MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Grace Jones thread

1 hour ago, erotica blu said:

You're so beautiful it was a privilege for her.

Ur so sweet :kiss2:

Saw the film

This woman's face and body is UNREAL :bow:

Her being on stage wearing nothing but a f@cking one piece bathing suit was way more interesting than anything I've seen from today's flop wannabes.

It should come with subtitles though, for non english speaking people it was hard :lol:

1 hour ago, mamifero said:

Saw the film

This woman's face and body is UNREAL :bow:

Her being on stage wearing nothing but a f@cking one piece bathing suit was way more interesting than anything I've seen from today's flop wannabes.

It should come with subtitles though, for non english speaking people it was hard :lol:

Really I thought it was the other way around. She spoke lots of French. Luckily I understood it. 

I spent the night with Grace! We spoke. She kissed me multiple times. We talked in depth, she told me she loved me multiple times...she signed my nightclubbing record...she hung out with everyone all night!!! I live and die!!! I love her! 

Bloodlight and Bami must be watched in a theatre. So much better than watching it at home! I absolutely loved it now! 

46 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I spent the night with Grace! We spoke. She kissed me multiple times. We talked in depth, she told me she loved me multiple times...she signed my nightclubbing record...she hung out with everyone all night!!! I live and die!!! I love her! 

Bloodlight and Bami must be watched in a theatre. So much better than watching it at home! I absolutely loved it now! 

You're living a dream.

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

MORE DETAILS!!!!

4 hours ago, erotica blu said:

You know she's lazy.

I forgot about the album. I’m focused on M now.  Grace will probably release in 2020 

Every time I see new posts in this thread  my heart skips a beat that the album is upon us. Every. Damn. Time. 

She seriously would’ve done well to capitalize on all the press she’s gotten for the documentary to bring some well-deserved attention to the new album...

21 hours ago, strictmachine said:

She seriously would’ve done well to capitalize on all the press she’s gotten for the documentary to bring some well-deserved attention to the new album...

Exactly. But I knew it was impossible. She’s touring next summer...that’s what the producer told me...we’ll see

Someone who is no longer living told me about Grace Jones because they knew her personally. Said she was a mess. At the time I thought he was being catty. Now I realize she's out of it. Have you watched the interviews promoting the documentary? Even the film itself confirms how erratic she really is. Her memoir was poorly edited so they could rush that bad boy into publication were she to swiftly change her mind.

16 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

Someone who is no longer living told me about Grace Jones because they knew her personally. Said she was a mess. At the time I thought he was being catty. Now I realize she's out of it. Have you watched the interviews promoting the documentary? Even the film itself confirms how erratic she really is. Her memoir was poorly edited so they could rush that bad boy into publication were she to swiftly change her mind.

She’s not a mess. She’s eccentric and wild. Big difference. She’s fully aware of her actions. They are conscious choices. 

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

She’s not a mess. She’s eccentric and wild. Big difference. She’s fully aware of her actions. They are conscious choices. 

Yes agreed, much more eccentric than a mess. There’s an intent behind what she does even if sometimes we don’t always get it. I think it’s the long term effects of the LSD...

Soon it’s going to be 10 years since Hurricane was released, it’s still one of my all time favourite albums. I hope this next one will be worth the wait. I can’t say I’ve been too keen on any little scraps she’s worked on since.

Bloodlights and Bami is out now on DVD.

But yes, I'm hoping the delay in the album means we'll get something amazing.

I've only heard shenanigans and that was uninspired.

Finally saw Bloodlight and Bami in a theatre.

The captured performances were not the best I've seen during the 'Hurricane years'.

Too much talk about Mas P, without a proper catharsis...that's not how you make a film Sophie Fiennes.

I'm glad I read the book, otherwise I wouldn't know what the (Jamaican) fuck they were talking about half the time...

Some interesting moments though, the breakfast in the fur coat was Classic Grace....that moment in the cab

where she declares NYC dead :lol:  and she ALWAYS opens her own oysters.

I was left wanting more, U can't put ur camera on Grace fucking Jones (over the course of YEARS!), and then

give us just that. 2/5

On 9/17/2018 at 8:15 AM, acko said:

Finally saw Bloodlight and Bami in a theatre.

The captured performances were not the best I've seen during the 'Hurricane years'.

Too much talk about Mas P, without a proper catharsis...that's not how you make a film Sophie Fiennes.

I'm glad I read the book, otherwise I wouldn't know what the (Jamaican) fuck they were talking about half the time...

Some interesting moments though, the breakfast in the fur coat was Classic Grace....that moment in the cab

where she declares NYC dead :lol:  and she ALWAYS opens her own oysters.

I was left wanting more, U can't put ur camera on Grace fucking Jones (over the course of YEARS!), and then

give us just that. 2/5

Jones had input on the final edit. If that weren't the case she wouldn't promote the damn thing.

I have to admit, I waited forever to finally get a chance to see this and was also extremely disappointed when I finally did. Thank god I had just finished reading her memoirs so at least there were lots of references I picked up on that totally would’ve gone over my head otherwise. The direction of this documentary was absolutely horrendous, there was no real story arc to it at all. Just a bunch of random, messy, rambling interactions. Grace deserved much better!

3 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I have to admit, I waited forever to finally get a chance to see this and was also extremely disappointed when I finally did. Thank god I had just finished reading her memoirs so at least there were lots of references I picked up on that totally would’ve gone over my head otherwise. The direction of this documentary was absolutely horrendous, there was no real story arc to it at all. Just a bunch of random, messy, rambling interactions. Grace deserved much better!

In a nutshell.

4 hours ago, strictmachine said:

Her book was poorly edited as well. But she's a genuine mess so this might be the best of what she's willing to give.

46 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

Her book was poorly edited as well. But she's a genuine mess so this might be the best of what she's willing to give.

Lol yes it certainly was but relative to the documentary it was better. The  faults in the documentary fall on Sophie fiennes though. Of all the footage she captured over ten freaking years, she should’ve been able to piece together a better, more coherent story than that. Even if the subject is a total mess herself. 

2 hours ago, strictmachine said:

Lol yes it certainly was but relative to the documentary it was better. The  faults in the documentary fall on Sophie fiennes though. Of all the footage she captured over ten freaking years, she should’ve been able to piece together a better, more coherent story than that. Even if the subject is a total mess herself. 

Being at the Q&A and hearing them explain their vision made it much more enjoyable. The no-narrative was purposely done. I love the film! 

11 hours ago, Mensch said:

Being at the Q&A and hearing them explain their vision made it much more enjoyable. The no-narrative was purposely done. I love the film! 

Be that as it may, it's still bad film making, that's not really about taste.

10 hours ago, acko said:

Be that as it may, it's still bad film making, that's not really about taste.

Agreed!