MDNA Tour Screening! NYC

Guest Rachelle of London

If anyone is interested, I wrote a review of the screening that you can read here : Review : The MDNA Tour Screening (Including Video from the Q & A)

Amazing review. thank you so much!!

These are my favourite, most mouth-watering parts

I will say that the film is unlike any Madonna concert DVD that has ever been produced. Fans will be happy to know that the sound mix is incredible. Madonna’s voice is strong, clear, and not overly processed. The sound in the movie theatre was spectacular, and the mix has added several details that weren’t exactly noticeable in the live show.

The editing is beautifully cinematic. There are very few of the choppy half second shots that define the Sticky and Sweet Tour DVD. There are stunning closeups, some of which last over 10 seconds. The sweeping cameras angles provide dramatic and unique shots. Hung Up features footage from what seems to be a ceiling camera, giving us angles of the show that the audience never saw.

The concept seems that they are showing “THE MDNA TOUR” as it was, it all its forms, not just as it was in Miami. It was a tribute to the entire tour. If the lack of continuity was intentional – it must have been, right – then by the end you start to realize the concept they are going for. The tour is not just a metaphorical journey from darkness to light – it is a physical journey that evolved over 88 shows. The editing is a nod to to that evolution.

And this tells you exactly why Madonna has lasted so long, the most important reviews always come from her fans. And they always signal that she truly cares a great deal about her work and about them. Never was one like her before, never ever will be another one like her

Billy, thanks for sharing a marvelous review. Loved the Q&A and how relaxed she was up there. She has always inspired me with her commitment and passion.

And this tells you why Madonna has lasted so long, the most important reviews always come from her fans. And they always signal that she truly cares a great deal about her work and about them. Never was one like her before, never ever will be another one like her

:clap: :clap: :clap:

tumblr_monrn4LSzt1r0wghco1_1280.png

I'm really not understanding just how she can look so amazing. It defies logic. It defies BIOLOGY!

ASTONISHING BEAUTY.

It's been a while since I was impressed by Madonna in the look department. Ok, I am right now. This pic is everything, please come back with good songs & keep playing with your look Madonna <3

I remember at some pt in her career, she said that she was no longer intrested in fashion n would leave it to the new generation (American life?) after her divorce, it is a changed person...her fashion sense is back, n she is once a gain controversial.

I'm really not understanding just how she can look so amazing. It defies logic. It defies BIOLOGY!

ASTONISHING BEAUTY.

I can´t with her face. She is just so incredible beautiful. She should be Marlene Dietrich in cinema! what Hollywood is waiting??? She is just too perfect for the job!!!

Guest bluejean

I remember at some pt in her career, she said that she was no longer intrested in fashion n would leave it to the new generation (American life?) after her divorce, it is a changed person...her fashion sense is back, n she is once a gain controversial.

I think it has alot to do with her having teenagers. I remember my Mum changed when my sister and I were teenagers and started dressing differently and being more social. More freedom. And also Lourdes is so into fashion and I think that inspires M and vice versa.

After all, I guess she is like everyone else...lol people have more time and spend more time on their look being single. Lol

Madonna isn't technically single :chuckle:

so I have a question for those who saw the screening.. are there some huge audience shots in it as well? im not expecting the great "madooooooonaaaaa" moment of SS but some great shots of the huge latin american crowds in the stadium would be pretty dope ;)

Guest Not4Pussies

It's her new attitude, its her not being married and that new amazing makeup artist. he has nailed it everytime he has done her face

so I have a question for those who saw the screening.. are there some huge audience shots in it as well? im not expecting the great "madooooooonaaaaa" moment of SS but some great shots of the huge latin american crowds in the stadium would be pretty dope ;)

i remember a huge audience shot at the beginning

Sorry...I'm still raving but this could literally be taken from the 1990's Vogue era. They could literally intersperse the Vogue video with clips of her as she appeared here and it wouldn't look out of place. It's shocking how fresh and natural she looks. She must have Lisle from Death Becomes Her on speed dial!