"Madonna" 30th Anniversary Thread: July 27 Is the Day

lasky

still my favorite album, the sound is still very relevant today, I was yesterday at a party for the keith haring exhibition at the museum of modern art here in Paris, the dj played 2 or 3 tracks from early madonna, one was lucky star, and the crowd went wild. This album is pure class & straight from a golden period, the early 80s

parts of that article are literally word for word copied from that (amazing) Channel 4 documentary Madonna : Naked Ambition

its on youtube, watch that.

It was a nice read up until the end. Why do these article always have to end with some negative comment about her current work? It's like they compliment but it's begrudging, the last impression always has to be something negative. The article seems pretty dismissive of all her later work after the first album. I understand the first album is important to a lot of people, but for me it's not my favorite. It's a little too simplistic and one dimensional for me. It's kind of sexist and rude how they compare her to Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. The implication is that if you work hard and are ambitious and you're female that's a bad thing. I don't think it's fair to say there's no inspiration in her current work. I guess this writer never saw the MDNA tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Who would have thought, at the time, that this album would produce such enduring tracks? Especially "Holiday," which is such a brilliant track for the masses. Keep the "celebration" going all of this month. :)

• 3 weeks later...

1982, One of the best pop album ever. 7 tracks out of 8 single-worthy. A collection of hits, could be a best-of. Extremely rare point

The whole album sounds as fresh 30 years after its release. It could be release today. Timeless tracks. Absolutely extremely rare point.

A new singer that has absolutely the whole package ; Beauty, real iconic name, charisma, voice, moves, brain, Cinderella real story and brand new style. Really absolutely extremely rare.

30 years after she's the only 80's survivor, with the top grossing tour of 2012.

Everything is logical.

Nothing to add.

Guest bluejean

I remember for years I didn't know the original cover/title, I just thought The First Album title and cover was it. How awful.

And I remember as I youngster when I saw the original cover thinking that The First Album cover was better.

Gosh kids are so stupid :lol: Thank God I grew up and realised the truth

Omg.. 30 years old...It is incredible.

I will listen to the first album this saturday!