Do You Consider "I'm Breathless" An Album?

Guest Lum

I'm Breathless  

106 members have voted

1. 1. An Album?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like I'm Breathless?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bluejean

Yes it is, even Madonna referred to it as an album once. It's as much of an album as Batman is a Prince album.

Of course it is an album ! It was music from and inspired by Dick Tracy and it was all Madonna tracks. Anyway, even if people did not like that style of music ( I personally loved it ) how could you not acknowledge a Madonna album that includes the iconic Vogue.

It's one of my least listened to albums by M but I still like it. Back In Business is fantastic. Sooner of Later should have been a single. I love He's A Man too.

It's one of my least listened to albums by M but I still like it. Back In Business is fantastic. Sooner of Later should have been a single. I love He's A Man too.

Jonski, Back in business, Sooner or Later and He's a man are probably my 3 favourites as well from that album. Especially Back in Business, I just love that song with a passion.

of course it's an album (even if the majority of the community here, don't know why, doesn't think so and often ommits it from our various album charts....)....one of my favourites....

all wonderful track....i love BIN, she sings it with such a force and passion....but he's a man and More too... and the sweetness of WCYL?

ICONIC

it's not a soundtrack album...it contains 3 songs (out of 11, 12 if you consider NIFY part 1 and 2, two different tracks) from the soundtrack.... and what is a "proper" release?

The title of the album is I'm Breathless: Music From and Inspired by the film Dick Tracy.

That makes it a soundtrack album of sorts.

A 'proper' release is something like Like A Prayer or Erotica, not an album inspired by a film. In MY opinion.

I always took it as a proper release, Dick Tracy has indeed his own Soundtrack, without any M. tracks. It has been recorded in a studio, all brand new songs, it is indeed inspired in Dick Tracy, as every album has an inspiration. It has always been a "bastard" son album but i have to say i love it, for me Back in Business and He's a Man my favourites on the album, leaving aside Vogue of course the Masterpiece of the album

Jonski, Back in business, Sooner or Later and He's a man are probably my 3 favourites as well from that album. Especially Back in Business, I just love that song with a passion.

:thumbsup: BiB would have worked so well if she'd performed it live on BAT!

I've just put on He's A Man as it's years since I've listened to it. It's soooo good!

lol So here we go again with this annual discussion. How many times did we already have a thread like this? The fact is that many consider it a studio album, many don't. There will never be an agreement within the fan base regarding this topic. End of story.

Back in Business is my fave too! Well, besides Vogue of course..

And I consider it as a bonus album. I like it!

Guest bluejean

lol So here we go again with this annual discussion. How many times did we already have a thread like this? The fact is that many consider it a studio album, many don't. There will never be an agreement within the fan base regarding this topic. End of story.

87% say yes. Seems like the public has spoken to me :lol:

Guest HaveASit

Well, it has Vogue, Hanky Panky, Now I'm Following You, Sooner or Later, Something to Remember and More. So, yes, I like it.

Although I agree that it's an album, the fact that it's all inspired by that one movie sort of takes something away from it for me. Almost like it had to be only one thing. I understand what a concept album is, but this almost seems like "if we could put more songs into this movie these would be them"...and I'm not so into the movie anyways.

It's an album, I just don't look at it as a Madonna album, almost like an album she was enlisted to make.