MDNA Tour Screening! NYC

Guest Rachelle of London

Guest Rachelle of London

drama in the MDNA camp! some tour members are upset that they never got an invite! eek

Guest Rachelle of London

She has grown taller!

Dont know the shoes situation regarding her and Debi, but it actually is not uncommon for a woman to grow a few inches after having children, my mum went from 5ft4 to 5ft6 after childbirth, no lie

Not only were there close-ups, the close-ups were fantastic. Having been one of the last to be seated, we were seated amongst industry people in the orchestra level, not with the winners who were in the balcony & I heard a collective WOW during the close-up on Gang Bang when she goes to the bed & sits down & takes that drink. She looked so beautiful & so fierce. Many close-ups that captured great facial expressions and most importantly, she's gorgeous in all of them.

As for the voice, as I said in a previous post, regardless of whether she actually sang it live or not in the actual concert, all throughout the film, the vocals sounded, looked & felt live. Even TOTR which was not her best vocal performance during the shows, she sounded wonderful so obviously it was tweaked but it didn't look or sound tweaked. Vogue was obviously lipped during the concerts but again in the film, it felt, looked & sounded live. They did a masterful job on this regard throughout the film. I'm pretty sure, for those industry people there who never saw her live, they walked away thinking she did the concert completely live.

And yes the whole intro is intact.

OMG thank you so much, loved all of your reports!

Especially this last detailed one

I am so happy because even live she sings most of the concert for real, sometimes better than in other parts. But she really does make a huge effort every time and never takes anything for granted. For this tour I was dreading they'd go into overproduction either visually a la CT or sound wise a la Sticky. Glad it isn't the case judging by what people in general reported here, and you and Supernatural in particular. I was fearing for GGW we'd have an awkward out of synch lipping

One last thing regarding the close ups, when you say her face looks gorgeous, does it look gorgeous naturally or puffy and whitened out like in some of the screencaps from Vogue we had seen a couple of weeks ago? Her CT face close ups were simply superb and she looked beyond gorgeous

And I guess the very last question would be about the colouring and if the show really feels like a coherent unit rather than a mashup of songs each treated to a different editing style

Anyway thanks to anyone who has reported so far!!!

Xxl the editing is coherent..

For example lav is black and whitr but they ease you in with black and white clips the 2 songs prior

Thank u dear, it all sounds so great and magnificent, I can't wait :dramatic:

Hope some of you lucky US fans who get to watch this on Sat will rip it and share it with us unEPIX mortals here

OMG thank you so much, loved all of your reports!

Especially this last detailed one

I am so happy because even live she sings most of the concert for real, sometimes better than in other parts. But she really does make a huge effort every time and never takes anything for granted. For this tour I was dreading they'd go into overproduction either visually a la CT or sound wise a la Sticky

Glad it isn't the case judging by what people in general reported here, and you and Supernatural in particular. I was fearing for GGW we'd have an awkward out of synch lipping

One last thing regarding the close ups, when you say her face looks gorgeous, does it look gorgeous naturally or puffy and whitened out like in some of the screencaps from Vogue we had seen a couple of weeks ago? Her CT face close ups were simply superb and she looked beyond gorgeous

And I guess the very last question would be about the colouring and if the show really feels like a coherent unit rather than a mashup of songs each treated to a different editing style

Anyway thanks to anyone who has reported so far!!!

To me, the editing was coherent even if it was obviously a careful piecing together of different shows. It's not like S&S where you say, what the hell, didn't they notice that? Here you know it was done on purpose. There's one quick second during Gang Bang when she bows her head & she suddenly has bangs (like her poof suddenly fell down to her face) & the next scene is her looking up & her poof was perfectly back up. Of course, she must have noticed that but she put it in on purpose probably to emphasize the frenzy of the whole performance. Little nuances like this or the obvious difference in the costume which you'll notice but it does not in any way make the editing incoherent. To me, the difference between this film & her other concert DVDs is that you can see her personal touch & attention to detail in trying to convey her vision. Yes, the first part was extremely dark & violent but that was the vision she wanted to convey & cinematically, it worked.

As for the close-up, she looked the way she looked on the show. I was at the Golden Circle twice & the way she looked live is the way she looked on the film. In other words, gorgeous but not perfect.

I am blown away. Her face. Wow. I don't know what happened but now she looks perfect. No puffiness anymore, no big cheeks anymore, this is just Madonna, the face we've always known but really younger. She already looked amazing at the Met gala so i really think the Chime for change thing was due to the long flight.

Wow i really can't get over her stunning face. And her Marlene look is fantastic. I really love the fact that she gets new personna for almost every new event like she was know for, punk at the met, glamour at the billboards, Dietrich yesterday... it's like she loves again to play with her look.

I could go on and on but yes, i think what's coming in the future will be amazing. The next era will be fantastic mark my words.

I know I shouldn't be reading the comments on that site, but these two posts really pissed me off. I would reply but my hands are shaking from anger.

Madonna's whole career has been built on plagiarism and homage. How many homages does one woman want to make in her career? Madonna fans argue that her critics just don't understand her "art" but there is NOTHING arty, clever or genius about simply taking ideas (art direction, make-up, hairstyles, clothes, poses, etc.) from decades ago and recreating them in near-exact detail. It's all mistakenly referred to as her so-called "reinvention" or "constantly evolving image". Even her cone bra and SEX book was lifted heavily from Irving Klaw's work with Bettie Page in the 50s. Marlene Dietrich (and Bette Davis) despised Madonna with a passion. Madonna has actually paid "homage" to Marlene multiple times in her career. Marlene dressing as a man in the 1930s was groundbreaking, Madonna doing it in the 1990s and again today isn't. A lot of Madonna fans are so uneducated when it comes to popular culture that they fail to realise most of what Madonna's done has been done before.

"Marlene Dietrich despised Madonna for this exact reason. Madonna has zero ideas of own and has spent her entire career pinching those of other people's. Remember "Vogue"? Well the music video is a "homage" to photographer Horst P. Horst. as well as Carole Lombard and Katherine Hepburn. The single cover artwork is a blatant rip-off of a famous Marilyn Monroe underwear pose from the 1950s (another old school Hollywood star Madonna took her love for to such lengths that she basically became a walking, talking Marilyn tribute act). The "iconic" dress Madonna wore in the "Vogue" music video is the exact same dress Nastassja Kinski wore way back in 1983. Even the song itself is a complete rip-off of the 1989 song "Deep in Vogue" by Malcolm Mclaren. A whole supposedly iconic moment in Madonna's career that was born out of simply recreating former original ideas done years before by other people. Ooh how genius. Madonna's career is nothing more than one homage after another"

Why bother? Anyway I posted the link only for the video

FMB, I was always the same as you. Used to get so angry reading the comments from the Daily Fail and Huffington Post. Now, though I just don't read them. Those idiots are not worth your precious time and their comments are always full of hate and ignorance. The truth is, none of these idiots are going to come anywhere near remotely achieving anything like Madonna. As you said, they are just negative Nancy's and Debbie Downers.

Anyway, here we all know the truth. Madonna is the ultimate superstar and always will be.