2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

Trump reminds me of Madonna 1985.

:lol:

Madonna was controversial throughout her career but she never put out dumb, banal statements. Her provocations were clever, challenging and bringing society forward not backwards. Trump is controversial out of saying dumb things. Quite a difference. And it doesn't translate well when you're aspiring to actually rule imo.

His provocations are short-lived because they are untenable and contradicted by the complexity of reality, Madonna's provocations are immortal because they were rooted in society's natural changing course. This guy lives on a planet of his own, totally disconnected. Inclusiveness is the only way forward.

Yet! He's actually the most LGBT friendly!! :ohmy: Buds w/ George Takei, been to a gay wedding(s) called it 'beautiful' and is against people being fired for being gay etc... He RARELY ever talks about social issues unlike basically every other single one. Rubio and Cruz (two front-runners behind Trump) has been vocally SUPER anti gay. If either one of them or basically any others (including the 'moderates' lol Bush and the obese corrupt Jersey fucker who *vetoed gay marriage) almost overnight gays etc...go back 20+ years!

Yet! He's actually the most LGBT friendly!! :ohmy: Buds w/ George Takei,

I am not so sure he is buds anymore as George just came out and said he if he is elected his slogan of "Make America great again" should be changed to "America disgraced again".

Brand new poll - 3 way race!

Projections with Clinton vs. Opponents in a Three-Person Race

The poll also asked likely-voter respondents to consider their options if Trump were to break ranks with the GOP and run as an independent, and the GOP nominated another person to run and to face both Clinton and Trump. The three-candidate scenario left Clinton with an extraordinary advantage, shown here, in descending order of Clinton’s projected results.

• Clinton, 45.4 percent; Cruz, 19.9 percent; Trump, 26.1 percent
  • Clinton, 44.8 percent; Fiorina, 14.9 percent; Trump, 29.6 percent
  • Clinton, 44 percent; Carson, 20.1 percent; Trump, 25.7 percent
  • Clinton, 43.3 percent, Rubio, 21.8 percent; Trump, 25.9 percent
  • Clinton, 43.3 percent; Bush, 19.6 percent; Trump, 29.5 percent

http://polls.saintleo.edu/trump-gains-while-carson-declines-in-new-saint-leo-university-national-political-poll/

I just saw a bunch of trump supporters on CNN and they are scary :scared: they fear everything and think trump says the things they have in their minds... Ew

They are scary as hell.

Today at work an old white man was complaining to his wife how he will never buy the Daily News again because they are anti Trump.

Couldn't help it and I said Trump disgusts me and he is like a wannabe Hitler at this point.

The mans response....."Maybe we need another Hitler."

Guest Pud Whacker

They are scary as hell.

Today at work an old white man was complaining to his wife how he will never buy the Daily News again because they are anti Trump.

Couldn't help it and I said Trump disgusts me and he is like a wannabe Hitler at this point.

The mans response....."Maybe we need another Hitler."

Are you sure you kicked the habit? You still behave like a Little Monster.

Yet! He's actually the most LGBT friendly!! :ohmy: Buds w/ George Takei, been to a gay wedding(s) called it 'beautiful' and is against people being fired for being gay etc... He RARELY ever talks about social issues unlike basically every other single one. Rubio and Cruz (two front-runners behind Trump) has been vocally SUPER anti gay. If either one of them or basically any others (including the 'moderates' lol Bush and the obese corrupt Jersey fucker who *vetoed gay marriage) almost overnight gays etc...go back 20+ years!

He is definitely the most "pro-gay" candidate of all the Republicans, not for gay marriage (today) but supports amending the Civil Rights Act to include sexual orientation non-discrimination. Open any of his books to a random page and there are about four good ideas and four bad ones. :lol: All I know is that if Trump truly wants to be President than he needs to start talking in a more smart, precise way. He does not have to pull any punches. But the bombast is starting to obscure important, salient points like the United States might need a TEMPORARY pause in handling refugees and visitors of certain sects from certain from Muslim countries until a better system is in place for separating out the good from those radical elements who wish to do us harm.

Omg PUD is basically spot on w/ that Madonna/ 1985 analogy! lol. The 24/7 media coverage is insane and only getting more/ more intense! CANNOT turn on any news or semi news station w/out every other word or discussion being about this man. Exactly the same level of intensity, fixation, fascination, obsession (good or bad) like was for Madonna 1985-92ish. :D Polar opposite of the 100% media 'love' for Obama which greatly helped him win! But I think the coverage for Trump is 100x crazier. Like M during her zenith...whether it's good or bad (mainly the way it is for Trump and def. M most of the time), when the media becomes your bitch you *always win!!

Omg PUD is basically spot on w/ that Madonna/ 1985 analogy! lol. The 24/7 media coverage is insane and only getting more/ more intense! CANNOT turn on any news or semi news station w/out every other word or discussion being about this man. Exactly the same level of intensity, fixation, fascination, obsession (good or bad) like was for Madonna 1985-92ish. :D Polar opposite of the 100% media 'love' for Obama which greatly helped him win! But I think the coverage for Trump is 100x crazier. Like M during her zenith...whether it's good or bad (mainly the way it is for Trump and def. M most of the time), when the media becomes your bitch you *always win!!

Definitely. And they haven't even been forced to deal with all that nasty Clinton baggage yet. The media and political establishment are losing control and losing their minds in the process....:lol:

Definitely. And they haven't even been forced to deal with all that nasty Clinton baggage yet.

What Clinton baggage? The bitch has been a target for close to25 fucking years. Do you think there is anything else the republicans can dig up on her that would keep her from the White House? Give me a break.

Like the majority of this country would vote for Donald Fucking Trump over Hillary because of some drummed up email "scandal" which is a one big political sideshow.

What Clinton baggage? The bitch has been a target for close to25 fucking years. Do you think there is anything else the republicans can dig up on her that would keep her from the White House? Give me a break.

Like the majority of this country would vote for Donald Fucking Trump over Hillary because of some drummed up email "scandal" which is a one big political sideshow.

Amen!

I've learned recently that the father of Steve Jobs was a muslim in Syria. Look how he created the biggest company in the US and became a billionnaire... Someone should say that to the moron Trump and other racists who think that syrians and immigrants are a bad thing.

I've learned recently that the father of Steve Jobs was a muslim in Syria. Look how he created the biggest company in the US and became a billionnaire... Someone should say that to the moron Trump and other racists who think that syrians and immigrants are a bad thing.

Memes about that have popped up all over Facebook.

Has Madonna ever met the Clintons? I finally met Hillary today! But it doesn't seem like M's really met any politicians as far as I can remember

She met Bill Clinton at some dinner in 1994 that she attended with Harvey Weinstein, and visited the Clinton Foundation for a few hours back in July 2007 (I believe to shoot Bill's parts for I Am Because We Are). I assume she met Hillary there too.

There was a rumor in some forum too about a meeting Bill had with Madonna that he wrote about for his autobiography that was removed by his editor:

"That ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy came out of a late-night meeting I had with Madonna. She was still quite the pistol back in the early 90’s. Anywho, we were engaged in a little ‘Bosnia and Herzegovina’, if you catch my drift. I asked her about what would happen if someone found out about our ‘meeting,’ and she said not to worry, she had a strict ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy. Wasn’t quite sure what she meant, but the idea stuck."

Has Madonna ever met the Clintons? I finally met Hillary today! But it doesn't seem like M's really met any politicians as far as I can remember

I remember seeing Chelsea at her Confessions Tour.

I remember seeing Chelsea at her Confessions Tour.

I know her, Chelsea and Paltry were all pals at one point. There's tons of pics of them online together. I hope M gets more involved in the campaign once we get closer to the election! I'm an intern for Hillary and I'd be so happy and proud to get her onboard!

I do think it's funny that people insist the media is so biased in favor of Hillary. I swear I've read a thousand headlines this year along the lines of "Hillary Email Scandal Grows Worse" only to click the link and find that it hasn't grown worse at all. Or more recently, a headline stating that top secret emails were found, then click to read "or maybe they were not actually top secret."

And today a Facebook group pops up in my feed with the charming title "If Sanders Doesn't Get the Nomination, I Will Not Vote for Clinton." Well good for you, don't. Let's just allow the right to turn us into a theocracy.

I do think it's funny that people insist the media is so biased in favor of Hillary. I swear I've read a thousand headlines this year along the lines of "Hillary Email Scandal Grows Worse" only to click the link and find that it hasn't grown worse at all. Or more recently, a headline stating that top secret emails were found, then click to read "or maybe they were not actually top secret."

And today a Facebook group pops up in my feed with the charming title "If Sanders Doesn't Get the Nomination, I Will Not Vote for Clinton." Well good for you, don't. Let's just allow the right to turn us into a theocracy.

I know. But headlines are like this on so many issues these days. Everything is SO overly sensationalized for click bait.

And the sad thing is people just read the headline without reading the article. Like you said about the Hillary email thing. When you actually READ the article it turns out its not a very big deal, but its obvious so many didn't as there were posts of, "ROT IN JAIL BITCH!!!" and "TIME TO THROW THIS WOMAN IN PRISON WHERE SHE BELONGS!!!!"

People like that DISGUST me. They're vindictive, and in my opinion, just as bad as the far right. I love Bernie - I was born and raised in Vermont and I've met him - but I don't support as president. That one faction of his supporters are so radical and so anti-Hillary that it's just completely irrational. It's no different from the radical right, in my mind. Really disappointing.