2016 Presidential Election Thread

Skin

Yes its early as hell, but people are already going on and on about it and who will run....

Clinton Already Picking Up Support

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) announced her support Tuesday for a super PAC trying to draft former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton into the Democratic presidential race in 2016. With the move, she became the first current member of Congress to back the group, aptly named Ready for Hillary.

"Hillary Clinton had to give up her political operation while she was making us proud, representing us around the world as an incredible Secretary of State, and that’s why Ready for Hillary is so critical," McCaskill said in a statement released by the group. "It’s important that we start early, building a grassroots army from the ground up, and effectively using the tools of the Internet –- all things that President Obama did so successfully –- so that if Hillary does decide to run, we’ll be ready to help her win."

Clinton has not announced her plans for 2016. The group has already started holding rallies on her behalf.

McCaskill backed then-candidate Barack Obama over Clinton in January 2008, a huge get for the Illinois senator's campaign. She had said in October 2006 that she wouldn't want her daughter near former President Bill Clinton, a comment for which she later apologized.

McCaskill said in February that she would help Clinton get elected if she decided to seek out the presidency.

I wish... But after all that is going on with this admin I doubt a democrat is going to be elected.

This whole NSA thing will be totally forgotten about by then.

This whole NSA thing will be totally forgotten about by then.

What about the IRS? And the Associated Press ? These are no meaningless things. Imagine if this was a republican president instead of Obama. Again, I doubt a democrat is going to be elected.

Imagine if this was a republican president instead of Obama.

Far worse was going on under our last republican President along with the NSA thing.

Far worse was going on under our last republican President along with the NSA thing.

This does not justify The Obama administration. I'm not a republican (yuck) but I do think that if all of these scandals were under the watch of a republican president... I would not be ok with them. Why is he prosecuting more journalists than any other president in history? Why is he not prosecuting more big banks? Sorry but I do think that unless some big changes happen there is not going to be a democrat in the White House in 2016. Hell, there is not even going to be a democrat congress next year.

This does not justify The Obama administration. I'm not a republican (yuck) but I do think that if all of these scandals were under the watch of a republican president... I would not be ok with them. Why is he prosecuting more journalists than any other president in history? Why is he not prosecuting more big banks? Sorry but I do think that unless some big changes happen there is not going to be a democrat in the White House in 2016. Hell, there is not even going to be a democrat congress next year.

Well than I guess we will go from bad to much worse if you are right. I honestly haven't been following these stories much to tell you the truth so I really cant comment. Once Obama was re-elected I breathed a sigh of relief that we were spared a Romney/Ryan administration which would have been a disgusting thing to see unfold. It was anxiety overload so I have actually been enjoying being in the dark since. I just know the NSA has been spying on us for years before Obama even came to town and anyone paying attention knew it and if there wasn't much outrage on a large scale then, I doubt its really going to resonate with many now.

I should also add that yes I can understand liberals being outraged by this still going on, but when it comes to republicans acting outraged I cant help but laugh my ass off as most if not all of them turned a blind eye and supported these actions under Bush and had no problem with it.

Well just know that Obama and the dems have given fixed news and the republicans MANY (and Valid) tools to be used against any democrat in 2014 and 2016. I even think Hillary must be re thinking if she wants to run.

Well just know that Obama and the dems have given fixed news and the republicans MANY (and Valid) tools to be used against any democrat in 2014 and 2016. I even think Hillary must be re thinking if she wants to run.

Like I said above these republicans would look like fools because they supported these kinds of things under Bush. If Obama did away with the NSA they would be SCREAMING that he was "WEAK ON TERROR!!!!".

It is not just the NSA, it is also the IRS and the Associated Press, those things are not meaningless and are very thuggish. Just switch democrat with republican and you'll see it differently.

Like I said above these republicans would look like fools because they supported these kinds of things under Bush. If Obama did away with the NSA they would be SCREAMING that he was "WEAK ON TERROR!!!!".

Again and what did democrats say back then including Obama?

Again and what did democrats say back then including Obama?

Probably that it was wrong and a violation of our rights and they would have been right. Im not arguing if this is right or wrong, I am simply saying that I don't think this story is going to have any traction or resonate with most voters in the long run. Especially not 3 years from now. Its like the whole Benghazi "scandal" that republicans kept beating at over and over. The louder they yelled, the less people seemed to care. It didn't stick. I honestly don't see this story sticking.

And as a nation most of us are too lazy and self absorbed to care. I mean we now live in a society where we choose not to keep anything private and post everything and anything about ourselves for the world to see over the net. We let all of this information out there for big brother to suck up by and large. Most will simply think, "So someone is listening to me talk about what I ate for dinner or what happened on the latest episode of Housewives or Here Comes Honey Boo Boo on the phone with a friend, or what new phone I am going to buy after only having the phone I am now talking on for a month. Whatever."

Oh it is sticking or how else do you explain obama's approval rating?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/17/obama-approval_n_3453012.html?ir=Politics

Republicans have months if not years of footage to attack any democrat now. Even in that Benghazi tragedy, there were some inconsistencies that could bite Hillary in 2016.

Oh it is sticking or how else do you explain obama's approval rating?

http://www.huffingto...tml?ir=Politics

Republicans have months if not years of footage to attack any democrat now. Even in that Benghazi tragedy, there were some inconsistencies that could bite Hillary in 2016.

It wont last. Trust me. 3 years from now no one will care about this. There is also this new poll from Gallup which normally skews Republican that says people still prefer the dems..

Americans View GOP Less Favorably Than Democratic Party

Both parties' favorability ratings are below their historical averages

by Andrew Dugan

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans still rate the Republican Party less favorably than the Democratic Party, 39% vs. 46%. But both parties' ratings are down from November 2012. The Democrats' rating dropped more, from 51% just after President Barack Obama won re-election. Americans' ratings of the Democratic Party are now more on par with readings earlier in 2012, while their ratings of the GOP are the lowest since May 2010.

Republican and Democratic Party Favorables, 1992-2013

Meanwhile, a majority of Americans (53%) see the Republican Party unfavorably, up slightly from 50% in November. Forty-eight percent see the Democratic Party unfavorably, an increase from 43% in November.

Notably, a fifth of adults (20%) see both parties unfavorably, while 12% view both parties favorably. Another 60% view one party favorably and the other unfavorably. The June 1-4 poll comes at a time when Americans continue to express disenchantment with the major institutions of the U.S. political system, including Congress and the presidency. These findings suggest that Americans are generally dissatisfied with the elected branches of the U.S. government.

Democratic Party Generally More Popular, but Both Parties Below Average

The American public has typically seen the Democratic Party more favorably than the GOP since Gallup first asked this question in 1992. The Democrats have an average favorability rating of 52%, while the GOP's average is 46%. Clearly, both parties are currently underperforming relative to their historical averages -- a trend that has been apparent for several years now.

The Republican Party's favorable rating has generally been in the low 40s to high 30s since mid-2005 -- perhaps not coincidentally when President George W. Bush's disapproval ratings began to move above 50%. Meanwhile, Democrats saw their party's buoyant 2008-2009 favorable rating fall to a low of 41% in March 2010, before it slowly climbed back up, although not to its earlier peaks. Neither party has been viewed favorably by a majority of Americans since 2009, with the exception of a post-2012 election "victory bump" of 51% for the Democratic Party. Republicans last recorded a majority favorability rating (51%) shortly after the start of Bush's second term, in February 2005.

The seven-percentage-point "favorability advantage" that the Democratic Party now enjoys over its Republican rivals is in line with the average six-point Democratic gap measured since 1992.

Well, still I'm not sure, we don't know if there are more things that are going to keep embarrasing the current administration. Let's hope Obama and the dems are able to get their act together before 2016, because so far it has been painful to watch.

Even with all the mess regarding the Obama admin right now... I don't hear anyone in the press or public saying anything like it's going to ruin the chance for a Democrat next time...at least not what I'm reading. Sure, the ReThugs will use it as ammo...but the public seems to have become a bit more aware of their typical bullshit. Even a good deal of the public thinks the ReThugs have gone too far extreme. They have time to "re-brand" themselves...but something tells me as long as the Koch Brothers and company pull the strings, the party isn't going to change. (It's only going to get worse.) They'll try, and they have plenty of time...but I don't see it happening. Even with the mess right now, I don't think the public is going just say, 'ok, let's go with the other team' (And with them, we all KNOW it would be FAR worse). I mean, I wouldn't put it past the American public (not the smartest cookies)...but I don't see it getting that bad...yet.

The real problem lies with Congress. And corporations and rich fucks being able to act as people to essentially 'buy' elections.

All I'm saying is that Any democrat that wants to be elected is going to need more than a pair of headphones and "funny" gifs.

Just look at this, the hypocrisy is endless in our Government. True the repukes are awful but so are many dems:

This is like mitt's flip flops.

Hilary serving one term was very wise, any crap that happens in term 2 is not going to stick to her.

All these scandals will be forgotten and very shortly, the US public has very, very short memories.

And ? It doesn't make them right and as a democrat it is very disappointing that the Obama administration is turning into a sideshow. I voted for him but let's get this straight he is no saint or a civil liberties hero. At this point I only see a Hillary presidency as a liberal/democrat fantasy. She really is going to need a miracle to get elected because so far Obama has not helped her "future" campaign.

And ? It doesn't make them right and as a democrat it is very disappointing that the Obama administration is turning into a sideshow. I voted for him but let's get this straight he is no saint or a civil liberties hero.

As I have said before, when we vote for President we don't get to vote between Candidate A and Candidate Perfect. Every President has his flaws. Its about picking which one will be the least flawed. I don't care if the dems are standing on the wrong side of the NSA scandal or any other recent scandal. They are still a billion times better than the alternative. Most of them at least...

As I have said before, when we vote for President we don't get to vote between Candidate A and Candidate Perfect. Every President has his flaws. Its about picking which one will be the least flawed. I don't care if the dems are standing on the wrong side of the NSA scandal or any other recent scandal. They are still a billion times better than the alternative. Most of them at least...

So if you don't care, you can't really criticize the other side for being sheep and blindly following their GOP leaders. To not care is like being a tea partier who believe and support blindly everything their bachman's, palin's, and hannity's tells them. I'm sorry but if the dems and Obama fuck things up they need to be held accountable.

I'm sorry but if the dems and Obama fuck things up they need to be held accountable.

All Presidents fuck up on something. And so what is the solution? Have Paul Ryan be our next President?

All Presidents fuck up on something. And so what is the solution? Have Paul Ryan be our next President?

Well he agrees with Obama in cutting social security so that wouldn't be much of a difference.

And I never said I didn't care. I just don't care as much about the NSA thing as some others do. If I were to pick Obama's biggest fuck up so far it would be not pushing harder for the public option, and the last I heard he was caving to republicans when it came to some of their ideas about social security, though I am not sure if that's still going on. Those things anger/angered me more. He has done a lot of things that made me proud as well though........As for someone like Bush......I honestly think the only time I was proud of him was when he went to ground zero and was speaking into the megaphone.

Other than that his WHOLE Presidency was a mess with non stop scandal after non stop scandal.