acko

1. her face is perfect
2. her tiny vocals r cute
3. the way she rules a stadium is LIFE
4. those stairs & stage r everythang
5. I don't even mind the Phil Collins arrangement

GODDESS.

The End.

Oh & the camera work is so much better than what those dutch wankers shot 4 Ciao Italia.

I love this performance! This tour gets overshadowed a lot but there are some great performances all the way through including the epic ITG and wonder LIB.

This shows how rock versions work so long as she doesn't just stand there with the guitar trying to remember the chords.

Guest bluejean

the epic ITG

Yes. The arrangement of this is so good.

This tour is really very good for its time. I feel like she has more energy, is more raw and projects a bigger superstar persona than in BAT. BAT is of course better but it's more theatrical. This show is a very classic rock star performance. It's pretty much all about her explosive performance. She's like a rocket bursting on stage and she doesn't stop through the whole thing, running back and fourth and really giving herself to the crowd. She's never matched this energy since.

Yes. The arrangement of this is so good.

This tour is really very good for its time. I feel like she has more energy, is more raw and projects a bigger superstar persona than in BAT. BAT is of course better but it's more theatrical. This show is a very classic rock star performance. It's pretty much all about her explosive performance. She's like a rocket bursting on stage and she doesn't stop through the whole thing, running back and fourth and really giving herself to the crowd. She's never matched this energy since.

I think energywise, GS was a good mix of this & BAT-like theatricality, plus the music was so fucking vibrant.

It's amazing to see how many crowds she drew back then even though - let's face it - there were many other artists around with much better tours on the road at that time, at least in terms of production.

It's amazing to see how many crowds she drew back then even though - let's face it - there were many other artists around with much better tours on the road at that time, at least in terms of production.

:confused: WTG was actually considered, spectacular & theatrical at the time.

Prince had his SOTT, which had an over the top stage. Bowie did the hideously

overproduced Glass Spider & MJ's Bad tour had little prodcution & drew mainly from his

brilliant physical performance. So really, as far solo acts were concerned, this was IT.

I wish I'd been able to see WTG. 1985-87 were such amazing years to be a Madonna fan. To have seen her live with thousands of other fans singing those fantastic songs must have been incredible. Although seeing BA three years later kind of made up for it.

You have to remember it was her first World Tour and it came after True Blue which was immensely successful so it was a huge event in the media along with her jogging in the park etc.

I saw this tour when it came to Leeds but I have to admit, I was half way back and she was a little dot dancing around so I was a little disappointed. However, the crowd did sing 'Get Your Tits Out For The Lads' and it was the day before her birthday so we all sang happy birthday so that was fun.

I still think her first four tours were the best as there was a real live element. I think she's lost the real live feel with the band being tucked away and all the performances but no real crowd interaction.

I always loved that pause she did during her Holiday performances. It was great to see her do it again on DWT after being absent from the touring scene for so many years.

1. her face is perfect

2. her tiny vocals r cute

3. the way she rules a stadium is LIFE

4. those stairs & stage r everythang

5. I don't even mind the Phil Collins arrangement

GODDESS.

The End.

Oh & the camera work is so much better than what those dutch wankers shot 4 Ciao Italia.

[Karbatal]Madonna was great in the eighties but Donna and Nikki are perfection! They made this performance for me.[/Karbatal]

UM. WOW. I'm floored right now, so here are some key points.

That 80's Madonna energy just cannot be matched. She was so electric!

This may just be the best performance of Holiday I've seen yet. It IS the best performance of Holiday I've seen yet.

6:54 - 7:01 is BEYOND ICONIC.

I love that lil' bop/ hop/ skip/ walk thing she does all over the stage :rotfl:

Guest bluejean

I think energywise, GS was a good mix of this & BAT-like theatricality, plus the music was so fucking vibrant.

True, I was thinking that too. However Girlie feels more intimate still and she's not throwing herself to the audience like this the whole way through. In parts the energy in matched. But then it lacks that crowd pleaser element WTGT has in the setlist too. Not that I'm saying WTGT is better but it's such a family/casual fan rock concert. She'd never do this now. Sticky was the closest thing to it since IMO. It's grand but very of its time. She's progressed a lot but I think seeing this show would have been a great memory cos it's so raw and just solely about Madonna. The superstar. No stunts. No gimmicks.

Always absolutely loved that Japan show. Better in every way than Ciao Italia, except maybe the crowd.

Will never get this bizarre correlation with Sticky & Sweet. One hit packed, live Madonna raw realness, the other tired, revisited, mashed-up calculated fakery.

Always absolutely loved that Japan show. Better in every way than Ciao Italia, except maybe the crowd.

Will never get this bizarre correlation with Sticky & Sweet. One hit packed, live Madonna raw realness, the other tired, revisited, mashed-up calculated fakery.

Really? For me the vocals and her look was neater and cleaner for italia

Really? For me the vocals and her look was neater and cleaner for italia

She looks about 20 years older in Ciao Italia & it contains vocals from japan & Firenze.