Do You Consider "I'm Breathless" An Album?

Guest Lum

I'm Breathless  

106 members have voted

1. 1. An Album?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like I'm Breathless?

• Yes
    • No

No not exactly. I see it as a collection of songs for and inspired by the film. A soundtrack album. M's people don't count it as one. MDNA was her 12th studio album.

The WTG "soundtrack" is listed as by Madonna, should we count that as an album too?

That was actually a pretty bad example...

That was actually a pretty bad example...

Aye very bad whoops! I wouldn't trust M's ppl to know even the most rudimentary thing about her discography anyway.

Dick Tracy had it's own soundtrack album, this was a Madonna release, complete with singles. It wouldn't surprise me if the germ of some of the songs had been planted before Dick Tracy came along either - STR for example.

its a proper studio album (one of her best)

anyone who thinks other is a sick fuck

How about accepting other people's opinions?

And yes, I consider it an album, but not a studio album. It's not the same as the other 12. I mean - would "I'm Breathless" exist if that movie didn't happen or she didn't have songs in it? I think it's safe to say that it wouldn't, so that makes the difference for me to the other albums, which stand alone and aren't tied/related to anything other.

Fans are fucking stubborn. I'M BREATHLESS is meant to promote the Madonna brand through DICK TRACY. It isn't some artistic departure -- it was Madonna not giving a fuck about being taken seriously and using this opportunity to sing material she wouldn't dare being a pop star in their prime.

This is maybe the Madonna "Album" that I played the most during the 90´s... I love it, the style of music screams GAY all over... My Mom really really (and still) loves it, and I consider it an album cuz Vogue and Hanky Panky are in it.

I wouldn't like to think Vogue was bonus on The immaculate collection, or that Hanky Panky never existed.

Get over it erotica blu. A full album of original Madonna music = Madonna album - as opposed to, say, Evita.

On being asked to choose her favourite Madonna album, Madge chooses I'm Breathless - "I love every one of those songs" Madonna, 1994

How about accepting other people's opinions?

And yes, I consider it an album, but not a studio album. It's not the same as the other 12. I mean - would "I'm Breathless" exist if that movie didn't happen or she didn't have songs in it? I think it's safe to say that it wouldn't, so that makes the difference for me to the other albums, which stand alone and aren't tied/related to anything other.

The term studio album is used 2 distinguish it from compilation or remix albums.

The fact the she went in2 the studio 2 write & record is the definition of a Studio Album,

which is exactly what IB is.

The title of the album is I'm Breathless: Music From and Inspired by the film Dick Tracy.

That makes it a soundtrack album of sorts.

A 'proper' release is something like Like A Prayer or Erotica, not an album inspired by a film. In MY opinion.

I agree that it was not a "proper" release but it is as much an album as The Bodyguard Soundtrack is considered a Whitney Houston album.

i heard it for the first time only a few months ago.. i had no clue she tried the jazz thing :lmao:

R U SERIOUS

WHAT!?

THEY ARRESTED BOBBY BROWN 4 FUCKING ON STAGE

4 FUCKING ON STAGE

Get over it erotica blu. A full album of original Madonna music = Madonna album - as opposed to, say, Evita.

On being asked to choose her favourite Madonna album, Madge chooses I'm Breathless - "I love every one of those songs" Madonna, 1994

She meant it as a joke. That's my answer for your two responses.

To those ding bats claiming that it is not a proper album because it tied in with a movie ( though not the movies official soundtrack) but claim LAP and Erotica are albums, are idiots.

That's like saying Erotica is not a proper album because it tied in with the release of Madonna's first novel/photography book, which by the way initially outsold and overshadowed the album. Or that LAP was is a pepsi album, because more cans of pepsi were sold at the time of it's release. That is the genius of Madonna, being able to tie in the release of projects with other releases. Now shut up, and all go and put on the genius that is More, MOre, MORE!

An orchestral soundtrack and a pop soundtrack are equally valid. To insist Breathless deserves serious consideration for proper studio cannon is ridicules and infuriating.

To those ding bats claiming that it is not a proper album because it tied in with a movie ( though not the movies official soundtrack) but claim LAP and Erotica are albums, are idiots.

That's like saying Erotica is not a proper album because it tied in with the release of Madonna's first novel/photography book, which by the way initially outsold and overshadowed the album. Or that LAP was is a pepsi album, because more cans of pepsi were sold at the time of it's release. That is the genius of Madonna, being able to tie in the release of projects with other releases. Now shut up, and all go and put on the genius that is More, MOre, MORE!

:thumbsup:

the reasoning of people who think it's not an album are quite ridiculous

No not exactly. I see it as a collection of songs for and inspired by the film. A soundtrack album. M's people don't count it as one. MDNA was her 12th studio album.
Madonna.jpg