2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

Hilary is corrupt and a liar too, but in my opinion nowhere as offensive and mean-spirited as the very powerful republican base. Pisses me off that many conservatives use religion as a smoke screen for their prejudices and biases.

I do think that there will always be a very vocal far right in US, but some younger conservatives are definitely opening up to discussions about same-sex marriage and climate change, and not being so orthodox in their religious beliefs.

I still would not mind punching Rick Santorum or Mike Huckabee in their ugly faces.

I hope the path is finally clear for her and she gets in but I have my doubts. She'll need to go on a major charm offensive.

That, and do what she did when it was too late in '08 *when she seriously started coming back and winning state after state (connect her working class voters and loosen her damn pant suit up)! Has to be a total major personality and image overhaul/makeover. No more pant suits every day, softer, less butch haircut and just be herself!

Word is behind the scenes shes actually very charming, funny, witty and charismatic but also a pitbull (which..duh! u need to be if running for president male or female)! Prob. in the past she got too much into Madonna movie mode. Like deer in the headlights. lol. In '08, she tried way TOO hard and comes across super stiff and way too concerned about the way every word comes out, her demeanor etc...It's like she fears if she showed the charming side it would look weak and vulnerable but if she looks too tough then it will make look like a bitch and turn some women and esp men off. It's like she gets tangled up. That ALL needs to change this time and do what she did at the tail end of the primaries in 08 (when she knew it was over so she just was *herself)!

Sarah Palin 'seriously interested' in 2016 bid

Shes definitely interested in people thinking shes interested.

By James Hohmann | 1/24/15 8:23 AM EDT | Updated 1/24/15 8:47 PM EDT

DES MOINES, Iowa Is Sarah Palin interested in running for president in 2016? It depends on what the definition of interested is.

sarahpalinvegas2_956x519.jpg

But this much was clear from her appearance here on the eve of the biggest GOP cattle call of the presidential season so far: Shes definitely interested in people thinking shes interested.

Without putting any words in my mouth, you can absolutely say that Im seriously interested, said Palin, the 2008 vice presidential nominee, in the lobby of the Marriott late Friday night. But in the same conversation, she appeared to downplay her interest, suggesting she is merely keeping her option open.

Its not a major story because 2016 really is still far off, she said of the Palin-for-president talk. I think its a major story because maybe you guys are bored, referring to the mainstream media. (Surrounded by national reporters, she resisted referring to them as the lamestream media.)

Then, bringing the exchange full meta, she later added, Its a significant step, of course, for anyone to publicly announce that theyre interested. Who wouldnt be interested? Who wouldnt be interested when they have been blessed with an opportunity to speak about [issues important the country.] Who would just ignore an opportunity?

The 2008 VP nominees comments came as she and a lineup of other big-name Republicans are set to address the Iowa Freedom Summit hosted by Republican Rep. Steve King and Citizens United.

Palin publicly mused about running in 2012 before taking a pass. In an interview Thursday with ABC, Palin had said of course she might run in 2016.

Asked to clarify Friday night, she said: I dont know what all the politically correct terminology is when you talk about being interested in having an opportunity to serve your country. So I dont know if thats the right terminology or not.

Pressed, she added: As I said yesterday, Im really interested in the opportunity.

Palin had a long conversation in public view with King. He could be heard making a joke about moose stew. Citizens United President David Bossie showed up to pay his respects. Newt Gingrich and his wife Callista approached to welcome Palin to Iowa and to thank her for coming. And Rick Santorum who won the 2012 Iowa caucuses appeared to give Palin a copy of his new book, which tells the story of raising a special-needs child something that the two have in common.

As an aide tried to usher Palin away, a supporter approached and told her that he plays football.

Id rather talk football with him, Palin joked to the reporters trying to ask about 2016.

On Saturday, Palin gave a rambling address to conservative activists that was greeted by bemused puzzlement. She spent part of the speech, for instance, addressing outrage from earlier this month when she posted a photo online of her young son stepping on the family dog. Palin compared the incident to President Barack Obamas admission that he ate dog meat growing up in Indonesia.

Better a stepping stone than a snack. Better stepped on than scarfed up, Palin quipped.

On Twitter, blogger Ana Marie Cox described the address as performance art and political journalist Jon Ralston called it Jabberwocky, a reference to Lewis Carrolls famous nonsense poem.?

Few GOP insiders think Palin will go through with the hard work of actually staging a credible bid, from raising money to building organization. But expressing interest, especially in the Hawkeye State, will generate buzz and could overshadow other more conventional candidates. Among those also speaking Saturday are New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

And if Palin did get into the race, it could roil the likely field.

Palins daughter, Bristol, is accompanying her to Iowa.

In Las Vegas the day before, while serving chili to the homeless, Palin said she would like someone to break the glass ceiling.

America has had enough of seeing that sign on the Oval Office door saying, No Girls Allowed, she told ABC. I know that.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/sarah-palin-seriously-interested-in-2016-bid-114548.html#ixzz3WyUDOkM3

Who is taking Republican party seriously with f**ktards like Sarah Palin and Donald Trump saying they might run. :laugh::laugh:

Republicans will have trouble winning any future presidential elections, especially if they continue to pander to their their "white" evangelical base and big corporations that fund them.

They still don't realize that eras of Reagan and George Bush are FINALLY over, and they can't get away with blatant anti-gay rhetoric or coded racist language.

Guest ziggy

Madonna mentioned in a Clinton article on CNN:

(CNN)Unless you've been living under a rock for the past thirty years—or on another planet—you know who she is. And you probably have an opinion.

"I mean, not too many people with the one name, Hillary," Virginia's Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe told CNN. "I guess a few others. Madonna, a few others ... But everybody knows Hillary."

Omgggggg. Crying right now???

I hope she performs on the Billboard Awards next month OMG :dramatic:

I can confirm that Hillary will perform on the Billboard Awards.

Go queen!

Lol I'm not crying I jus love saying that :lmao:

BITCH you better start campaigning because I am not here for Florida still being 500 votes apart at 11:45PM on election night once again like in 2012 and 2000.

That video is quite clever. She has learned some lessons from 2008 - making the campaign about the middle class and not herself. Smart move. I hope she kicks ass. I also hope she leans more left than 2008 - she needs the Democratic base fired up.

I got teary with excitement when she officially announced. The RNC are have already released a #StopHillary video. They are scared and intimidated.

this also made me lol

http://www.theonion.com/articles/hillary-clinton-to-nation-do-not-fuck-this-up-for,38416/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

It's official!!!! And she had a gay couple holding hands talkin about their upcoming wedding and some lesbians in her video :)

The republicans #StopHillary video is freakin hilarious. It's laughable. It's not about the ISSUES at all. They WILL NOT win simply by attacking Hillary...... You have to campaign on the issues. Not the candidate. And besides. The woman they have playing Hillary walking out on the stage..... Has an hour glass figure almost. NOT Hillary lmao

I can confirm that Hillary will perform on the Billboard Awards.

Go queen!

She'll be performing her new song Bitch, I'm Hillary! :laugh:

BITCH you better start campaigning because I am not here for Florida still being 500 votes apart at 11:45PM on election night once again like in 2012 and 2000.

Trust me I'm not either.

South Florida is so huge now that I sincerely doubt any republican has a chance down there next year. Even Jeb Bush.

"What difference at this point does it make?!"

Our thoughts exactly tbh :lmao:

They really believe struggling Americans are going to give a shit if they scream "private email account" every two seconds for the next 18 months, only a bunch of rich white heterosexual men sitting around in a room think this is a sane strategy.