Best Rendition of "Like A Virgin"? (Music and Performance)

Guest Lum

LIKE A VIRGIN PERFORMANCES  

114 members have voted

1. 1. MUSICALLY

• The Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl
    • Blond Ambition
    • Girlie Show
    • Confessions
    • Sticky + Sweet
    • MDNA
  2. 2. PERFORMANCE

• Virgin
    • Girl
    • Blond
    • Girlie
    • Confessions
    • S+S
    • MDNA

The Virgin Tour - Album version mashed with Billie Jean. (

)

Who's That Girl Tour - Shortened album version. (WATCH)

Blond Ambition - Slowed down, tribal-y version. (

)

Girlie Show Tour - Slower, circus-y. (

)

Drowned World Tour - N/A.

Re-Invention Tour - N/A.

Confessions Tour - Modern club-y sound. Confessions-esque. (

)

Sticky and Sweet Tour - Acapella with the audience. (

)

MDNA Tour - Piano rendition. Slower, vulnerable. (

)

The GS one is great- who else could do Marlene Dietrich as she would perform LAV? But is it the best?.

The BAT rendition probably takes the musical aspect; MDNA, performance. Confessions is also very enjoyable.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'll say MDNA! I';m not the biggest fan of the original, and the MDNA version is beautiful to me! Its a performance and I actually think its in my top 3 Madonna performances, it struck a chord with me

god this question haunts me! I HATE the album version, but live it is just amazing, always, even when it's a bit rubbish. The exotic, sexy, stern BAT one is great, even with the croaky vocals, and I love the ridiculous OTT Marlene impression Like a Wirgin, with the cabaret routine. But I think it comes down to the rich, glassy synths of Confessions, with the pummel horse choreography or the heartbreaking MDNA version. I cried at the videos, and I thought I was going to cry in person. I did, but ultimately not because the performance in itself was sad, but because I could feel the entire arena was just in awe of the artistic feat, it was so quiet, and I went into proper fan mode; I just felt like everyone loved her at that moment. But Confessions is ecstatic and majestic in equal measure.

That CT Remix is SLAMMING. Have yall listened to it in fancy headphones? It'll change your life.

The Jose, Luis, & Madonna BA bedroom edition is the best performance though. Like, cmon... there's no contest.

That CT Remix is SLAMMING. Have yall listened to it in fancy headphones? It'll change your life.

The Jose, Luis, & Madonna BA bedroom edition is the best performance though. Like, cmon... there's no contest.

I have to agree with this, on both points. Although the MDNA version is special and emotional, BAT and Confessions get my vote. The BAT version being especially fabulous when accompanied with the Truth or Dare backdrop of potential arrest in the fascist state of Toronto lol.

Of those, BA was the most iconic performance but still overshadowed by the 1984 VMA performance which shot Madonna to Superstar status. Musically, I do love the CT version.

Musically - Confessions.

Performance - Blond Ambition. The definition of "Iconic". No further explanation.

MDNA and GS are tied for a close second.

Making an entire stadium come to a standstill at the vulnerability of that performance...at the age of 53/54.

And doing LAV as Dietrich would have is simply....Genius. No other pop star could even dare attempt such a thing.

Guest bluejean

Well noones going to vote for that anyway :lmao:

Although you never know with this forum, now that Hard Candy is apparently ahead of its time :lol:

I listen to the soundboard of the MDNA version of Like A Virgin religiously. That song and performance are heartbreaking and impactful, while still being inspirational and artistically beautiful. I love it so much, that I think adding Love Spent took away from it. But it's still an amazing performance. My favorite performance of all time.

CT LAV is amazing, especially musically.

Musically, I actually voted for WTG. LAV is a Madonna classic and a classic pop song in general and I think the original arrangement is the best. WTG comes pretty close to that. BA would come in second.

Performance wise, I almost feel guilty voting for BA after having been in the triangle at MDNA. That MDNA performance is the absolute highlight of my live Madonna concert experiences. BUT had I been able to see BA live and be THAT close, I think it may just barely trump MDNA. It doesn't get much better than Madonna furiously humping a red velvet bed with golden cones on her tits. :madonna2:

I like the BA and CT ones best.

The Girlie Show one is terrible.

I didn't care for the MDNA one either.

My favourite would be the one with Britney, Christina and Missy at the music awards, classic......................kidding:) I think that was the only time I hated the song.

I like the studio version, and I think like a virgin ( and express yourself) is one of those songs that translates well to different genres, unlike other songs in her catalogue ( hung up, music and like a prayer) that need to stick to the original versions.

Guest bluejean

I think Music worked in its other incarnations. But aside from that I agree with you. Some songs don't work reinvented, others do.

Virgin Tour - Musically and Blond for that iconic performance .

YES MA'AM !!