2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

People are thinking too much. Democratic Party embraced an agenda to establish themselves as the permanent liberal party of US. After Obama, they also want to have first woman president from their party. I don't see any chance of Sanders' being democratic candidate for presidential election.

Edited by MonsieurB

I don't see any chance of Sanders' being democratic candidate for presidential election.

Especially when the mainstream media won't call Hillary out on stuff like this:

A big thumbs up to Rachel for bringing up these points and for asking Hillary this question.

Ana Kasparian on Hillary's supporters: "She can give the worst possible answers, and they are behind her 100%".

Well I also agree with Bernie when he recently said a President Hillary at her worst is still WAY better than anyone on the republican side being President.

Also again I think Bernie being in the race is great for another thing. I think its forcing Hillary more to the left on many issues, and she will probably have hell to pay if she doesn't stick to a lot of these things she is now backing.

A big thumbs up to Rachel for bringing up these points and for asking Hillary this question.

Ana Kasparian on Hillary's supporters: "She can give the worst possible answers, and they are behind her 100%".

I noticed that answer in the debate regarding Wall Street and thinking what a bad answer.

I'm with Sanders all the way.

I don't know if you are aware ULIZOS but right now in America the religious right is up in arms because Starbucks Holiday cups are just a pretty shade of red this year with just their logo.

They are OUTRAGED because there is no Christmas decoration on the cup. :lmao: :lmao:

These people are SOOOOOOO FUCKING pathetic with what they get outraged about, so Trump is trying to gain votes from this so in a latest speech he said to a group of simple minded morons, "When I am President we are going to say Merry Christmas again!"

:lmao: Fucking hell I swear about half of this country was born with an extra chromosome.

I don't know if you are aware ULIZOS but right now in America the religious right is up in arms because Starbucks Holiday cups are just a pretty shade of red this year with just their logo.

They are OUTRAGED because there is no Christmas decoration on the cup. :lmao: :lmao:

These people are SOOOOOOO FUCKING pathetic with what they get outraged about, so Trump is trying to gain votes from this so in a latest speech he said to a group of simple minded morons, "When I am President we are going to say Merry Christmas again!"

:lmao: Fucking hell I swear about half of this country was born with an extra chromosome.

Ugh, thank the lord I'm all zen and centered now, so I'll just laugh :lmao:

A bunch of simple minded folk with first world problems. It's this new era of self-victimizing losers who seriously cannot see how easy they have it. They should be grateful, but no, everyone's a victim.

Meanwhile, this is happening in the world:

Syria

bomb-dropped-on-darayya-syria-by-the-syr

Mexico

Mexican-border-city-of-Nuevo-Laredo.jpg

Hillary or Bernie. Another reason why if our favorite doesn't get the nomination its still important to get out and VOTE! And vote D down the line.

Damn bitches. :lol:

While the recent Supreme Court decision to legalize same-sex marriage was a landmark victory for LGBT Americans, the battle is still far from over. The next step is to pass the Equality Act, a key piece of legislation which would enshrine “bans on discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and sex in employment, housing, public accommodations, public education, federal funding, credit, and the jury system” into the law of the land. After spending the past few weeks reviewing the Equality Act, the Obama Administration agrees, and has come out in full support of the bill.

“Upon that review it is now clear that the administration strongly supports the Equality Act. That bill is historic legislation that would advance the cause of equality for millions of Americans” said White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest on Tuesday. “We look forward to working with Congress to ensure that the legislative process produces a result that balances both the bedrock principles of civil rights, like those I’ve just described, with the religious liberty that we hold dear in this country.” Unfortunately, both houses of Congress are still controlled by Republicans, who spend the majority of their time trying to pass laws discriminating against LGBT Americans and depriving them of their constitutional rights. However, Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have already endorsed the bill – and it’s not too late for us to possibly see a little executive order action from the White House in Obama’s remaining months. LGBT Americans have suffered for too long at the hands of their bigoted countrymen.

So pretty much all the republican front runners have come out against raising the minimum wage. How lovely.

You know if it wasn't for the democrats in 2006 was it? When they took back congress and raised the minimum wage, if republicans had never lost control from that point on I have no doubt the minimum wage would still be at $5.15 and hr instead of the $7.25 that it is now, which is still nothing.

I noticed that answer in the debate regarding Wall Street and thinking what a bad answer.

I'm with Sanders all the way.

Yeah, but she told them to "stop" and "cut it out". It's a bad answer because she doesn't have a good answer. She is Wall Street's friend. That's a tough one to dodge. At the same time, it's not just Hillary either. The majority of the candidates are tied to Wall Street, and I think that needs to be pointed out as well.

So pretty much all the republican front runners have come out against raising the minimum wage. How lovely.

You know if it wasn't for the democrats in 2006 was it? When they took back congress and raised the minimum wage, if republicans had never lost control from that point on I have no doubt the minimum wage would still be at $5.15 and hr instead of the $7.25 that it is now, which is still nothing.

Not surprising at all. Wages to them are like taxes on corporations. Santorum was on MSNBC tonight stating that he would raise it 50 cents a year for the next three years. :rolleyes: This is yet another example of how the rich and the corporations want to pay so little so that they can yield even greater profits.

As for the Republican party, what a f*cking joke! I've never seen so many crazy people in my life. It's scary, even more so knowing that people actually vote for these idiots.

Do they not get that an employee's wage is also their spending money? Fucking hell. It's a key economic driver!

\

Indeed. It's first semester knowledge in economics. On the other hand, we are living in times when basic economic knowledge hardly counts anymore. Otherwise there wouldn't be companies with a share value of billions and billions of dollars that never ever produced one cent of profit. Twitter, anyone? Or shared economy companies evaluated at billions and billions of dollars, an amount so high that it even exceeds the revenues !!! of an entire idustry. Über, anyone? Or a value higher than several hotel chains? Airbnb, anyone? It's all a big scam nowadays. It's all about IPOs. And it's all about money laundering. Who do you think are those investors pumping money into those projetcs? Or who are those people buying all the real estate at outragous prices? Chinese, Russians, Saudis and of course Wall Street bigwigs (well, they may not laundry money but they made all those extreme boni with other peoples money using this sick, unregulated system to their advance). Have a look around in Manhattan with all those luxury condo supertalls popping up left and right. The units may be sold but they usually sit empty or are used as a pied a terre for 4 weeks a year. The next bubble is just around the corner. Many ecomomists have already predicted it. Old school economists. They say all those apps and social media just have no sustainable concept in the longterm especially when they cannot generate significant profits. But as always, hardly anyone is listening. Those who have doubts are just people who are raining on everyones parade.

Clinton used the same answer for Wall Street at the last Democratic debate and it is indeed a poor answer. I freely admit - as a Hillary supporter - that it is a weak defense on her part. However, her pointing out that people need to get out and vote to help make better change for Wall Street isn't just deflection, it's true. Even if she was for reinstating Glass-Steagall, it wouldn't pass Congress now, nor is it likely to after the 2016 election. She knows this. Unless Democrats had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate and retook the House, another financial reform bill isn't going anywhere.

Of course, most anti-Hillary people would say, "She could still be a leader and push for it, even if it has no chance of passage." Of course, then she risks alienating the donor class who are likely to give large sums of money to her campaign. I realize people then argue that she's following the money and not leading on the issue, and I think that is a fair point. I think that's exactly what she is doing. I'm not supportive of that approach, however I do understand it from a political sense. She's no idiot. Here are her options:

1. Tread lightly on Wall Street reform. Don't offend big money too much and work with them to some degree. Results? Large donations continue to flow into her campaign. Dodd-Frank stays in place (which gives some protections to consumers) if she wins the election but not much else changes for banks.

2. Go hard on Wall Street. Attack and promise reform. Results? Big money goes exclusively to the Republican nominee's campaign giving them additional resources to win the general. And if even they still lost to her, she wouldn't have the numbers in Congress to pass any meaningful legislation to reform Wall Street. The campaign produces more enemies in big business who won't support her re-election bid either in 2020.

Of course, Bernie is not hedging bets. He is basically going after banks full-force in his stump speeches. This ensures he will not receive big money donations in the general (aside from maybe a few of the 1% who lean liberal) and will be at a disadvantage in the election. If elected, he wouldn't have enough support in Congress to do anything and his stump speech becomes tantamount to an empty promise.

Also, I don't know if anyone is actually paying attention to state polling for the Democratic nomination, but Bernie isn't doing much in later primary states (South Carolina, Florida, etc.) This makes me question whether or not he is actually serious about winning. I think he's running to get his platform some attention (and maybe pull Clinton leftward), not to truly win the nomination. Obama had a ground game in many of the caucus states by this point, Bernie looks like he's running a token opposition campaign which suggests he's expecting Hillary to win. He practically endorsed her with his comment about her being better on her worst day than anyone in the GOP.

Indeed. It's first semester knowledge in economics. On the other hand, we are living in times when basic economic knowledge hardly counts anymore. Otherwise there wouldn't be companies with a share value of billions and billions of dollars that never ever produced one cent of profit. Twitter, anyone? Or shared economy companies evaluated at billions and billions of dollars, an amount so high that it even exceeds the revenues !!! of an entire idustry. Über, anyone? Or a value higher than several hotel chains? Airbnb, anyone? It's all a big scam nowadays. It's all about IPOs. And it's all about money laundering. Who do you think are those investors pumping money into those projetcs? Or who are those people buying all the real estate at outragous prices? Chinese, Russians, Saudis and of course Wall Street bigwigs (well, they may not laundry money but they made all those extreme boni with other peoples money using this sick, unregulated system to their advance). Have a look around in Manhattan with all those luxury condo supertalls popping up left and right. The units may be sold but they usually sit empty or are used as a pied a terre for 4 weeks a year. The next bubble is just around the corner. Many ecomomists have already predicted it. Old school economists. They say all those apps and social media just have no sustainable concept in the longterm especially when they cannot generate significant profits. But as always, hardly anyone is listening. Those who have doubts are just people who are raining on everyones parade.

I completely agree. The worst economic times are not behind us. In some ways, I wish the GOP would win in 2016 because I believe another bust is around the corner and it's likely to fall on Hillary if she wins. If it does, it will likely ensure her to be a 1 term President.

Rapper Ja Rule nailed it perfectly:

What does it say about our country that Donald Trump is running for president?

I like Donald for some reasons and then I don't like him in the race for some reasons. I like him in the race for reasons being that he's keeping everybody honest. He's not using the powers that be to fund his campaign and he's from that side. He's kind of the ying and yang, the x-factor, the elephant in the room because he knows both sides. That I like.

What I don't like is the fact that I really don't think he wants to win. I don't think he's trying to win. I think he's doing this, hedging his bet that this is gonna be better for his business. Which it will be. And for that, I say I don't think it's a good thing for our country, because other countries are wise and it kind of makes it look like a joke, our presidential candidates look like a joke. And [America is] supposedly the biggest, most powerful country in the world, so [it’s like] we can't look like a joke to China. :clap:

Kasich Proposes New Government Agency To Promote Judeo-Christian Values

As part of a broad national security plan to defeat ISIS, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich proposed creating a new government agency to push Judeo-Christian values around the world.

The new agency, which he hasn't yet named, would promote a Jewish- and Christian-based belief system to four regions of the world: China, Iran, Russia and the Middle East.

"We need to beam messages around the world" about the freedoms Americans enjoy, Kasich said in an interview with NBC News Tuesday. "It means freedom, it means opportunity, it means respect for women, it means freedom to gather, it means so many things."

He defended creating a new government agency at a time when fellow Republican presidential candidates discuss eliminating government agencies to making the government smaller.

"There's nobody who's spent more time shrinking government and cutting budgets than I have," Kasich, the former head of the House Budget Committee said, adding that not all government programs are equal.

The United States already has a government-funded broadcast system in Voice of America, which broadcasts American news and programming abroad. The radio, television and digital audience reaches up to 188 million people per week.

The focus on foreign policy has sharpened on the campaign trail since the deadly terror attacks in Paris killed at least 129 people.

Another issue that has sparked controversy is what to do about Syrian refugees fleeing the civil war there. The United States has said it will accept 10,000 refugees but more than half of the country's governors, mostly Republicans, have expressed concern about refugees coming into their states.

Kasich, who said just two months earlier that the U.S. should accept refugees from Syria, sent a letter to President Barack Obama Monday urging the federal government to not send any more Syrian refugees.

Tuesday he acknowledged that as governor he does not have the ability to prevent refugees from moving to his state.

"We don't have the authority ... we can only express our concerns," Kasich said at a speech focusing on foreign policy at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.

"I'm criticized for having a big heart but I also have a big brain," he said.

He urged the federal government to "pause," and put in place stringent background checks before allowing Syrians to enter the U.S.

He said refugees should be relocated to "safe zones" located on the borders of Turkey and Jordan and are protected by no fly zones.

One of the Paris attackers was a Belgium citizen but Kasich refused to say if Belgium's - or all Muslims - should also be excluded from coming to the United States.

"Look, I think we're talking about the refugee issue as it relates to Syrians," he told NBC News.

As for his policy to defeat ISIS, he proposed leading a coalition that includes soldiers fighting on the ground in both Syria and Iraq. He would not indicate a number and said the coalition should not be involved in Syria's civil war.

"Civil wars do not work out well for the U.S.," he said. "Nation building. Count me out."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/kasich-proposes-new-government-agency-promote-judeo-christian-values-n465101

:manson:

Kasich Proposes New Government Agency To Promote Judeo-Christian Values

As part of a broad national security plan to defeat ISIS, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich proposed creating a new government agency to push Judeo-Christian values around the world.

The new agency, which he hasn't yet named, would promote a Jewish- and Christian-based belief system to four regions of the world: China, Iran, Russia and the Middle East.

"We need to beam messages around the world" about the freedoms Americans enjoy, Kasich said in an interview with NBC News Tuesday. "It means freedom, it means opportunity, it means respect for women, it means freedom to gather, it means so many things."

He defended creating a new government agency at a time when fellow Republican presidential candidates discuss eliminating government agencies to making the government smaller.

"There's nobody who's spent more time shrinking government and cutting budgets than I have," Kasich, the former head of the House Budget Committee said, adding that not all government programs are equal.

The United States already has a government-funded broadcast system in Voice of America, which broadcasts American news and programming abroad. The radio, television and digital audience reaches up to 188 million people per week.

The focus on foreign policy has sharpened on the campaign trail since the deadly terror attacks in Paris killed at least 129 people.

Another issue that has sparked controversy is what to do about Syrian refugees fleeing the civil war there. The United States has said it will accept 10,000 refugees but more than half of the country's governors, mostly Republicans, have expressed concern about refugees coming into their states.

Kasich, who said just two months earlier that the U.S. should accept refugees from Syria, sent a letter to President Barack Obama Monday urging the federal government to not send any more Syrian refugees.

Tuesday he acknowledged that as governor he does not have the ability to prevent refugees from moving to his state.

"We don't have the authority ... we can only express our concerns," Kasich said at a speech focusing on foreign policy at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.

"I'm criticized for having a big heart but I also have a big brain," he said.

He urged the federal government to "pause," and put in place stringent background checks before allowing Syrians to enter the U.S.

He said refugees should be relocated to "safe zones" located on the borders of Turkey and Jordan and are protected by no fly zones.

One of the Paris attackers was a Belgium citizen but Kasich refused to say if Belgium's - or all Muslims - should also be excluded from coming to the United States.

"Look, I think we're talking about the refugee issue as it relates to Syrians," he told NBC News.

As for his policy to defeat ISIS, he proposed leading a coalition that includes soldiers fighting on the ground in both Syria and Iraq. He would not indicate a number and said the coalition should not be involved in Syria's civil war.

"Civil wars do not work out well for the U.S.," he said. "Nation building. Count me out."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/kasich-proposes-new-government-agency-promote-judeo-christian-values-n465101

:manson:

wow :manson:

I wonder what are these Judeo-Christian values they often talk about in abstract?

Because the "don't kill" understanding is given freely by God/nature to all souls that get here which then they are free to welcome or reject. It's like when the Vatican says "Europe has to go back to its Christian roots". Are you kidding me? They never heard of the Greeks and the Romans perhaps, slightly before Christ's time

All propaganda, so sad

This