MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Grace Jones thread

I'm still obsessing :inlove:

She's EVERYTHING. Can't wait for the new music and the book!!!

http://youtu.be/ok8SWAJwNzY

I'm literally so in love with Grace. My love for her just grows and grows year after year. She is a fucking hurricane (pun intended)!

Thank you so much for this you truly are a mensch--Mensch. Love you like always and forever.

Thank you so much for this you truly are a mensch--Mensch. Love you like always and forever.

You just have no idea. She's taken me years to digest and little by little, I'm absorbing this magical living Goddess of a woman. She's like Bjork and Madonna...but the black version with the striking appearance like no other and the musical genius...some albums are a bit dated and meh...but when she gets it right, it is MASSIVELY PERFECT. He commanding voice. Her lyrical styles (and the covers she's made her own)...her rhythms and soul/rock infused songs. It is all just too good to be true. I need an album. The autobiography. A tour so I can be front row. Everything. She is EVERYTHING.

You just have no idea. She's taken me years to digest and little by little, I'm absorbing this magical living Goddess of a woman. She's like Bjork and Madonna...but the black version with the striking appearance like no other and the musical genius...some albums are a bit dated and meh...but when she gets it right, it is MASSIVELY PERFECT. He commanding voice. Her lyrical styles (and the covers she's made her own)...her rhythms and soul/rock infused songs. It is all just too good to be true. I need an album. The autobiography. A tour so I can be front row. Everything. She is EVERYTHING.

I'm older than you. So Grace Jones' impact is a little bit more immediate from my up bringing. Not so much from her music but her then huge celebrity. And she was so unusual for a black star to make their whole image about being bizarre. She did and was in the movies I was able to see as a kid. Conan: The Destroyer (1984) and the James Bond movie A View To A Kill (1985). I saw the last one theatrically at a drive-in with my family. I think I might have been three at the time.

I'd love to cover this song. The message is so relevant today and the sound is very Röyksopp and Robyn with the horns and how long it is and simplistic in it's dance style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XpvH3DTF4

God, I just love this woman. She really has impacted me.

There was another update a couple of days ago. Grace is appearing tonight at the Hop Farm festival in Kent so it will be interesting to see if she plays anything new.

They also said they were still working on the new album but 'you know, nothing is rushed with Grace'!

She played hop farm festival last weekend and is playing another uk festival supporting Massive Attack in September, not sure if she played any new stuff or if she will be playing any other shows this year, but looks like she is warming up...

she said she'd never write her memoirs in "Art Groupie" wtf Grace lies

When asked why she was writing a memoir she said if she didn't someone else would.

When asked why she was writing a memoir she said if she didn't someone else would.

Exactly.

And no she didn't sing anything new at her recent show.

Watch the Sean Penn/Robin Wright movie She's So Lovely (1997). Three songs from Inside Story (1986) are used in the movie.

fuck that. you and me at a bar with a jukebox, playing warm leatherette, nightclubbing, living my life, and inside story back to back!!!

fuck that. you and me at a bar with a jukebox, playing warm leatherette, nightclubbing, living my life, and inside story back to back!!!

Come to LA. Too claustrophobic for NY.

Come to LA. Too claustrophobic for NY.

what if we meet halfway...errr, michigan? lol

what if we meet halfway...errr, michigan? lol

You'll love LA. It's just like Drive. Or Pretty Woman. Or Mulholland Dr.

:dead:

well i certainly love you.

:stir::smooch::smooch::smooch:

me too!!!

No!!!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!!!!

It was too good to be true. A Grace project arriving on schedule.

:(

Her book has been delayed.

Until September of NEXT YEAR! WTF?!

Until September of NEXT YEAR! WTF?!

Do you have a link for this?