I think it's time to rank all the *world* tours again.

Apples388

• 2 weeks later...

^Why are her recent tours so low in yo list? :lol:

Drowned World Tour is number one! (Yes, I still think of it as a "recent tour.")

As for my thought process, it was pretty easy for me break them into classes. The top three are perfection -- I just needed to think a bit on whether to rank Blond Ambition as number two and Girlie Show as number three or vice versa.

The next three are all excellent, but in a class below the top three. I had to think a long time how to order these three -- and I had S&S as number four up until the very end. (Still not sure I made the right call there.)

Reinvention is good. I love it for sentimental reasons, but I recognize its flaws. So, I ranked it pretty low here.

As for MDNA -- I don't know what to say. It just never did a thing for me. Huge chunks of the show are just utterly forgettable to me. (I had no recollection of "Hung Up" when I read something about it here on MadonnaNation.) I re-watched the show when it came out on DVD and was slightly bored at times.

That's not to say that I think it's bad -- that MDNA is her lowest-ranked tour on my list is an embarrassment of riches. It's just not as good as her other shows.

What made you put S&ST above CT? Nothing wrong with that...I'm just curious :wow:

Well, firstly, I think that S&S was generally just a (small) cut above Confessions.

Confessions had more "Oh my GOD" moments than S&S did -- disco ball entrance, equestrian "Like a Virgin," dance routines during "Music" and "Erotica," to name just a few -- but it had some much weaker moments than S&S as well. "Live to Tell" was just trying way too hard. And, honestly, I'm not sure that I've ever been able to watch the Confessions DVD all the way through -- my thumb just instinctively hits "skip" whenever "I Love New York" and "Ray of Light" come on.

S&S doesn't really have anything in it that makes me queen out the way parts of Confessions do, but I can also watch it from beginning to end without skipping a single performance. The show is just good from beginning to end. Even the weaker numbers -- looking at you, "You Must Love Me" -- are engrossing.

Most importantly, though, M's energy level is just on another plane in S&S. She seemed to really be enjoying herself on that tour and that energy comes out during the show in a way that was lacking during Confessions.

I prob ranked earlier in the thread but this is how I feel today:

1. MDNA- pure bliss

2. BA- groundbreaking

3. DWT- dark and self indulgent

4. S&S- unstoppable energy

5. WTG- RAW

6. CT- slick

7. VT- pure sex but innocent

8. GS- classic

9. RIT- spiritual and political

Just to say I found in my apartment The Virgin Tour VHS tape that I purchased off of Amazon a long time ago.

I played it in my old VHS player, and I was surprised what a riot the concert was to watch. Love the cheesy eighties clothes and M looking looking little chunky and very cute and pretty at the same time.

Love Everybody with the large boom box and Billy Jean mixed in with LAV while M is performing in a wedding dress! Gambler with her sunglasses and wind blowing on her was a wild classic performance!

Amazing to see how much Madonna's music and live performance has evolved over the years even though this particular tour received some negative reviews at the time.

When will the time come for Virgin tour and BA to be finally released on DVD just for the fans??

• 2 weeks later...

MDNA Tour

Sticky & Sweet Tour

The Girlie Show Tour

Drowned World Tour

Confessions Tour

Blond Ambition tour

Re Invention Tour

Who's that girl Tour

The Virgin Tour