2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

It comes mostly down to what your personal politics are and what type of country you want to live in. I use to be pretty far left in college and through most of my life, and I'm still on some issues, but honestly I'm much more centrist now even though I get criticized for it. Leftists call me complicit in war crimes and unsympathetic to some minorities, and right wingers call me a sodomite and anti-reiigious. :laugh:

I'm still very happy my parents moved here from Europe even with all the corruption in politics and corporate America, and the insane inequality throughout society. My extended family members were killed and traumatized in world war two, so at least never had to experience that hell.

Oh, I tell people all the time. If there's one thing I've learned from Madonna is to never hold back. Obviously, there's a time and place for everything, but some guy at a party (I've since learned never to talk about politics at parties) started CRYING and he threw us out of his house when I said something he didn't agree with :lmao:

Hillary Clinton as Senator voted YES in the so-called Iraq Resolution!!!!! :lol: Do you guys REALLY think she's going to be any more uncompromising than Obama??? Her record as Secretary of State in the middle east was WAY WORSE than Bush's and ya'll think she's a breath of fresh air. Don't even get me started on her domestic record as senator.

It's all the same old shitty corrupt shit and I'm sorry if people call me pessimistic or debbie downer or whatever but I'm not going to blindly throw on my tiara and boa and march down the street in celebration, especially given the fact that I'm actually willing to vote for the granny. Imagine the millions of Americans who hate her with a passion.

I realize that vote for the Iraq war will never be forgiven or forgotten by some, but she also did a lot of good things in the Senate:

• Vote against confirming Justices Roberts & Alito
  • Opposed the Bush tax cuts proposed in 2001 and 2003 (which passed anyway with GOP support and eliminated the budget surplus attributed to her husband's Presidency)
  • Voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment (which would've banned gay marriage nationwide)

I think the excitement people have for her is that she is much more a "warrior type" than Obama who often sought compromise with nutty Republicans (hello Sequester 2013). Her stans expect her to fight dirty just like Republicans do (and the Clintons ARE known for using fear and aggressive tactics to win - much like Republicans do when they win the Presidency). Obama (to his credit) is probably more "rise above" and fights with intellect and reason. I don't blame him for taking that route. He certainly looks more rational by comparison.

This is why she and her husband are often called "dramatic" and probably the reason so many scandals surround them. They are not "clean" political fighters who win by virtue of their merits. They win with political poisoning. Some people like that type of political warfare in a candidate.

Personally, I do agree that Hillary is a heavily scarred candidate who has likely been corrupted by the D.C. swamp she has been part of for decades. However, there are also benefits that angle: She knows where to apply pressure to produce results, she has worked and survived the snake pit and is virtually indestructible at this point. She may be more effective than Obama because she understands her enemies better. I'd wager that she is likely to win in 2016, but for all her strengths, she could end up a 1 term President if the public tires of the Clinton scandals and drama - and if she doesn't get enough done quickly.

We all want Elizabeth Warren - a genuine progressive - but honestly, I don't think Hillary is a bad candidate at all. She is very experienced and intelligent. I really doubt you could find any other Democrat who would do better than her that actually wants to run. It's imperative that she win and that she have massive coattails to get the Senate and House back in the (D) column. The Supreme Court is getting too conservative for my liking and they are affecting generation upon generation with some of their harder-right rulings.

Bottom line is all politicians are corrupt. Wether we like to admit it or not. You can't have a clean fight. You have to get down and dirty it's like barebacking an ass full of shit.

Bottom line is all politicians are corrupt. Wether we like to admit it or not. You can't have a clean fight. You have to get down and dirty it's like barebacking an ass full of shit.

That's the thing, NOT ALL politicians are corrupt. We just feel perfectly fine voting for one of the corrupt ones because politics have apparently become all about YASSS MAMA WORK QUEEN HILLARY YASSSSSS HOPE HOPE HOPE BUZZWORD YASSSSSS. Then reality comes and slaps us in the face 3 years later.

That's the thing, NOT ALL politicians are corrupt. We just feel perfectly fine voting for one of the corrupt ones because politics have apparently become all about YASSS MAMA WORK QUEEN HILLARY YASSSSSS HOPE HOPE HOPE BUZZWORD YASSSSSS. Then reality comes and slaps us in the face 3 years later.

You forgot SLAY.

I realize that vote for the Iraq war will never be forgiven or forgotten by some, but she also did a lot of good things in the Senate:

• Vote against confirming Justices Roberts & Alito
  • Opposed the Bush tax cuts proposed in 2001 and 2003 (which passed anyway with GOP support and eliminated the budget surplus attributed to her husband's Presidency)
  • Voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment (which would've banned gay marriage nationwide)
I think the excitement people have for her is that she is much more a "warrior type" than Obama who often sought compromise with nutty Republicans (hello Sequester 2013). Her stans expect her to fight dirty just like Republicans do (and the Clintons ARE known for using fear and aggressive tactics to win - much like Republicans do when they win the Presidency). Obama (to his credit) is probably more "rise above" and fights with intellect and reason. I don't blame him for taking that route. He certainly looks more rational by comparison.

This is why she and her husband are often called "dramatic" and probably the reason so many scandals surround them. They are not "clean" political fighters who win by virtue of their merits. They win with political poisoning. Some people like that type of political warfare in a candidate.

Personally, I do agree that Hillary is a heavily scarred candidate who has likely been corrupted by the D.C. swamp she has been part of for decades. However, there are also benefits that angle: She knows where to apply pressure to produce results, she has worked and survived the snake pit and is virtually indestructible at this point. She may be more effective than Obama because she understands her enemies better. I'd wager that she is likely to win in 2016, but for all her strengths, she could end up a 1 term President if the public tires of the Clinton scandals and drama - and if she doesn't get enough done quickly.

We all want Elizabeth Warren - a genuine progressive - but honestly, I don't think Hillary is a bad candidate at all. She is very experienced and intelligent. I really doubt you could find any other Democrat who would do better than her that actually wants to run. It's imperative that she win and that she have massive coattails to get the Senate and House back in the (D) column. The Supreme Court is getting too conservative for my liking and they are affecting generation upon generation with some of their harder-right rulings.

:clap:

Know people are now saying wish Elizabeth Warren would run, but personally don't know so much about her. I'm a little turned off by her just by all the hipsters by me in Brooklyn who cum at the mention of her name. Some of my over educated acquaintances also look down a bit on Hilary because Elizabeth is seen as the better progressive.

Know people are now saying wish Elizabeth Warren would run, but personally don't know so much about her. I'm a little turned off by her just by all the hipsters by me in Brooklyn who cum at the mention of her name. Some of my over educated acquaintances also look down a bit on Hilary because Elizabeth is seen as the better progressive.

Well, if those hipsters only knew that Warren was a self-avowed Republican until 1996. At least Hillary was championing universal healthcare as First Lady as early as 1993. Technically, Clinton has been a progressive longer than Warren has. The GOP has just done such a good job of vilifying her that half the public assumes she's no good.

Hillary (as a NY Senator) did vote to authorize the Iraq war AND she voted for the Patriot Act the first time it was brought to the Senate floor, I believe. She's definitely a hawk on defense and military issues. I think that is what bothers most liberals. Of course, those same liberals LOVED Obama and even he has been a bit of a hawk on foreign policy. I just don't think the far left is ever going to get their ideal non-war candidate. Ever. Once you are in that office, I think you have to look strong (whether or not we agree with it).

As a foreigner, I hope Hillary will win because :

-She's smart and competent,

-She's left-wing and progressist (look at the gays in her video),

-She's a strong woman,

-She is beloved and respected by many americans, and also in the rest of the world.

I don't expect a lot from politicians (she won't change the world), but at least she won't be an incompetent/racist/homophobic president, or someone like Bush who was a bigot, an arrogant warlike and a murderous liar (weapons of mass destruction? :madgemanson: ).

Well, if those hipsters only knew that Warren was a self-avowed Republican until 1996. At least Hillary was championing universal healthcare as First Lady as early as 1993. Technically, Clinton has been a progressive longer than Warren has. The GOP has just done such a good job of vilifying her that half the public assumes she's no good.

Hillary (as a NY Senator) did vote to authorize the Iraq war AND she voted for the Patriot Act the first time it was brought to the Senate floor, I believe. She's definitely a hawk on defense and military issues. I think that is what bothers most liberals. Of course, those same liberals LOVED Obama and even he has been a bit of a hawk on foreign policy. I just don't think the far left is ever going to get their ideal non-war candidate. Ever. Once you are in that office, I think you have to look strong (whether or not we agree with it).

Um, no, Obama made me lose any faith I had left in U.S. politics. The vast majority of us aren't even "far left." Come to Mexico or basically any Latin American country and spend a day in a public, socialized university and you will see what the crazy Marxist left is capable of. They're incredibly violent people who burn down government and private buildings whenever they disagree with something. Americans throw that term around for people who are faaaaaaaaaaaar from being the extreme left. This is what the far left did just a few weeks ago:

1413302989811_wps_1_View_of_the_Municipa

20141109001058270274-original.jpg?itok=w

1415623249583.jpg

1379185294000-AFP-522873686.jpg

These aren't looters, they are educated people with an incredibly violent and radical agenda. So no, we're not the far or extreme left or whatever incorrect buzzwords the media throws around to brainwash and manipulate people. The far left has NOTHING to do with gay rights or anti-war / colonization sentiments. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-left_politics

Anyway, I'm actually voting for Hillary and I know politics these days are all about "the lesser of two evils" in the U.S. that's why I'm obviously going to vote for her over some republican bible thumping imbecile. The ONLY thing I'm trying to say is that I find all this blind love and "Hilary is going to fix everything" mentality to be nauseating and the reason why the country has slowly deteriorated since the 1980s.

If she wins, it's going to be a continuation of Obama's policies and her husband's policies with a few tweaks here and there. Which basically means that if you're unhappy now, don't expect any real changes, at least not in our generation (unless some catastrophic event happens that drastically changes things). My Facebook is blowing up with all these random, misinformed posts about Queen Hillary coming to save America and lord knows what else, and I see it here, too.

And even though I sound pessimistic and cynical, I DO believe the U.S. will one day see a candidate who doesn't ravage the third world all just to protect its self-interests. I refuse to believe that the status quo is the only option that we have and I really don't care if you all bash me for having a not so popular opinion.

^ I was talking about the liberals who swept Obama to win in the 2008 Democratic primary (the far left in the U.S. not in a third world country). They were largely anti-war hipsters and college students. I am not talking about Mexican revolutionaries who have ZERO part of our election process. And yes, I know the extremes on both sides can potentially be violent.

Obama didn't change my opinion of U.S. politics. I think only overly optimistic people thought he'd change anything. I never had any expectations like that for him and I knew his whole campaign was based on a nice marketing idea. I know how the GOP operates and no one person was going to change that.

College hipster know it alls aren't the far left. I was using Mexico as an example to make a point about you using an incorrect term to attack people you don't agree with. Of course I know Mexico's politics have nothing to do with your election process, I'm not an idiot.

College hipster know it alls aren't the far left. I was using Mexico as an example to make a point about you using an incorrect term to attack people you don't agree with. Of course I know Mexico's politics have nothing to do with your election process, I'm not an idiot.

Well, not all the "far left" set cars on fire either. I think we both know what groups we are talking about, and I wasn't attacking anyone by calling them "far left" or "liberal". Hell, I am among them and I don't advocate violence.

Well, not all the "far left" set cars on fire either. I think we both know what groups we are talking about, and I wasn't attacking anyone by calling them "far left" or "liberal". Hell, I am among them and I don't advocate violence.

"The far left typically believes that inegalitarian systems must be overthrown through revolution in order to establish egalitarian societies, while the centre left works within the system to achieve egalitarianism."

Conservatives have been using "far-left" and "extreme left" to incite fear in people and alienate anyone who dares question the status quo. "You don't agree with us, then you must be AN EXTREMIST FAR-LEFT LIBERAL MARXIST!"

Pedantic.

Adhere to whatever definition you want. I don't use strict definitions when I use terms like "far left" but thanks for showing your stripes as the word police. Next.

I'll adhere to the CORRECT definition, especially when you incorrectly throw around douche bag buzzwords to try to bring me down and anyone who doesn't agree with you. Unlike you, I'm not going to go around and try to belittle people who don't agree with me by using judgmental language and calling them hipsters, liberals, extremists and, what else did you use? Bitter? We're all entitled to our own opinion.

"You prefer someone else? Well, you must be a HIPSTER, and a LIBERAL. NEXT. SASHAY AWAY." :rolleyes: