2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

But none of the top candidates in this field gets within 10 points of Hillary Clinton in a series of hypothetical general election matchups.

Rand Paul comes closest, with 43% saying they'd be more likely to back him while 54% choose Clinton. The two candidates who currently top the GOP field, Bush and Walker, match up equally against Clinton, with each carrying 40% to her 55%. Huckabee gets 41% to Clinton's 55% and Carson has 40% to Clinton's 56%.

In the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, Clinton holds a nearly 50-point lead over Vice President Joe Biden, her closest competitor in the field, 62% to 15%. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren rounds out the top three on the Democratic side with 10%. No other potential candidate tops 5%.

Should Warren decide not to get into the race, Clinton stands to benefit more than others, gaining 5 points and holding a 67% to 16% advantage over Biden when Warren's backers are re-allocated to their second-choice candidate. Notably, with Warren out of the race, Clinton surges from 67% support to 74% among Democratic women.

And Democrats broadly believe the party's chances to hold the White House in 2016 are strongest with Clinton; 68% say so, while 30% say the party would have a better shot with someone else leading the ticket.

Though Clinton's favorability rating has taken a hit recently, her prospects in 2016 appear largely unchanged compared to polls conducted before news broke about her use of a personal email address and home-based server while serving as secretary of state.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/18/politics/2016-election-poll-clinton-bush/index.html

But none of the top candidates in this field gets within 10 points of Hillary Clinton in a series of hypothetical general election matchups.

Rand Paul comes closest, with 43% saying they'd be more likely to back him while 54% choose Clinton. The two candidates who currently top the GOP field, Bush and Walker, match up equally against Clinton, with each carrying 40% to her 55%. Huckabee gets 41% to Clinton's 55% and Carson has 40% to Clinton's 56%.

In the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, Clinton holds a nearly 50-point lead over Vice President Joe Biden, her closest competitor in the field, 62% to 15%. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren rounds out the top three on the Democratic side with 10%. No other potential candidate tops 5%.

Should Warren decide not to get into the race, Clinton stands to benefit more than others, gaining 5 points and holding a 67% to 16% advantage over Biden when Warren's backers are re-allocated to their second-choice candidate. Notably, with Warren out of the race, Clinton surges from 67% support to 74% among Democratic women.

And Democrats broadly believe the party's chances to hold the White House in 2016 are strongest with Clinton; 68% say so, while 30% say the party would have a better shot with someone else leading the ticket.

Though Clinton's favorability rating has taken a hit recently, her prospects in 2016 appear largely unchanged compared to polls conducted before news broke about her use of a personal email address and home-based server while serving as secretary of state.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/18/politics/2016-election-poll-clinton-bush/index.html

This woman is virtually indestructible. Hahaha. No wonder the GOP fears her.

Guest Thomas2332

She seems tired, burnt out. She doesn't have the same charisma ol' Bill had. She isn't as strong a speaker as Barrack "heal the planet" Obama.

She seems tired, burnt out. She doesn't have the same charisma ol' Bill had. She isn't as strong a speaker as Barrack "heal the planet" Obama.

And the Republicans have either of those two qualities in any of the potential candidates? :rotfl:

Bill has a charisma that very few politicians possess.

Hilary is whip smart and communicates very effectively, which seems basic but lacking in many modern politicians.

• 3 weeks later...

ALERT: WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton is expected to launch her campaign for president at any moment. Staff said to be on alert and ready to start the campaign at any moment - starting Monday.

^ Yep, her announcement should be coming this week. Possibly next but it has to be before April 15 if she signed a lease for a campaign headquarters (which she did last week).

Brand new ABC News - Washington Post poll. :queenbitch:

11088812_10152873400558282_5769795938011

God PLZ let those poll #s end up the final fckin result for the general election!! Want her to squash every one of the puss pimples.

So Rand Paul has announced he's running for the Republican nomination.

If he were to get it - which I don't think he will - he would give Hilary a run for her money.

Republicans don't have any viable candidates to win next election, and Rand Paul's announcement for a presidential run does not really help! He does seem to attract some younger voters, and he believes he can reach out to certain minority groups in US, but many in the republican base strongly disagree with his policies.

Not yet. Very soon though...like this week or next is very likely.

It's seriously something that could happen ANY time. Meaning many people may wake up tomm. or the next day and see it ALL over the worldwide news. Gonna dominate the airwaves being belief (unless there's god forbid another terror attack somewhere). Rethuglicans are prob. hoping that fcking happens!

They will desperately try to destroy Hillary. It's going to be complete madness.

Just as they eat each up alive in the process like in 2012! ;8P.

Rand Paul :thumbsdown:

He is too crazy to be president

Hes every bit of royal lying douche as Christie Creme. He totally went off on Savannah Guthrie today (along w/ endless other female reporters) He's a mega a-hole and does NOT have the temperament or likability to cut it in general election. Aint happening. Even w/ Bush (and possibly Walker) its just gonna be the same line up of clowns during those debates.

U.S. politics are batshit crazy. I can't wait for all the shit flinging. They're going to tear Hilary a new one! :popcorn2:

Like they "tore Obama a new 1" in 2012 maybe :rotfl: They're going to be humiliated if the current situation is anything to go by. And I will be smiling every step of the way just like I was in 2008 and 2012.

I don't usually like to make grand statements about US politics since they're so unpredictable lately, but the current roster of GOP hopefuls is a who's who of village idiots. To think that the best option at a GOP nom is Jeb Bush.

A BUSH.

:rotfl:

Hilary will ruin them - if she doesn't drop the ball, that is, and she's been known to. And I love me some Hilary but the Clintons are DRA-MA. So we'll see. This is her race to lose if she utilizes her resources correctly.

Don't underestimate the Bushes Ai Mija si!

If w got re-elected then they are powerful enough to rig the elections again.

Like they "tore Obama a new 1" in 2012 maybe :rotfl: They're going to be humiliated if the current situation is anything to go by. And I will be smiling every step of the way just like I was in 2008 and 2012.

I don't usually like to make grand statements about US politics since they're so unpredictable lately, but the current roster of GOP hopefuls is a who's who of village idiots. To think that the best option at a GOP nom is Jeb Bush.

A BUSH.

:rotfl:

Hilary will ruin them - if she doesn't drop the ball, that is, and she's been known to. And I love me some Hilary but the Clintons are DRA-MA. So we'll see. This is her race to lose if she utilizes her resources correctly.

I'm not defending them and I obviously don't agree with the shit that they fling (Obama was born in Africa). It's just like a huge, hilarious soap opera and it's really fun to watch :lol: And seriously, even though we have a few Hillary fans around here (for whatever odd reason) she's SUCH an easy target.

I'm not defending them and I obviously don't agree with the shit that they fling (Obama was born in Africa). It's just like a huge, hilarious soap opera and it's really fun to watch :lol: And seriously, even though we have a few Hillary fans around here (for whatever odd reason) she's SUCH an easy target.

She is, that's why she needs to be extremely savvy this time around. She needs to let them destroy themselves. That's what Obie did the last 2 elections.