Oops I - guess I shotcha

Apples388

Line 'em up, knock 'em DOWN  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is your love a REVULVAH? Rate it out of 10 then!

Madonna-Revolver-Remixes-499324.jpg

In other words,

What is the official MNAtion opinionata on "Revolver?

You're an ASSESSORRRRYY to murder

CAAAAUSSE

I know this is a poll but I always think polls should be in the main forum to encourage discussion.

In fact I say we scrap the poll forum.

Yeah I'm bad ass like that.

*licks gun*

(Yes I'm perfing the MDNA version - please do join me!)

madonna-revolver-read.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

Love Love Love the song! Do not see why it had gotten so much hate especially from Madonna fans. I wish there was a video, it really couldve done well in the charts, especially with Lil Wayne at that point just crossing over into mainstream commercial music and ridin the success of "Lollipop" and dont get me started on the tour performance! The best!

Guest bluejean

8/10

Love this song. Prefer the album version. The remix is okay but I never listen to it. Never got the obsession with the "vocals being badly mixed." They're fine. I always sing over them anyway :lol:

And yes, it sounds like a Shitney song. But a good Shitney song at that.

The tour performance is amazing. Can't wait to see and hear it in the broadcast.

Yooz we all know that the MDNA Tour turned this into a SAWNG. We love the perf and the DELUXE entrance at the beginning with the rifle and the auto-tune!

Hoops Eye

Guest Assad Judd

My Deacon's Honda Dim Ferm

Had a pulley with Uranium

Cricket

Yooz we all know that the MDNA Tour turned this into a SAWNG

Oh my God I think I just detected a new MigMig thing (to join the ranks of "WHAT ABOUT:" and Share)

And that is - the concept of a SAWNG.

And I do hope your definition comes from an appropriation of the MDNA Tour Version of GGW of course?

DEEJAAY play my FAVOURITE SAWWWWWWWWNGGGGG :clap:

Hoops Eye

Guest Assad Judd

My Deacon's Honda Dim Ferm

Had a pulley with Uranium

Cricket

Anna

Said, "Piston!"

Mother should be a depot

Read, dear, Anna kiddy fit

Cricket

Oh MigMig!! I think we need a Top 10 Madonna SAWNGS thread at some point!!

And as we all know the list would include the likes of

REVOLVER

GIRL GONE WILD

SHE'S NOT ME

BYE BYE BABY

Now hit it!

I liked the song when it was released, and I envisioned a video directed by either Sophie Mueller or Ellen Von Unwerth.

I always thought the song would benefit from a strong visual. I was definitely pleased when I saw MDNA

What separates the songs from the SAWNGS anyway?

There's a number of criteria, like

1. Strong potential for twerking

2. Topping of pussy powder

3. Sprinkling of chutzpah

4. Amalgamation of crow vocals

So by definition the majority of SAWNGS would be post-1997 I'm afraid.

But ultimately it's more of an instinctive feeling init. Like you'd hear the song and you just go "OMG now that's one helluva SAWWWWWNG".

Guest Not4Pussies

The mdna tour performance is great, I love hearing the intro to it right after GGW. Ive always liked the song itself and was a actually a bit surprised she ever recorded this song. I gave it a 7 because of the awful mastering of the song/vocals. If that weren't the case I would give it an 8. A good tune but not one of her greatests. I also enjoy the remixes. You can hear her vocals loud and clear in the Guetta remixes.

really really love this song from first listen... don't know why it's so much hated!!! one of the catchiest she's made in a long time!!!!

Guest bluejean

I remember we all had the demo months before we heard Madonna's version. I remember thinking it was a great song initially.

Love this song about a billion times more than Celebration.

Love the sound, her vocodered voice, Lil Wayne's rap and the David Guetta remixes. SHould have been a single instead of Celebration.

This was a grower with me... At first I didn't like it and avoided it as much as possible. But when the first pics of tour rehearsals appeared with the tagline "My love's a revolver" I revisited it and loved it! And the tour performance sealed the deal, killer track!

I still prefer Celebration though!