2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

Don't understand the Republican candidates at all. They are all trying to appear conservative as possible to win over a certain voting block in US which is undeniably strong, but they alienate many other voters throughout the country. The might have a better chance to win if they get a minority candidate who is more centrist on economic and social policies.

Even though it will never happen, a nightmare scenario would be if Rick Santorum or Ben Carson would win. :scared: They would advocate for overly aggressive foreign policies as well as disenfranchising all the progress LGBT have made under Obama.

Jon Huntsman was the only Republican that they could have put forward who the majority of Americans would have gotten behind, but they flushed him from the party and ended his electoral career because he wasn't batshit insane enough for them :lmao:

^Please don't give any republicans any ideas for token minorities! LOL

Even if they did that, trust me the country would still laugh at them.

Republicans still have no idea how much 2001-2008 truly damaged them. Add Sarah Palin '08, Fox News, the notorious Mitt Romney tape from 2012, and the despicable behavior during Obama's tenure... they have so much quicksand to dig out of.

Bernie Sanders was on ABC's This Week today.

I love this clip. Host: "I can hear the republican attack ad right now: He wants America to look more like Scandanavia". Bernie's response: "That's right. That's right. And what's wrong with that?"

This is yet another reason why I support this guy.

As much as I love Bernie, I think the Clintons actually talked him into running just so she'd have some opposition in the primary. I realize he is way to the left of her (even further left than Warren), but it will give Hillary a chance to highlight her "new-found" populist streak as well as keep the conversation on income inequality (which the GOP cannot really run on at all). Bernie would be coming out attacking Hillary hardcore if he was intending to win. He's pretty softball on calling her one of the 1%. He knows she'll win, and he has no intention of leading a scorched-earth campaign.

Bernie doesn't run negative campaigns. He never has, and you won't see him doing it now. And I highly doubt that the Clintons talked him into running. He is running because he believes that he can make a difference.

Let's be honest with ourselves for a second: This is Hillary Clinton's election to lose.

“On Nov. 8, 2016, Clinton will start — start — with a minimum 247 of the 270 electoral votes she needs to win. If you give her Colorado and Virginia — which many political strategists would, given the Hispanic population in one and the rising influence of the northern-centered population in the other — she’ll start with 269. That means Clinton doesn’t need Ohio or Florida. She just needs one small state like Iowa, Nevada or New Hampshire to put her over the edge. And because she’s got a boatload of money and no viable primary challenger, she’ll have plenty of time and resources to lock up at least one of those states.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/05/the-medias-real-role-in-206766.html#.VUu3yC0YpUc.twitter

Hillary Clinton told a group of her top fundraisers “that if she is elected president, her nominees to the Supreme Court will have to share her belief that the court’s 2010 Citizens United decision must be overturned,” the Washington Post reports.

“Clinton’s emphatic opposition to the ruling, which allowed corporations and unions to spend unlimited sums on independent political activity, garnered the strongest applause of the afternoon from the more than 200 party financiers gathered in Brooklyn for a closed-door briefing from the Democratic candidate and her senior aides, according to some of those present.”

Jeb Bush reiterated that he doesn’t believe that same-sex marriage is a constitutional right, the Washington Post reports.

Said Bush: “It’s at the core of the Catholic faith, and to imagine how we are going to succeed in our country unless we have committed family life, a committed child-centered family system, is hard to imagine. So, irrespective of the Supreme Court ruling — because they are going to decide whatever they decide, I don’t know what they are going to do — we need to be stalwart supporters of traditional marriage.”

• 3 weeks later...

Did you watch her speech on Thursday in Houston regarding voting rights? Bitch WENT IN! It is a must-see. I hope she keeps this tone throughout the campaign.

It was republicans who kept saying Obamacare would let the government pull the plug on grandma anytime it wanted. Obama just used it during a speech to make fun of it and highlight how stupid it was.

thanks jasonakos for clearing this up. My mother is 67 with the first start of dementia. Its worrying me to death. So is why i want them to continue to help her. I don't think there being agressive enough in her condition. And with my mental health. Its like i have to take breathers away from her if just closing the door to my bedroom with my dog. As long as they continue to help her. I just wish bill clinton could run again.

LMAO. U for semi real?

Donald Trump has announced his Republican candidacy :D:lmao:

I think annaandmadonnaforever should vote for Donald Trump. She seems like his ideal voter!