Vogue - lyric question.

nightcutter

In gambler "don't fuck me baby I don't wanna hold on"

It took me more than 20 years to find out that it should be "don't fight me baby"

Speaking of Gambler, I used to think she said 'ill even spit between your eyes.' :chuckle:

Me too!

I'll aim it straight between your eyes!

OMG! All these years, I never knew that. I always thought it sounded like "spit between your eyes", but knew that couldn't be it.

Thanks!

Yeah I always thought it was "I'll even spit between your eyes."

Then again, when I was a kid (and probably until pretty recently) I thought it was "I just think of you and I start to blow."

It's not excusable when you can't figure out the exact lyrics! :lol: Plus she wrote half of the album.

Weren't the vogue lyrics added on TIC? I know just JML and RM were on there, but I kinda wanna say Vogue was too...

I've always been impressed with her lyrics on IB, specifically "You're a Man." They're hard to decipher, but once you do, they're pretty great. And I also only recently connected "Love yourself" with "or nobody else can" on STR. The pause in between always made me think they were two independent lines, and I never really heard the "or." In retrospect it's obvious, but I guess I just first heard it when I was 11 and my brain never really heard it properly.

Guest Rachelle of London

Speaking of Gambler, I used to think she said 'ill even spit between your eyes.' :chuckle:

I always thought it was spit between too! hahahahahaha

I've always been impressed with her lyrics on IB, specifically "You're a Man." They're hard to decipher, but once you do, they're pretty great. And I also only recently connected "Love yourself" with "or nobody else can" on STR. The pause in between always made me think they were two independent lines, and I never really heard the "or." In retrospect it's obvious, but I guess I just first heard it when I was 11 and my brain never really heard it properly.

That album or whatever you wanna call it is very underrated. There's a few gems on there, including "He's a Man." That's one of her greatest vocals performances, I love it.

i thought Gambler was "i'll hit you straight between your eyes"

Obvs the same interns who fact-checked and typed up the Celebration booklet are running the lyrics section on her website.

Yep, there is absolutely no way JT says, "Don't be aFRAID, Madonna." That's ridiculous!

Yep, there is absolutely no way JT says, "Don't be aFRAID, Madonna." That's ridiculous!

Unless JT likes to pronounce afraid as "aPREEd", then I can see it.

Otherwise, he is clearly saying "pre" during the live performances.

Yeah, "you intervention' is a play on "drug intervention," but it's corny.

I used to think it was a play on UN intervention as in 'United Nations' as, at the time, there was a lot of talk of UN intervention in the war in Iraq. Given the theme of the album and the song, I thought it was another war reference.

Then again, when I was a kid (and probably until pretty recently) I thought it was "I just think of you and I start to blow."

I always thought it sounded like she said "blow" but that surely it had to be glow..Then the stems leaked a while back, and if you listen to the acapella she does in fact, very very distinctly, say 'blow'. I'm pretty sure the actual lyric is glow and she either fucked it up or just decided to sneak in something smutty sounding :lol:

^ Has she really?

Yes. That part :

Beauty's where you find it

Not just where you bump and grind it

Soul is in the musical

That's where I feel so beautiful

Magical, life's a ball

So get up on the dance floor

It's not been performed neither during the S&S Tour, nor at the MDNA Tour. Yet I love that "Get up on the dancefloor" part.

Yes. That part :

It's not been performed neither during the S&S Tour, nor at the MDNA Tour. Yet I love that "Get up on the dancefloor" part.

Weird. I knew she skipped it during the Super Bowl, but not the actual tours.