MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Grace Jones thread

Damn. I'm sure that her memoirs would be one interesting read...but I want more music!!!!

What do you think of her eighties' album Inside Story? I think it maybe her worst. But I continue to listen in hopes it'll grow on me.

I've always been fond of victor should have been a jazz musician... #VSHBAJM

I've always been fond of victor should have been a jazz musician... #VSHBAJM

I love that one too. Not Perfect and Victor are the standouts.

Really those two were the only good ones, the rest was a bit...spotty...

I'm not perfect is one of her best tracks ever and video. Always overlooked which is a shame. But yes the album is pretty forgettable.

As for the new album recently and it sounded like the album was coming on but you know with Grace!

It's not a new album but an unreleased Grace Jones track from the Nightclubbing album has surfaced. It's a cover of a Gary Numan song and it's on the new Record Store Day Deluxe edition release that will feature a bonus CD of remixes and two new tracks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AeX8K_nlJw#t=197

Can't wait for this!!!

Grace has a memoir due for release this year. Her priorities are divided.

Maybe we'll finally get the story behind this

I comment that Madonna has copied many of the looks Grace has worked, such as the conical boobs, the dominatrix garb and the boxing one. "Yeah I know", she agrees. "A lot. And the Like A Virgin wedding dress thing I did before her. She's taken stuff, but that's all right, it's flattery I guess." Did she get on with Madonna? "I never spent that much time with her, but there is one thing she did do, that she knows, that I have never spoken about to the press, and I don't I ever will until I write my autobiography. It's one thing did do that angered me."

I really must go and see her at least once!

APRIL 28 NIGHTCLUBBING

2CD

BLU RAY AUDIO

1CD

2LP

12" mixes, B-sides & outtakes

:wow:

Grace-Jones-Nightclubbing-DE.jpg

Disc: 1 1. Walking in the Rain (2014 Remaster) 2. Pull Up to the Bumper (2014 Remaster) 3. Use Me (2014 Remaster) 4. Nightclubbing (2014 Remaster) 5. Art Groupie (2014 Remaster) 6. I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (2014 Remaster) 7. Feel Up (2014 Remaster) 8. Demolition Man (2014 Remaster) 9. I've Done It Again (2014 Remaster) Disc: 2 1. Demolition Man (12" Version) (Remastered 2013) 2. Pull Up to the Bumper (UK 12" Version) (Remastered 2013) 3. I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (12" Version) (Remastered 2013) 4. Walking in the Rain (Remixed Version) (Remastered 2013) 5. Pull Up to the Bumper (Remixed Version) (Remastered 2013) 6. Use Me (Long Version) (Remastered 2013) 7. Pull Up to the Bumper (US Party Version) (Remastered 2013) 8. Feel Up (UK 12" Version) (Remastered 2013) 9. Pull Up to the Bumper (Remix) (Remastered 2013) 10. Peanut Butter - Compass Point All Stars (Remastered 2013) 11. If You Wanna Be My Lover 12. Me! I Disconnect from You 13. Esta Cara Me Es Conocida (I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango)) (Remastered 2013)

APRIL 28 NIGHTCLUBBING

2CD

BLU RAY AUDIO

1CD

2LP

12" mixes, B-sides & outtakes

:wow:

Grace-Jones-Nightclubbing-DE.jpg

Disc: 1

1. Walking in the Rain (2014 Remaster)

2. Pull Up to the Bumper (2014 Remaster)

3. Use Me (2014 Remaster)

4. Nightclubbing (2014 Remaster)

5. Art Groupie (2014 Remaster)

6. I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (2014 Remaster)

7. Feel Up (2014 Remaster)

8. Demolition Man (2014 Remaster)

9. I've Done It Again (2014 Remaster)

Disc: 2

1. Demolition Man (12" Version) (Remastered 2013)

2. Pull Up to the Bumper (UK 12" Version) (Remastered 2013)

3. I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (12" Version) (Remastered 2013)

4. Walking in the Rain (Remixed Version) (Remastered 2013)

5. Pull Up to the Bumper (Remixed Version) (Remastered 2013)

6. Use Me (Long Version) (Remastered 2013)

7. Pull Up to the Bumper (US Party Version) (Remastered 2013)

8. Feel Up (UK 12" Version) (Remastered 2013)

9. Pull Up to the Bumper (Remix) (Remastered 2013)

10. Peanut Butter - Compass Point All Stars (Remastered 2013)

11. If You Wanna Be My Lover

12. Me! I Disconnect from You

13. Esta Cara Me Es Conocida (I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango)) (Remastered 2013)

You know I'm seriously losing sleep waiting for this. :lol:

And I already have nightclubbing on vinyl. I just always wanted a remaster cause it sounds a bit rusty and it skips during walking in the rain. Otherwise, it's perfect, and IMO her best album and one of the best albums of all time.

You know I'm seriously losing sleep waiting for this. :lol:

And I already have nightclubbing on vinyl. I just always wanted a remaster cause it sounds a bit rusty and it skips during walking in the rain. Otherwise, it's perfect, and IMO her best album and one of the best albums of all time

Just listen 2 the Vinyl...then u don't need a remaster at all. But I know what u mean in terms of the CD...plus it looks like a great package.

Just listen 2 the Vinyl...then u don't need a remaster at all. But I know what u mean in terms of the CD...plus it looks like a great package.

I'm getting the vinyl. Is there no notable difference in sound quality for remasters on vinyl?

I'm getting the vinyl. Is there no notable difference in sound quality for remasters on vinyl?

I have no idea, but i know there's a difference even in the weight of the vinyl that influences the sound quality.

But a vinyl remaster 4 a 1980's release...sorry but um NO...that's were I draw the line.

I have no idea, but i know there's a difference even in the weight of the vinyl that influences the sound quality.

But a vinyl remaster 4 a 1980's release...sorry but um NO...that's were I draw the line.

Why?

I saw the nightclubbing lp double pack in a record shop in London even though it's not released until Monday. The packaging looked gorgeous - gatefold sleeve which was really thick. The cover seems to have been enhanced and looked amazing.

I saw the nightclubbing lp double pack in a record shop in London even though it's not released until Monday. The packaging looked gorgeous - gatefold sleeve which was really thick. The cover seems to have been enhanced and looked amazing.

OMG, I'm getting it tomorrow!

Earlier in this thread I discussed the awfulness of Grace's Inside Story album. Imagine my shock when three songs from that album made their way on a movie soundtrack for a Sean Penn / Robin Wright vehicle from the nineties She's So Lovely.

Earlier in this thread I discussed the awfulness of Grace's Inside Story album. Imagine my shock when three songs from that album made their way on a movie soundtrack for a Sean Penn / Robin Wright vehicle from the nineties She's So Lovely.

Which songs? I still love I'm not perfect and think its one of her best singles and videos ever!

Which songs? I still love I'm not perfect and think its one of her best singles and videos ever!

Hollywood Liar, Party Girl, I'm Not Perfect (But I'm Perfect For You).

Apparently she talks about Madonna in her memoir, she said "We were not friends and she did something, she knows what it is and i'm talking about it in my book".

BmVYgIiIEAAAeL_.jpg

WTF! It's NOWHERE in NYC! I want it so badly! Lol

I'm so insane. I already have the regular LP.

I'm just hoping the quality is a little more crisp.

Who that guy?

Is she doing him or something?

Lol oh. He hot.