I just finished making my list.

I completed one list that featured 40 songs that I like from the top of my head.

Then I made another list based on the 40 most played Madonna songs in my itunes library.

Then I took the 2 lists, whatever songs were featured on both lists, I added into a new list. With this new list I had 14 songs, so I went back to the remaining tracks left from the previous two lists and added in what felt right to me, leaving me with a satisfied top 40 list :)

tumblr_m7s5wrRlyw1r1pylao1_500.gif

I'm down to 93... I refuse to cut down! I refuse!

I think I'm gonna have to try Whoopiedo's approach and first create a list off the top of my head. That may help cut the "crap" (for example, hits I may be leaving in just because they were so huge, songs that are good but I don't connect to as much, etc).

ahhhhh

Guest bluejean

Omg I just did my list on my phone cos my computer is getting repaired and then I accidentally deleted it argh.

I had them ranked too, God it was hard. Thank God I don't have to do that again :lol:

My top 40 broken down in albums:

Madonna - 2

Like a Virgin - 1

True Blue - 3

Like a Prayer - 2

I'm Breathless - 1

Erotica - 1

Bedtime Stories - 0

Ray of Light - 2

Music - 4

American Life - 3

Confessions on a Dance Floor - 5

Hard Candy - 5

MDNA - 7

Non-studio-album songs - 4

Sorry but I will post it here (GGW voice... "forgive me"...)

In no particular order:

1. LAP

2. EY

3. Vogue

4. TUTR

5. Holiday

6. Physical Attraction

7. ITG

8. PDP

9. LIB

10. ROL

11. Lucky Star

12. Love Spent

13. OYH

14. Waiting

15. TAB

16. Secret

17. Frozen

18. Music

19. DTM

20. WIFLFAG

21. Jump

22. GT

23. 4M

24. Candy Shop

25. DW/SFL

26. CFY

27. TUTBMP

28. HU

29. Borderline

30. TB

31. Cherish

32. Masterpiece

33. Rain

34. Deeper and Deeper

35. IRBYL

36. Swim

37. IWY

38. WTG

39. BS

40. BGO

M - 4

LAV era - 2

TB - 5

WTG - 1

LAP - 3

IB - 1

E - 3

BS - 3

STR - 1

ROL - 4

Music - 3

COADF - 3

HC - 3

MDNA - 3

Other tracks/singles - 2

Guest PRPapi

This was surprisingly difficult and daunting to do! But, I did it and submitted it to you, Whoopiedoo.

My Mathematical Strategy:

1. Made a list of all the M songs I like from each of her albums, and included non-album songs I liked (140 in total! Damn.);

2. I, then, made a list of songs that (a) are just average (relative to other M songs, of course); (b) I like; and C) I LOVE (99 songs I either like or love!);

3. From that list, I took the "like" and the "love" songs and, then, using a 1 to 10 scale, I ranked how I felt about each song;

4. I made a list consisting ONLY of songs rated 9 or above. There were about 60! From there, I had to cut about 20;

(To further differentiate, I made a sub-listing amongst songs rated a 10 - a list of songs that were 10+ (beyond perfection) - LOL! Those were 15.);

6. I included a list of only 10 and 10+ songs, and then added the best of the rated 9 songs underneath (the other 9's that didn't make it were demoted to 8's) and, VOILA! My Top 40 list was done. And, finally...

7. I added my comments to the top 15 "10+" songs.

And, that's it. :) Nice little excercise, there, Whoopie. Thanks for the idea!

Edited by PRPapi

No problem! And thankyou for all the write ups you did! I think everyone is going to enjoy reading them!!! :)

No problem! And thankyou for all the write ups you did! I think everyone is going to enjoy reading them!!! :)

Were we meant to write stuff about the songs on top of our lists?

I found the exercise quite easy. As remixes weren't allowed, I just thought if I were on a desert island and had to listen to just the album mixes, what songs would I go for.

Were we meant to write stuff about the songs on top of our lists?

It wasn't required, but It would have been nice if everyone could make a paragraph for at least one song.

When the list is revealed in a month, it will feature a write up for each song. It'll look cool, but that's how it was for the last top 40 the forum had years ago.

Guest bluejean

I can do some write ups when the list is compiled and you tell me what songs need them :lol:

How many people have voted now? More people need to get on it. Don't just stand there lets get to it!

20 people have voted so far. It's a good amount, but it would be better if we could get 20+ more.

If you feel uncomfortable PMing me, you can just post it here.

20 people have voted so far. It's a good amount, but it would be better if we could get 20+ more.

If you feel uncomfortable PMing me, you can just post it here.

maybe once you get the top 40 from all the lazy bastards who do not have a life and enroll in such a predicament, you could post the 40 chosen songs that made the cut and then we could rank them ...now that we don't have a life we can go on with the pattern...lol

My top 40 broken down in albums:

Madonna - 2

Like a Virgin - 1

True Blue - 3

Like a Prayer - 2

I'm Breathless - 1

Erotica - 1

Bedtime Stories - 0

Ray of Light - 2

Music - 4

American Life - 3

Confessions on a Dance Floor - 5

Hard Candy - 5

MDNA - 7

Non-studio-album songs - 4

:wow:

If I ever get to doing this, this is probably what mine will look like.

If I ever get to doing this, this is probably what mine will look like.

"If I ever...."? Oh no no, you WILL be doing this! ;) :dita:

It's official!!! All 12 tracks from Hard Candy have received at least 1 vote! It's bonus track even received a vote!

Along with HC, everything from American Life and Confessions on a Dance floor have all received at least one vote as well!!

Guest Rachelle of London

I was afraid you weren't going to do it! Thank you!

Haha I'm the most indecisive person ever, you should see all my scrap pieces of paper that I've gone through hahaha

It's official!!! All 12 tracks from Hard Candy have received at least 1 vote! It's bonus track even received a vote!

Along with HC, everything from American Life and Confessions on a Dance floor have all received at least one vote as well!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: