MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Grace Jones thread

Yes I saw her nipples...I even felt then when she hugged me. Lol she was unbelievable.

You've been blessed.

Radio 6 broadcast a two hour documentary about Grace Jones last Friday.

Gemma Cairney joins Grace Jones for dinner as 6Music celebrates the iconic legend. Over the course of the evening they discuss Grace's family, her love of Jamaica and nature, working with Nile Rodgers, Studio 54, Andy Warhol, body image, her thoughts on the state of the internet and why she doesn't do autographs or selfies. Grace also recounts stories from her memoir entitled I'll Never Write My Memoirs.

Here's the link although I think it's probably only available in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06jg508

I heard it! It's great! I love her voice! ^^^^

I've never watched any of Grace's Videos til recently. Wow, pull up the bumper is very similar to Ray of Light. Now I see why she included Madonna on her list of people copying her :laugh:

Just finished reading her book ("I'll Never Write My Memoirs"). Not as exciting as I thought - at times it's almost highbrow - but definitely very informative.

Just finished reading her book ("I'll Never Write My Memoirs"). Not as exciting as I thought - at times it's almost highbrow - but definitely very informative.

What does she say about her film career?

Conan the Destroyer (1984)

A View to a Kill (1985)

Boomerang (1992)

Amazingly, there isn't a lot of gossip in the book. There are confessions, but definitely not gossip about other people. She doesn't diss any of her movies, but seems kind of disappointed with her movie career overall. She barely talks about "Conan", although she mentions Schwarzenegger a few times - they are or were very friendly with each other. She talked about arriving very late (with Andy Warhol) to Schwarza's wedding ceremony. She seems to take a lot of pride in "Vamp". "A View To A Kill" has a couple of pages, but it's more about her struggle to get into the role and her rapport with Roger Moore. About "Boomerang", she said she got the role as a gratitude gesture from Eddie Murphy, who had opened for her ("One Man Show") when his career was starting. She seems to have mixed emotions Strangé, though - she says it's basically a caricature of how Grace Jones is perceived. And she's definitely remorseful for having rejected a part in "Blade Runner" (she was supposed to play The Snake Woman).

Amazingly, there isn't a lot of gossip in the book. There are confessions, but definitely not gossip about other people. She doesn't diss any of her movies, but seems kind of disappointed with her movie career overall. She barely talks about "Conan", although she mentions Schwarzenegger a few times - they are or were very friendly with each other. She talked about arriving very late (with Andy Warhol) to Schwarza's wedding ceremony. She seems to take a lot of pride in "Vamp". "A View To A Kill" has a couple of pages, but it's more about her struggle to get into the role and her rapport with Roger Moore. About "Boomerang", she said she got the role as a gratitude gesture from Eddie Murphy, who had opened for her ("One Man Show") when his career was starting. She seems to have mixed emotions Strangé, though - she says it's basically a caricature of how Grace Jones is perceived. And she's definitely remorseful for having rejected a part in "Blade Runner" (she was supposed to play The Snake Woman).

She would have been amazing in Blade Runner. She should be proud of Boomerang. She's hilarious in it. And for many generations of black American youth it is their introduction to her and reference point.

I was a bit surprised about her mixed feelings for Strangé, because she's absolutely fantastic. Every one of her scenes is remarkable.

It's a good book. Long, slow, pompous and at times boring but, as I said, very informative. Paul Morley made some very interesting insertions about the music biz in the seventies, it really helps to understand what was going on then.

When is her bloody album coming out! It was months ago when Ivor Guest was posting like something was going to happen!

Typical Grace!

I hope she's officially off drugs. I met someone who knew her

and he told me when I asked about her she's a mess. Never

understood what he meant because he never elaborated beyond

she's a mess. Someone here said she sabotaged her whole

career due to excessive drug use.

she was doing coke and drinking like 4 bottles of red wine in her limo apparently during the 2 hours she was late to her book signing. i was the first person on line and waited 18 hours for her and she not only canceled the discussion on the book but also was so brief with me, i couldn't even talk to her. i wasn't upset with her but i felt like i wasted my time.

she was doing coke and drinking like 4 bottles of red wine in her limo apparently during the 2 hours she was late to her book signing. i was the first person on line and waited 18 hours for her and she not only canceled the discussion on the book but also was so brief with me, i couldn't even talk to her. i wasn't upset with her but i felt like i wasted my time.

Very disappointing. I considered her a role model for years. But realizing

she's not too bright nor mentally stable has soured me on her. Like Manet she relies

on the creativity of others to shine. And without them nor any sense of direction

she's a lost cause.

No, she's quite literally a HURRICANE of energy. She's certainly got SUPERSTAR energy unlike any other (like Madonna, very unique and specific to who they are)...

She's incredibly talented in my opinion. I just don't think she wants to follow the record, set a date, release, tour, pattern. She does it at her own pace. the gap in the 90's and 2000's was a different story...I could say the same for Blondie and now look at them. They continue to tour all year round and work on music and release new stuff.

I just think it's her wild, loose nature. I don't mind it. I just wish she would release new music and tour cause that's my selfish nature.

I love her so much! She's INCREDIBLE!

I DO wish there were more well-directed like Madonna music videos for her music. She has so many elaborate and artsy, lyrically inviting songs that the videos could've been so wild especially with her sensibility and facial expressions. Like, Warm Leatherette or Nightclubbing, or Bullshit. I mean there's SO many music videos she could've made and had more commercial success (not that she wanted it)

Very disappointing. I considered her a role model for years. But realizing

she's not too bright nor mentally stable has soured me on her. Like Manet she relies

on the creativity of others to shine. And without them nor any sense of direction

she's a lost cause.

Look, she's actually a very intelligent person! She's just… crazy. :D

No, she's quite literally a HURRICANE of energy. She's certainly got SUPERSTAR energy unlike any other (like Madonna, very unique and specific to who they are)...

She's incredibly talented in my opinion. I just don't think she wants to follow the record, set a date, release, tour, pattern. She does it at her own pace. the gap in the 90's and 2000's was a different story...I could say the same for Blondie and now look at them. They continue to tour all year round and work on music and release new stuff.

I just think it's her wild, loose nature. I don't mind it. I just wish she would release new music and tour cause that's my selfish nature.

I love her so much! She's INCREDIBLE!

I DO wish there were more well-directed like Madonna music videos for her music. She has so many elaborate and artsy, lyrically inviting songs that the videos could've been so wild especially with her sensibility and facial expressions. Like, Warm Leatherette or Nightclubbing, or Bullshit. I mean there's SO many music videos she could've made and had more commercial success (not that she wanted it)

You do know she and Janet are the same sign?

Look, she's actually a very intelligent person! She's just… crazy. :D

And lazy.

You do know she and Janet are the same sign?

Grace doesn't cancel her shows though. She just turns up late! 😂

I don't know if she's as lazy as I like to joke about her. She likes to live her life in her own way. Not everything revolves around your music career. Sometimes inspiration just comes as I think happened with Hurricane and now she's back in the train but treading lightly. I bet she spends a lot of time in her home in Jamaica living in complete obscurity, smokin weed and drinking wine and eating lots of food, cooking engaging with locals and with her family.

And lazy.

My best female friend is a lot like Grace and reading the book I saw it clearly. And she's also a Taurus with Aquarius rising. She's an "all-or-nothing" type of person. She may go all the way while she's doing something - and especially when having fun - but there are other times when she feels like hiding and will avoid most people. She's got a strong reclusive side too.

Maybe you should read the book. Her explanations of how she became what she became are in detail.

i agree ^^^

I'm the same sometimes too

Grace doesn't cancel her shows though. She just turns up late!

I don't know if she's as lazy as I like to joke about her. She likes to live her life in her own way. Not everything revolves around your music career. Sometimes inspiration just comes as I think happened with Hurricane and now she's back in the train but treading lightly. I bet she spends a lot of time in her home in Jamaica living in complete obscurity, smokin weed and drinking wine and eating lots of food, cooking engaging with locals and with her family.

She lives in Europe babe where she remains a somewhat popular local celebrity.

i agree ^^^

I'm the same sometimes too

You are reclusive sometimes which is frustrating because you're so damn interesting.

i'm not interesting.

i'm crazy.

i'm not interesting.

i'm crazy.

Crazy is interesting. I bet I'm pretty boring to you.

Crazy is interesting. I bet I'm pretty boring to you.

not at all. i find you quite interesting.

crazy isn't always good. lol

lol I remember Madonna screened that movie for one of her bday parties and everyone said it sucked

I just got her book! I'm expecting great things from it

Uhm, one of the best Grace songs evah!!!! Sadly, the closest we'll ever get to a Bond song from her