Did Madonna really "deserve" a Razzie for her role in "Four Rooms"?

Apples388

I know she was on a "winning" streak back then and everything she touched film-wise turned into, er, a Razzie.. but was she really that bad in this? I didn't think so Certainly not deserving of a Razzie win! Maybe a nomination, okay, but not a win, surely?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVACj0LuIop

No. She did what she did best by playing herself, a caricature of herself. Anyways I never understand those awards. Why award films that flopped at the box office and are virtually unknown?

No one these days even know about Four Rooms.

The sad thing is that those awards are actually taken seriously. Every entertainment programme around the Oscars is also having a report about the Razzies or at least mentions the "winners". So their vote very much becomes public opinion. And that's very much the case with Madonna. Worst supporting actress for DAD with 90 seconds screentime? Worst actress of the last century? Really? Too bad that no one seems to question who these people actually are. Who are those industry experts that vote? Well, it could be anyone. Just go to their homepage and register for your lifetime membership. It only costs a few bucks. I think it's pretty safe to say that most of the members are a bunch of jealous people, the same you find in the comment section of a Daily Mail article, of a Youtube video, on Facebook and Twitter spewing their negativity. It's an instrument that gives them some kind of power all of a sudden. A power over people that have achieved more in their lifes and have more importánt things to say than they ever will. It's pathetic. Point is most of those members who think they know all about filmmaking and therefore should be heard will never get what the "worst actress of the century" already is. A f*cking member the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences.

Well Sandra Bullock won the worst actress razzie the same year she won the best actress Oscar so....

Madge has deserved some of those Razzies just fine-but, consider this: She got nominated as Worst Actress for Truth or Dare. :) Some years, they just nominated her for the sake of nominating her.

However, they wisely did not nominate her for Evita.

Guest Pud Whacker

I know she was on a "winning" streak back then and everything she touched film-wise turned into, er, a Razzie.. but was she really that bad in this? I didn't think so Certainly not deserving of a Razzie win! Maybe a nomination, okay, but not a win, surely?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVACj0LuIop

no, she was marvelous in it.

Guest Not4Pussies

i thought she was ok, there is a scene in the movie though that cracks me up

her facial expression is priceless.

Did w.e get any nominations for directing?

Nope.

Maybe they thought she couldn't get anymore attention, therefore they had decided to leave her alone for good.

No i didn't think she was bad in that movie. But people always LOVE to bash her movie career, it's a bandwagon effect. I remember when i first heard about W.E, i just knew it was going to be a commercial and critical failure just because it was from Madonna. And i was right. It's SO typical.