"Ami nécessaire" Rupert Everett talks Madonna

XXL

I just find it really odd, where they even still friends at the time? Plus, if someone becomes a child's godparent, then that child was baptized, why do I not remember any news about David being baptized?

I just find it really odd, where they even still friends at the time? Plus, if someone becomes a child's godparent, then that child was baptized, why do I not remember any news about David being baptized?

Like Chelle says she gave an interview at the time (not sure if it's the Paris Match one) explaining why she chose Rupert as David's godfather and basically she said she was inspired by his charity work in that region, plus they were still on very good terms at the time, end of 2006 and for the whole of 2007.

I really have no idea why he made a U turn post divorce (and not even an explicit one but sort of always hinting at it, kind of passive-aggressive). In 2009 he gave an interview to the Guardian mentioning Madonna dating a 23-year-old and saying that GOOP is a bitch basically. I think it's the one where he advised young gay actors to not come out of the closet if they still want to have a career in Hollywood

Guest bluejean

I really have no idea why he made a U turn post divorce (and not even an explicit one but sort of always hinting at it, kind of passive-aggressive).

Because he couldn't get work and needed the money

Wait so Rupert Everett is David's godfather, even though he was adopted in 2006 they they haven't been friends since 2000/2001?

Or Guy is David's godfather and Sting is Rocco's?

They have been friends till way post 2000/2001. They dined at the Ivy and went to see a play in London starring Gael Garcia Bernal in spring 2005. He said that Elton was turning into a cranky sad queen because he said Madonna should be shot for charging £160 for RIT

Guest bluejean

They have been friends till way post 2000/2001. They dined at the Ivy and went to see a play in London starring Gael Garcia Bernal in spring 2005. He said that Elton was turning into a cranky sad queen because he said Madonna should be shot for charging £160 for RIT

Takes one to know one I guess

The day she discovered he was a rabid hard drug user with no intention of getting clean is probably when she cut him out of her life - like she did to all the others with the same affliction. Whatever year that was. Oh and when he told her he was writing a book and she would be in it, which I think is the last time she ever really spoke to him.

Guest bluejean

The 2 things Madonna hates the most. People talking about her to the press or including her in their books and drug addiction.

Like Kim said, i think she moves on once she realises that the other person has no interest in getting better or clean.

We have seen this many times with Cristopher, Anthony, Rupert just to name a few.

Guest bluejean

Like Kim said, i think she moves on once she realises that the other person has no interest in getting better or clean.

We have seen this many times with Cristopher, Anthony, Rupert just to name a few.

Who is Anthony?

I believe Madonna would try to help these people but if she can't help them she just gives up. I can totally understand that, she has all the money/resources in the world. If that can't save them nothing can.

Guest Rachelle of London

Who is Anthony?

I believe Madonna would try to help these people but if she can't help them she just gives up. I can totally understand that, she has all the money/resources in the world. If that can't save them nothing can.

Big Brother, homeless one

Oh, I just never heard that about David having a Godfather...but I do remember reports of him being Rocco's godfather here :confused:

& they would always show that stupid image of Rupert going in2 church the day before M's wedding.

Anyway, Rupert said Madonna cut him off after he let her read the parts about her of his book

Guest bluejean

Oh, I just never heard that about David having a Godfather...but I do remember reports of him being Rocco's godfather here :confused:

& they would always show that stupid image of Rupert going in2 church the day before M's wedding.

Anyway, Rupert said Madonna cut him off after he let her read the parts about her of his book

That first book he sounded like an obsessed stalker fan. She probably got a restraining order after reading that.

Guest Rachelle of London

Remember Rupert got to the church late and missed the ceremony, the pic of him going in was taken a few mins before Guy and Madonna came out with Rocco hahahaha

Because he couldn't get work and needed the money

Eheh

Poor life-with-my-sister-madonna Christopher needed the money more than Rupert ever did

Remember Rupert got to the church late and missed the ceremony, the pic of him going in was taken a few mins before Guy and Madonna came out with Rocco hahahaha

Yeah I remember Rupert around for both the Wedding and the Christening

But it was also very public at the time that Sting had been chosen as Rocco's godfather

Maybe we can add Sandra and a couple others to that list too

:chuckle:

And what he wrote in the first one was way less idiotic than saying that after TNBT he stopped having a career :rolleyes: He was paid $8m to star in a movie with Kathy Bates in 2003 and then there was only the biggest cartoon franchise in the history of Hollywood, plus a lot of other films/theatre work and stuff he wrote and that was ages after 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding

I had met many stars. At 17 I had sat with David Bowie downstairs at the Embassy Club and been lectured on the mystical potential hidden in the number seven. At 18 I had dined at La Coupole in Paris with Andy Warhol and Bianca Jagger. I had sniffed poppers with Hardy Amies on the dance floor of Munkberrys. I had done blow with Steve Rubell and Halston at Studio 54 . . . Yet everything was a pale imitation of the impact Madonna had as she walked from a car across a sidewalk and into a restaurant. Even before she arrived, as I was still sitting there waiting with Sean and Mel, there was a flurry outside. Two people knocked against the window of the restaurant, like leaves in a strong gust of wind that blew open the door, and the Immaculate Conception was among us.

She was raucous but poised, elegant but common. She had the cupid-bow lips of a silent screen star, and it was obvious that she was playing with Sean’s cock throughout the meal. In those early years there was no male who would not fuck her. Time stands still for a superstar.

:chuckle:

And what he wrote in the first one was way less idiotic than saying that after TNBT he stopped having a career :rolleyes: He was paid $8m to star in a movie with Kathy Bates in 2003 and then there was only the biggest cartoon franchise in the history of Hollywood, plus a lot of other films/theatre work and stuff he wrote and that was ages after 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding

I know, inspite of what's being said...hasbeen, this that...he's still always working. Wether

it's tv, a play or something else. Sure he's no longer leading man material...which he only was

4 about 15 minutes 2 begin with...but djeez count ur

lucky stars u bitter old Eltonesque cunt. U've got it made! Life's good.

October 2004

I don't understand what he's got against her because this is the second time he's stuck into her a bit. That seems really unfair to me. Listen, any singer who dances all the time, you don't have the breath to sing all the time. Everyone knows that. It's unfair to make it a point. If you do a heavy dance routine, at some point you're going to do a bit of lip-synch. But everybody does that. Madonna sings everything she can sing but, if she goes into a dance routine, she's got to dance; you can't breathe and dance and sing at the same time. She doesn't lip-synch her whole performance. I bet Elton has lip-synched moments of his performance, even though he's at a piano all the time. He's very bossy these days, I think. I mean he's lovely but he's a bit bossy and he does seem a bit cranky.

I think Elton has lost it completely. He loves to tell you how he overcame addictions - drugs, bulimia... He did not overcome addictions. He went from one to another... All these shopping sprees, and not controlling his mouth.

Pretty soon I am off my face on booze and powder, nipping off to the loo with all the usual suspects as soon as Madge looks the other way, shovelling coke up my nose, contorted, five to a Portaloo, giggling and chopping and sniffing and rolling up those damp disease-trap dollar bills and really, if I’m looking at me now, I should already be knowing better, because first of all whatever gland produces saliva has gone on strike inside my mouth and it feels like a dry paper bag and I am obliged to constantly lube it by bucketing alcohol down my throat.

Well DAMN :rotfl: Now that's a party :rotfl: