Lola pays tribute to Madonna's first vogue cover

Jazzy Jan

I often have a quick look at the Material girl clothing website as they have Madonna news as well as Lola's blog. Anyway, in Lola's blog there is a throwback Thursday section that shows Madonna's first ever Vogue cover and mentions that sales increased by 40 % when she was on the cover. Brings back memories and just confirms what I have always known - people have always been interested in seeing Madonna and reading exclusive interviews with her. The Vogue cover is just stunning.

Lola's blog entry below.

Throwing it back to the Queen’s first Vogue cover shot by Patrick Demarchelier!

Madonna’s first Vogue cover increased the magazine’s sales by 40% in May 1989.

vogue_1989may_madonna_us_first.jpg

Just wondering what is everyone's favourite Madonna magazine cover ? I have so many so I will have to have a think about it and then decide later.

STUNNING ITALIAN BEAUTY!!!

I often have a quick look at the Material girl clothing website as they have Madonna news as well as Lola's blog. Anyway, in Lola's blog there is a throwback Thursday section that shows Madonna's first ever Vogue cover and mentions that sales increased by 40 % when she was on the cover. Brings back memories and just confirms what I have always known - people have always been interested in seeing Madonna and reading exclusive interviews with her. The Vogue cover is just stunning.

Lola's blog entry below.

Throwing it back to the Queen’s first Vogue cover shot by Patrick Demarchelier!

Madonna’s first Vogue cover increased the magazine’s sales by 40% in May 1989.

vogue_1989may_madonna_us_first.jpg

Just wondering what is everyone's favourite Madonna magazine cover ? I have so many so I will have to have a think about it and then decide later.

I believe that cover was a big risk by Anna Wintour because prior to Madonna they had only ever had models on the cover. She was the first celebrity to be featured and it started a the whole thing of putting actresses/musicians on the cover.

I love this one...

tumblr_lw7f68SzAr1qmyd46o1_500.png

Me too! Vanity Fair really do some of the best covers! German magazine Stern have also done some great ones including:

Madonna-Stern-278243.jpg

and I adore this one:

Madonna-Esquire-223417.jpg

Madonna.jpg

Probably not my favorite, but one of my all time favorites. She just looks so different in this photo and I love it. Beautiful, mature, classy.

It almost looks like one of those famous shots of somebody random that has a big story behind it or something. A special moment.