MDNA Tour Screening! NYC

Guest Rachelle of London

YOU GUYS.

Someone just found me on Facebook that was at the same show as me and said that she used the clip of me + her during Like A Prayer.

:ohmy::cries: This is too much for meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you remember any of the q&a's?

oh I figured that was reported by now lol, honestly all the questions sucked and I was zoning out, then someone asked about ner next project and she said it was a secret, everyone started yelling, someone asked if it was a song and she sort of just hesitated, then she said "well I can show you a trailer but I have to get off the stage", she left and a short trailer played, whatever it is (no clue) it looks interesting. x-static process-ish

Can't really judge though until I see it myself

My thoughts exactly. I am still buying this DVD regardless. And I saw it live twice, so I am not going to nit-pick this one to death. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and nothing will ever ruin that memory.

YOU GUYS.

Someone just found me on Facebook that was at the same show as me and said that she used the clip of me + her during Like A Prayer.

:ohmy::cries: This is too much for meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmm I did see a couple of really young guys in there, they got a lot of fans in!

Friend of mine who attended felt the editing of whole show was a mess and also mentioned TUTR (sleeves/no sleeve) issue. Sad truth is everyone will find something to bitch about. Personally, I could give two shits about her tour outfits but I would at least like some consistency on the DVD without making it blatantly obvious. Can't really judge though until I see it myself but audio seems promising..

I saw a flurry of activity in the audience when sleeves/ no sleeves happened

No not same person. I don't know who that is. But guess now 2 peeps have same opinion lol

is that the same guy who whined about the costumes/edits on twitter? madonnashomeboy? maybe it's just him & no one else complaining lol ;)

Guest bluejean

Sounds interesting. I'm sure it's not as bad as some people are making out.

Any frizzy hair in TUTR? I don't understand why they couldn't just use the Olympia footage for that song if the continuity was such a problem. Like a Prayer sounds like it works.

review i found:

I just got back from an amazing night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dvd looks fucking amazing. Loved the editing, and LOVED the VOCALS! Finally a decent dvd. The GGW preview we got was def the center audio track because it does not sound like that.

When Lourdes entered with her bf, I smiled at her and she smiled back at me! Damn, that girl looks gorgeous! I didnt get to see M up close because as she was entering we were all told to go to our seats. icon_sad.gif but I was on the balcony literally right on top of her!! I'll post a full review of my experience tomorrow. What a magical night, I never thought that after seeing the show four times in person (once in the triangle) I would actually attend a screening with M herself!

I was literally right next to the asshole who asked about having Rocco on tour with her.

Also, why did Martha Steward leave before M even arrived??????

Who were the fans in the first row that M recognized????

jamesy is raving about it on twitter too

No not same person. I don't know who that is. But guess now 2 peeps have same opinion lol

haha ok, i thought the same "review" may have been doing the rounds ;) oh well thanks for letting us know ;)

if they say the dvd is made up of different shows ....then why is ANYONE freaking out over inconsistent outfits in the same song! lol

fuck man

otherwise EXCITED WITH THE REST OF U!!!!

if they say the dvd is made up of different shows ....then why is ANYONE freaking out over inconsistent outfits in the same song! lol

fuck man

otherwise EXCITED WITH THE REST OF U!!!!

Exactly! It's this DVD's concept anyway! It's supposed to look like it's different shows -.-' LOL

because they don't get that it's supposed to be different shows (though, yes, before you get to TUTR that's not totally obvious, but as the show goes on it is.)

Guest bluejean

Because its obvious they came up with the "concept" AFTERWARD. They were left with no other way to do it after the Miami debacle.

Anyway, whatever. I can't wait to see it. I'm sure it's amazing. And we get proper vocals this time

Is Gang Bang everything? :wow:

The filming of Gang Bang in particular was masterful. The close-ups were incredible. The visuals & audio were so on point on every scene that I was practically at the edge of my seat from the tension & violence. I thought Gang Bang & Vogue were the two best filmed performances although I may change my mind when I see it again cuz everything was soooo good. LAV/Love Spent was also edited very well, not overly long but poignant & powerful & artful but not cheesy with the addition of some black & white stills. Surely one of the audience favorite of the night. And one more thing, whether she sang live on specific songs in the actual concert or not, on this film, to me, EVERY song not only sounded live, it LOOKED live. I didn't notice one instance where it was obvious that the audio did not match the visual (unlike previous DVDs). My only VERY minor flaw is the audience at some points were unnecessarily too loud. I would give this film a definite A-, in my opinion, the best filmed Madonna DVD.

The filming of Gang Bang in particular was masterful. The close-ups were incredible. The visuals & audio were so on point on every scene that I was practically at the edge of my seat from the tension & violence. I thought Gang Bang & Vogue were the two best filmed performances although I may change my mind when I see it again cuz everything was soooo good. LAV/Love Spent was also edited very well, not overly long but poignant & powerful & artful but not cheesy with the addition of some black & white stills. Surely one of the audience favorite of the night. And one more thing, whether she sang live on specific songs in the actual concert or not, on this film, to me, EVERY song not only sounded live, it LOOKED live. I didn't notice one instance where it was obvious that the audio did not match the visual (unlike previous DVDs). My only VERY minor flaw is the audience at some points were unnecessarily too loud. I would give this film a definite A-, in my opinion, the best filmed Madonna DVD.

Good enough for me *.*

btw, how is Like A Prayer? Does it work with so many different shows on it?

It looked to me like it mostly came from one show, there was maybe one shot of Madonna that seemed like it was from another show (from my memory), it seemed a little more obvious the audience was from diff places, I remember thinking what a cute kid, wonder if that's our Lum!

And one more thing, whether she sang live on specific songs in the actual concert or not, on this film, to me, EVERY song not only sounded live, it LOOKED live. I didn't notice one instance where it was obvious that the audio did not match the visual (unlike previous DVDs).

agreed!

It looked to me like it mostly came from one show, there was maybe one shot of Madonna that seemed like it was from another show (from my memory), it seemed a little more obvious the audience was from diff places, I remember thinking what a cute kid, wonder if that's our Lum!

:laugh: Was he wearing a striped shirt?

God, I am so excited to see this DVD now.

I can't wait for saturday to get here! I'm happy for all of you that got to go tonight, and thank you for keeping us all updated! :superman:

It was obvious if not even deliberate to show that some shots were from different shows. On TOTR for example, the scenes were switching from her European outfit to her US outfit. It doesn't take anything away from the filmi cuz it's obvious that that was how it was intended.