Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Grace Jones thread

Recommended Posts

On 10/25/2017 at 6:16 AM, swimtoshore said:

I LOVE Grace - she is so fierce. Nightclubbing is one of my favorite ever albums.

Pull up to my bumper baby
In your long black limousine
Pull up to my bumper baby
And drive it in between

Grrrrrrrr

and the video is amazing, ROL before ROL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Finally! I was over it and stopped thinking about it cause everything she does is so fucking delayed!!! But now I’m excited again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonski43 said:

 

anyone think there's a screener link on line at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2018 at 8:45 PM, jonski43 said:

 

She's so great.

I'm completely in love with her "Fame" album. Those disco album's tend to get overlooked, but I adore them. Camp as christmas. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been watching this clip with Ivor Guest from October, and the new album is 75% completed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crux said:

Just been watching this clip with Ivor Guest from October, and the new album is 75% completed.

 

Sure. Smdh I bet that girl will not even take into consideration releasing her record around the time of the documentary release in America ...lost opportunity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mensch said:

Sure. Smdh I bet that girl will not even take into consideration releasing her record around the time of the documentary release in America ...lost opportunity 

Wasn't it nearly done last summer?

You can't argue that she's obsessed with the charts :rotfl:she really does do it her way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like with Grace the album could be 100% done and she’d still be just as likely to sit on it for ten years just because...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i LOVED her in boomerang. she's amazing. an original for sure.

 

she did an interview in the 80s where she physically attacked the interviewer lol like she was a lion. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone in Europe get the dvd and send me the fucking file. I can’t wait another two months. This bitch loves to torture her fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's in my thoughts more. She and Tina Turner to be exact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone see her performances last week in Sydney or Melbourne?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, erotica blu said:

It has leaked.

The dvd????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jonski43 said:

The dvd????

The blu-ray from Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 5:41 PM, jonski43 said:

Now this might be a documentary worth watching. Art and pop personified

 

i was lucky enough to be able to watch this the other day on a flight from Australia the the US

I love Grace even more having watched it - she just seems so genuine and true to herself 

The documentary itself could have done with some tighter editing and a clearer story arc,  but the glimpses into her family history are fascinating and the live performances are terrific 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/3/2018 at 2:39 AM, erotica blu said:

It has leaked.

:headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the film. 

 

I felt that the non-narrative was interesting but it didn’t help keep me interested throughout and I know her full story (or at least the mythology behind Grace) ...the performances were awesome and yes, she was scary, beautiful, vulnerable at times, open in all her various personalities. She is everything and I’m happy she got the doc treatment and did it in her own way. I just want a new record! I was left feeling underwhelmed but still enjoyed it throughout. I’m sure seeing it with her and listening to the Q&A (hopefully I get tickets) will be a much more rewarding experience!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mensch said:

Saw the film. 

 

I felt that the non-narrative was interesting but it didn’t help keep me interested throughout and I know her full story (or at least the mythology behind Grace) ...the performances were awesome and yes, she was scary, beautiful, vulnerable at times, open in all her various personalities. She is everything and I’m happy she got the doc treatment and did it in her own way. I just want a new record! I was left feeling underwhelmed but still enjoyed it throughout. I’m sure seeing it with her and listening to the Q&A (hopefully I get tickets) will be a much more rewarding experience!! 

So privileged to have been in her presence several times in your life. The closest I've been to her is attending her brother's church in LA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, erotica blu said:

So privileged to have been in her presence several times in your life. The closest I've been to her is attending her brother's church in LA.

I love meeting her! She’s so much fun. She’s sweet, wild, erratic, eccentric, strong...her presence is much wilder than Madonna’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mensch said:

I love meeting her! She’s so much fun. She’s sweet, wild, erratic, eccentric, strong...her presence is much wilder than Madonna’s 

Madonna was never an eccentric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, erotica blu said:

Madonna was never an eccentric.

I know, just that their energies are so powerful they envelop a room and paralyze everyone in the room but in different ways...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kissed her on stage once! :lol:

I love this bytch 2 death! So glad she comes here A LOT.

Can't wait 2 buy the DVD, but gutted I missed out on a screening in a theatre.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, acko said:

I kissed her on stage once! :lol:

I love this bytch 2 death! So glad she comes here A LOT.

Can't wait 2 buy the DVD, but gutted I missed out on a screening in a theatre.

 

You're so beautiful it was a privilege for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×