Best Rendition of "Like A Virgin"? (Music and Performance)

Guest Lum

LIKE A VIRGIN PERFORMANCES  

114 members have voted

1. 1. MUSICALLY

• The Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl
    • Blond Ambition
    • Girlie Show
    • Confessions
    • Sticky + Sweet
    • MDNA
  2. 2. PERFORMANCE

• Virgin
    • Girl
    • Blond
    • Girlie
    • Confessions
    • S+S
    • MDNA

• 2 weeks later...

I voted BAT both musically and performance, however I love most performances of this song, all of them are better than the album version.

The original VMA's performance was out of this world, M rolling on the floor, the camera going up her dress, the picture of her tits popping out the top is one of my fav pictures of all time, I wish I was old enough to have seen that firsthand

Well noones going to vote for that anyway :lmao:/>

Although you never know with this forum, now that Hard Candy is apparently ahead of its time :lol:/>

Ahead of its time..or too late, the main thing about HC is she was still living in the UK and was in the process of getting divorced from her British husband, so really it's an all American, fuck you England album....I'm not saying she hates England.

Sorry this is virgin thread lets get back to talking about that

I love the MDNA ballad version and I think it was genius to mix it with some of the score to W.E

But I have to say the Confessions one is my favorite - something about it makes you wanna dance in a way that the original doesn't!

Plus, the clean and pristine flashing lights, sexy strapped up outfit and the carousel horse...it was perfection.

I like the BA and CT ones best.

The Girlie Show one is terrible.

I didn't care for the MDNA one either.

Snap! The BA performance is beautiful and I love the horse for CT

However, GS and MDNA performances lost the audience and dragged on. I could see what she was trying to say but they needed a serious edit. I wonder if it was Guy's plan so people would go to the beer and merchandise tents?

• 3 weeks later...

confessions is good.. but BAT seems more "iconic" (i know this word is overused on the web but it's actually deserving in LAV's case) but I think the MDNA one was her more personal & intimate for sure. it's like comparing apples with oranges. they're all amazing in their own way..

Confessions Tour definatly gets my vote!

I actually CAN'T STAND the song Like A Virgin. I think its awful. I dont understand why it got so popular when it came out in the 80's. It got so much more attention than Holiday and Lucky Star and I think those two songs are SOOOO MUCH BETTER.

The only versions of LAV I can listen to is her tour versions. The best one is Confessions. The album version is just BAD.

I'll say MDNA! I';m not the biggest fan of the original, and the MDNA version is beautiful to me! Its a performance and I actually think its in my top 3 Madonna performances, it struck a chord with me

Yes. Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup: