nightcutter

When Vogue came out I remember some mags showing the bridge lyric as either:

Soul is in the musical ...

or

It's only here in the music hall ...

Which one is right?

Soul is in the music hall.

That's where I feel so beautiful.

Life's a ball, so get up on the dance floor.

Music hall = club

Life's a ball = relating to Vogue parties.

That's what I think anyway.

Guest Not4Pussies

It's like that 4 Minutes lyric revelation. Madonna.com says its "dont be afraid Madonna" but I still clearly hear, "dont be a pre-Madonna"

Guest Rachelle of London

:huh: it's "don't be a prima donna"

on Madonna.com the lyrics say "Give it up, give it up,Don’t be afraid Madonna"

^ That's silly. It's a play on words. "Don't be a primadonna." He just splits it up "pre-madonna" to make sure everyone knows it's a double entendre. That's why that song sucks so much.

Guest Rachelle of London

yes and for LP, they say it's "love perfusion" for 10 years now... :laugh:

HAHAHAHAH NO WAY! I havent even noticed! oh Madonnas team!

Guest Not4Pussies

Also, i always hear 'cause dancing makes you beautiful' on Heartbeat but its supposedly, 'cause dancing makes me feel beautiful.' I prefer the lyric I hear.

When I was a kid, I thought it was "so only fear the beautiful". :lol:

And instead of the spoken "beauty's where you find it", I heard "use me Friday" :lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

growing up when La Isla was a single, my best girlfriend thought she said,

Young Girl with Eyes like Potatoes. (The Desert) :rotfl:

listening to vogue now, 100 years later, i guess i just skimmed over it but i heard...

Soul is in the Musical. would never have guessed.

Guest Not4Pussies

Omg, me too. I still hear soul is in the musical. I was disappointed when I found out the real lyric

I went to go pull out my I'm Breathless CD to look for the lyrics in the booklet, and they didn't even have them! Not even for the other tracks! What the hell? She's been doing it since 1990!

^ It was excusable for that album, since she's didn't write a bunch of the songs and it was "soundtrack" album. It really didn't start until Music, which is when her lyrics went to shit anyway...

It's not excusable when you can't figure out the exact lyrics! :lol: Plus she wrote half of the album.

Weren't the vogue lyrics added on TIC? I know just JML and RM were on there, but I kinda wanna say Vogue was too...

Whts the lyric in 4 minutes " sometimes I think what I need is a you intervention" is that right? If so it doesn't make sense.

Yes, it's right (according to Madonna.com), and no, it doesn't make any sense. :duh:

growing up when La Isla was a single, my best girlfriend thought she said,

Young Girl with Eyes like Potatoes. (The Desert) :rotfl:

:dead:

About the "4 Minutes" and the "U Intervention" a friend of mine said it was a metaphor. People goes to "Drugs interventions" or "Alcohol interventions" for rehab. He said that she probably wanted to say that the guy is like a drug and sometimes she thinks that she depends on him and the only way "to forget him" is make a "U Intervention" program... Something like that.

Now that we're talking about lyrics... Maybe someone could help me with something. I'm making a "PDF book" for each Madonna álbum. On it I want to include all the covers (singles, maxis, special editions), list of all the promo TV performances (with videocaptures and things like that), videos, and of course the lyrics. I wanted to add the "aditional lyrics" of remixes, video versions and things like that... Does anyone here can write the lyrics of "Turn up the radio - Madonna vs. Laidback luke" rap? I wanted to finish the "MDNA album book" to share with all of you. I think I could share them on the génesis of the albums topics...