Question about a version of "Into The Groove"

Pressston

There's a small club i often go to, and it's the second time they play an 80's megamix and at one point there's "Into The Groove", it's the regular album version, but the chorus is sang by another woman, who sounds like Catherine Buchanan (the singer who sings Sidewalk Talk with Madonna) and then the verse is back to Madonna's voice, without any obvious cut or anything.

It's tne original ITG music, not the dub from YCD or anything.

Does anybody know something about it ?!

That's weird but it doesn't sound like a fanmade thing at all, it's mastered the same way as Madonna's version, like back in the 80's, the woman sings the chorus and M the verses, and there's isn't any differences in the sound, no copy and paste job, it flows perfectly. The woman sounds totally like Catherine Buchanan. It's Weird cause in Sidewalk talk Catherine sings the verses and M the chorus. Maybe there's a link, cause Sidewalk and Groove have been recorded around the same time, and from what has been said she first gave ITG to Mark Kamins' protégée, Chyne.

I've never heard of this version. As for Cheyne, Madonna was meant to write a song for her but M liked ITTG so much decided to keep it for herself. We know the demo is used in the film too so it wasn't like it was recorded by another artist and given to Madonna to re-sing.

They could have used a cover artist version and mixed it together. I don't know why though.

If it's a small club and you go often, why don't you ask the DJ?

he doesn't have a clue, they play what's in the computer, most of the time they don't even have the name of the tracks written on the musicsoftware, just some playlists. I know i go to strange clubs...

Guest bluejean

Ha just kidding.

It can't be an official thing though since we haven't heard of it. I wonder if you can get a copy :lol: