Was Hey You ahead of its time?

acko

I would have loved to have seen the faces of some of you after hearing this turd. :lmao:

Sirius actually played it for a bit so that's where I heard it first. My face reaction was pretty much this.Racheldumbfounded.gif

It's a very nice track. The melody is beautiful, the music is simple and very nice and her voice is pure and very good. I also like the fact that the track has no obvious element of the time it's been released, you cannot really situate it, and it's a great thing for a song cause then it never sound dated, it's kinda timeless. Same for the production, it's not really pop, it has a light touch of urban in the beat, and yet it's a ballad. Last and not least it delivers a very positive from beginning to end.

Guest Rachelle of London

Since you guys started to mention this damn song again, I can't get it out of my head anymore. That's shit.

sameeeee

It's a very nice track. The melody is beautiful, the music is simple and very nice and her voice is pure and very good. I also like the fact that the track has no obvious element of the time it's been released, you cannot really situate it, and it's a great thing for a song cause then it never sound dated, it's kinda timeless. Same for the production, it's not really pop, it has a light touch of urban in the beat, and yet it's a ballad. Last and not least it delivers a very positive from beginning to end.

You are right that fureral marches are kinda timeless.

Guest Not4Pussies

remember back in the day when myspace was relevant and you could add songs to your music player?

well a friend of mine who is a huge mariah fan, had Hey You on his music player playing on his profile

and i was shocked and he told me that he really liked the song for its positive message.

Awful, only sentimental people could like something as awful as Hey You:) but I would say it was ahead of it's time, Madonna had never released anything as shit beforehand ( or since). She must have written it when in a reflective mood, thinking about when she is going to be in a nursing home and incontinent.

I love it! I sing it all the time haha. I wasn't aware of it until years after it came out though when I started to download M's discography

GeorgeDK, on 14 June 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

It's a great song... really sweet :-)

Thank you!!!!

Scrolling down my reaction just before I saw your reaction!

And I agree with Pressston, it's timeless

Edited by Larkspur

I don't think it's a great song. And, no, it's not ahead of it's time. It sounds like a cover of Phoebe Buffay's "Smelly Cat".

Guest bluejean

Yes it was.

Notice how great pop songs with acoustic guitar and clever, inspiring lyrics are coming back now (Taylor Swift etc.) Could be a coincidence but I doubt it!

Also, how many artists have used the words "hey" and "you" since then. Alot!

But the real question remains, is it avant garde? Gugu can answer this for us.