We need a Niki Haris thread! Release Yo'self!

acko

Guest Rachelle of London

That's true but there was nothing but positivity in the message of the video. It's a mistake to have missed the opportunity.

I LOVE the video but from what I hear it was pretty scandalous at the time...thew whole burning of the crosses (KKK) thing, I can understand why someone wouldnt agree with the content.

yeah but it was that project that she didnt wanna participate in. If she didnt agree with the content that suggests it goes against her beliefs, not appearing in the music video wasnt an attack on Madonna loool. I dont think Donna is in the video either, and to be fair the video didnt even need her in it.

No one said it was. She didn't want to do RIT because she wanted time off being a mom. If she really wanted to do that, then she shouldn't have talked badly about M and the tour. As soon as another tour came around, M had already found another singer to take her spot, Niki wasn't needed anymore, as M found a permanent replacement. Now that more tours have passed, Niki has switched sides and started saying nothing but positive things because she's desperate for a paycheck. I always liked Niki, she worked well with M and Donna too, but I didn't care for her actions.

The chances of her and Donna ever working with M is very slim. If it ever were it happen, it would be 20 yrs from now, while they're all old and wrinkly.

Funny how Siedah mentions that as I always found her to be cunty on RIT, even her veeery very very very brief 18 seconds on IGTTYAS, Siedah came off as a fuckin' cunt.

The woman who did Live8 was fantastic, she was a lot of fun.

yeah I have no clue how reliable she is. She did seem a bitch, trying to be sassy and missing by a country mile. And if I were Donna I would be pissed at that as well, but given that Donna just sounds like a smoother version of M it would be odd if she got a solo.

It had nothing to do with the KKK. I've never understood how people could see it like that. The burning crosses represent going against religious morality in the name of religion itself. I guess Madonna liked the idea of the salvation of the mistreated being at the ecstatic climax of the video. That's what makes it so powerful. It's a positive message for any skin colour.

Burning crosses have a whole different meaning here in the US...

It's something that still happens today all for the same reasons since the 1800's...

Guest Rachelle of London

No one said it was. She didn't want to do RIT because she wanted time off being a mom. If she really wanted to do that, then she shouldn't have talked badly about M and the tour. As soon as another tour came around, M had already found another singer to take her spot, Niki wasn't needed anymore, as M found a permanent replacement. Now that more tours have passed, Niki has switched sides and started saying nothing but positive things because she's desperate for a paycheck. I always liked Niki, she worked well with M and Donna too, but I didn't care for her actions.

The chances of her and Donna ever working with M is very slim. If it ever were it happen, it would be 20 yrs from now, while they're all old and wrinkly.

Very true, see I didnt know she spoke badly about M and the tour. All I've seen is that clip from that Channel 4 doc where she talks about Dennis Rodman etc. I completely agree, as they say "Dont bite the hand that feeds you"

yeah I have no clue how reliable she is. She did seem a bitch, trying to be sassy and missing by a country mile. And if I were Donna I would be pissed at that as well, but given that Donna just sounds like a smoother version of M it would be odd if she got a solo.

Donna didn't need a solo, she's never had one and never will. Neither will the Donna replacement.

Guest Rachelle of London

It had nothing to do with the KKK. I've never understood how people could see it like that. The burning crosses represent going against religious morality in the name of religion itself. I guess Madonna liked the idea of the salvation of the mistreated being at the ecstatic climax of the video. That's what makes it so powerful. It's a positive message for any skin colour.

Burning crosses does have a lot to do with the KKK. Thats how many people saw it at the time, if a normal person saw that they wouldnt be thinking about the "hidden" message they'd see it literally and link it to the KKK, same as if an everyday person saw a swastika they'd link that to nazis. Even Mary Lambert was hesitant about the inclusion of the burning crosses

Burning crosses have a whole different meaning here in the US...

It's something that still happens today all for the same reasons since the 1800's...

Madonna said herself it wasn't related to the KKK.

Guest Pud Whacker

[media=]

[/media]

Everyone here singing Donna's praises, in this video Siedah Garret talks about Donna being cunty on RIT

shows how much we know. who knew donna ("That Other Singer"!!!!) was so jaded?!!! :rotfl:

A burning cross is a burning cross. You can relate it, define it, visualize it however which way you want, but people will always see it as one thing. And it's not a positive one.

Guest Rachelle of London

A burning cross is a burning cross. You can relate it, define it, visualize it however which way you want, but people will always see it as one thing. And it's not a positive one.

+1

Poor serene Donna still waiting for that moment

"you only have Half my name motherfucker"

*lights candles*

When you look back at the LAP video, even 24 years later, to this day who the fuck would get away with that before or after

Courage

Guest Rachelle of London

I can understand "the other singer" being jealous! Poor Donna! The entertainment industry is full of bitches. I would not be surprised if Madonna is the "nicest one"

I so see Donna being a bitch, just cos shes smiley doesnt mean she's sweet...oooh I wish some extra footage from ToD would leak. I bet there's some juicy goss in there

Guest Pud Whacker

Poor serene Donna still waiting for that moment

"you only have Half my name motherfucker"

*lights candles*

:rotfl:

The fact that one tour pony Siedah even brings that up makes HER the cunty one imo. While Donna certainly wouldn't be suitable for the LAP solo, Siedah's attempt was the all-time WORST. Donna was prob also a little annoyed that Niki had been replaced by THAT.

I hate In Confessions Donna is hidden out the back and only allowed out in her 70s pantsuit for the end

You know back in the day Music Inferno would have had Donna and Nikki (in stretch canvas) side by side doing the dancing

And what about in RIT, having to wear the French wig and still not being seen

:(

Guest Pud Whacker

The fact that one tour pony Siedah even brings that up makes HER the cunty one imo. While Donna certainly wouldn't be suitable for the LAP solo, Siedah's attempt was the all-time WORST. Donna was prob also a little annoyed that Niki had been replaced by THAT.

lets just realize we know NOTHING about NOTHING. we all assume. you know what that means...

Guest Pud Whacker

I hate In Confessions Donna is hidden out the back and only allowed out in her 70s pantsuit for the end

You know back in the day Music Inferno would have had Donna and Nikki (in stretch canvas) side by side doing the dancing

:rotfl: and 2 seconds in IGTTYAS wearing it!

Well you can see what a cunt Donna was imitating Belinda Carlisle

BRING BACK THE RANDOM THIRD BACK UP FROM WTG TOUR WHOEVER SHE WAS

Guest Rachelle of London

:dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

hahahahahahahahahhahaha the thing is...I can actually visualise it!

It's a shame because even now my FANGIRLS from when I was at school still talk about Nikki and Donna

(Obv *I* was Madonna in that trio)

Guest Rachelle of London

It's a shame because even now my FANGIRLS from when I was at school still talk about Nikki and Donna

(Obv *I* was Madonna in that trio)

I was always Niki...I wonder why hahahahahah

Guest Pud Whacker

Well you can see what a cunt Donna was imitating Belinda Carlisle

BRING BACK THE RANDOM THIRD BACK UP FROM WTG TOUR WHOEVER SHE WAS

debra parson!!!

I imagine niki on the moving cubes for Girl Gone Wold and Celebration and i laugh.

Madonna can't afford the reinforced steel ever night she goes on tour for Niki's weight problems. One week its 20pounds of extra steel. Next it's 80pounds extra steel to hold her on it.

Belinda Carlisle also intimated that Donna was a bit of a SLY CUNT. But obviously that just makes her all the more fabulous :wow:

Very telling that NIKI was snapped having dinner with myfatandjealousbrotherchristopher roundabout the time of his treacherous book. Rather transparent wouldn't you say.