinton and the democrats! You can't make this stuff up!

My very religious cousin works in NY for the republican party! I even saw personal pics of him with both scary Cruz and Santorum. :laugh:

He's been talking a lot lately about how many conservatives are freaking about Trump splitting up their base, and their insiders have been questioning if he's a trojan horse for Clinton and the democrats! You can't make this stuff up!

Well he might just as well be :rotfl:

He's the gift that keeps on giving, makes most Republicans seem educated and aware which is quite a feat