Vogue Mdna version

Alpha

Was just speaking to friend about the greatness that is Vogue and was thinking what is th best performance of the song and what version best represents the song,

BAT, VMA's, GS, RIT, s&s Alll great but was the Mdna version the performance that represents the actual inspiration of the song the best? the whole late 80's, Paris is burning New York scene, what do you guys think?

2 me it looks better on video, in the flesh I found a lot of the choreo rather random & the performance uneventful as a whole.

S&S however was a kick-ass re-invention, I also love TGS where she took it some place different as well, especially

with that hot band.

:wow:

I fucking LOVE the MDNA version. I don't think it was "missing" something, or "fell flat".

Loved the arrangement this time around - fresh but still perfectly classic. Love the buildup of the intro (so cinematic and grand)... the added sound effects and the choreography that hits those moments... the concept and visuals was quintessential Madonna...the return of the Gaultier cone bra/corset ... and Derrell and Pono are the icing on the cake.

The only thing I didn't like was that it was an edit, and they left off the bridge and buildup after ("Get up on the dance floor!!!").

ps. I actually don't think I've ever seen a Vogue I didn't like. She's treated her quintessential iconic song with such care each time.

The only version that kind of just slightly misses the mark for me is Re-Invention (RIT).

ps. I actually don't think I've ever seen a Vogue I didn't like. She's treated her quintessential iconic song with such care each time.

The only version that kind of just slightly misses the mark for me is Re-Invention (RIT).

I like RIT 2, but it's prolly my least fave...

Super Bowl...... That was an Oprah sized "WOW!"

Have to agree the Superbowl version was the best, even if short. Girlie Show a close second, especially the intro and the bit where she walks over the dancers down the catwalk.

I always thought BAT version was OK but lacked a spark - too dark. The GS versions is amazing although the outfits should have been more colourful. RIT is awful - the open notes are flat and it generally came across as a pale imitation of the stunning MTV Awards performance. S&S version is great and the MDNA is beautiful and what the BAT should have been originally. Superbowl is beyound wow!

It's one of my favorites, but the superbowl was better. The MDNA version would have been perfect if the opening part had sounded similar to the superbowl, I don't know how to describe it.

If it had sounded like 0:38 here

As oppose to 0:50 here

It was quite obvious she couldn't get the MDNA version over fast enough - even cutting out the very best part. She's bored as hell during it. Very telling that it wasn't even part of the original setlist.

S&S was a bastardised mash-up and only came alive for the audience when the familiar piano kicked in towards the end. Only saving grace being that she sang it live.

RIT was a little slow and mechanical, GS rather unmemorable besides the headdress and back-walking. So BA wins it.

S&S was a bastardised mash-up and only came alive for the audience when the familiar piano kicked in towards the end. Only saving grace being that she sang it live.

Well I think the arrangement had punch & the tectonic inspired choreography was like fresh & like zsat *JPGAULTIER*

I dunno what the sterile UK audiences were like, but in Italy & France the crowds loved it. Obviously the crowd would cheer

at the piano part, it's a great little house break. :fag:

The choreog was 'aight ACKS but kevin (out-of)tunes "lets mash everything up" arrangement was 'ish.

And the ENGLISH audience was quite possibly the worst i've ever experienced quelle surprise

Even the O2?

I went to Manchester for Part 2 (I should have known better after the abominable RIT date where even Madge rolled her eyes out of her sockets at how bad it was)

Surprisingly, both my dates at Earls Court RIT had the best audiences (just luck i'm sure)

Confession time. I never really understood the praise for S&S Vogue. The choreography looks a little awkward, and Im still not a fan of that costume. The mash up is great and the overall visual is cool, but I don't think it's anything too spectacular.

I don't know which one I prefer. I think it would be a mix of "Blond Ambition" and "MDNA". I think the part that Madonna sang on the Superbowl is very good on MDNA tour but after the first chorus til she starts with the "rap"... Well, I think is like "OK, I make the coreography of the Superbowl but for the rest of the song I will walk through the stage doing nothing special". I don't know how to explain it... The first part is great but the rest... On BAT the coreography is just perfection but as someone said here too dark.

I also think that the "Girlie show" versión is great too. S&S one... well, it's not one of my favorites (I like the dance but not the versión) and I think the less good is the "Re-invention tour" one.

1. MDNA / BAT: The best performances and the only ones that really captured the feeling of the video and song imo.

2. VMA / Superbowl: The first one is already a classic. The SB was the first time we heard that mix and she was slaying away, quite literally.

3. S&S: I hate this tour with all my heart, but damn this version is pretty good. Very energetic.

4. RIT: Nice intro.

5: GS: The hinduism stuff didn't really match the song, awkward choreography... Very nice catwalk part though!

Girlie Show is definitely my favourite particularly because it just so amazing and different from the original that just slayed the world just three years earlier. It was the first time I saw her live too. It's a total homage to The King and I in case you didn't know.

But that breakbeat breakdown during the rap was out of control amazing as well as the beat during the post rap 'vogues' that is usually just the piano break. Girlie Show was also pre-screen and all theatrics...she had to work it out because there was nothing else to look at besides her.

MDNA version was lacking something since her entrance was so bombastic. The rest of the choreography (or lack thereof) didn't quite cut it. The costumes were ferocious though...

My fave is RIT just because I love how she says Vogue millions of times after the rap :lol:

Then, S&S. Pure creativity. Sounds fierce!

MDNA is nice, but it's bland. I was excited only during the chorus and the rap. Rest was bland.