Your Unpopular Madonna Opinions

Guest Lum

'Incredible' from HC is very underrated. I was hoping it would make it into the S&S tour. I was even considering it as a possible show opener, especially with "It's time to get your hands up, it's time to get your body moving..."

And yes, 'In This Life' IS amazing...

Same here. It could've worked really well on tour!

Don't Tell Me - song + video are... eeeeewwww. Just can't stand it.

Runaway Lover is the best song on MUSIC with Paradise (not for me).

I hate her autotune voice when she sings live. I much prefer her crow and raw vocal.

Her MTV award VOGUE performance is such a big disappointment because she does lip synch.

I love love love CELEBRATION, original version.

DWTour is her best tour.

I could go on and on but that's it for now.

Don't Tell Me - song + video are... eeeeewwww. Just can't stand it.

Runaway Lover is the best song on MUSIC with Paradise (not for me).

I hate her autotune voice when she sings live. I much prefer her crow and raw vocal.

Her MTV award VOGUE performance is such a big disappointment because she does lip synch.

I love love love CELEBRATION, original version.

DWTour is her best tour.

I could go on and on but that's it for now.

That's one of the reasons it's so fabulous. It was about the performance itself. She didn't even bother having a fake mic or anything.

MDNA is shit.

Many things she's done after Erotica and Bedtime stories seem somewhat beige (although not bad) in comparison.

Confessions tour is her best tour. End of discussion.

Hard candy and MDNA has made me lost some interest in her.

Stuart Price and Madonna has created some of her most memorable and magic moments together.

The more I think about it the more I realize that the bravest she's done in her career is the Sex book. She risked so much.

Vogue is her best single.

Frozen is her second best.

Hung up her third.

She needs to stop working with Steven Klein and find some new photographers to work with

YES!

I enjoy Steven's work (esp. "The Beast Within"/"Xtatic-Process") ... but it is time for new photographers.

I think her recent work with Mert & Marcus is phenomenal. (The Interview Mag shoot and GGW video!)

I don't listen to Erotica and Bedtime Stories often because I've failed to connect to them yet. I'll listen to the singles however.

Looking back I wish that Confessions would have been more successful than Mariah's Emancipation of Mimi back in 05 (Maybe that's not unpopular). EoM has aged horribly while CoaD has become more relevant.

I'm Breathless is awesome regardless of album/soundtrack status.

Guest Fukujima

- although now i tolerate it, the first time i saw S&S on tv i thought she was ridiculous

- i think LAP the album is really overrated but it contains few gems ( LAP itself is my fave song ever)

- i think DWT is overrated too and she does not look good in the dvd ( loved her look on the European leg of the tour though)

- the opening of MDNA does not even come close to the opening of Confessions

- i hate when she pauses while talking in interviews

- Her writing on every album after Ray of Light began to suck. A high school student can write better. Some of her lyrics are embarassing.

- Her face does look bloated and plasticy sometimes and I really hope she won't overdo it.

- She makes me cringe when she says stuff like "let's start a revolution". Honey, no one cares.

- She is sometimes absolutely dreadful in interviews. Maybe I feel that way because I have high expectations of her. But I understand she hates doing them.

- Her videos after Confessions were not that great.

Everything else about her is just wonderful!

- i hate when she pauses while talking in interviews

I know!! it's sooo annoying! You're holding your breath thinking she's going to say something genius, and then nothing interesting comes out....

- The lyrics to Falling Free sound like bad teenage poetry.

- She'd rather look trendy than beautiful.

(Any hate for Erotica, The Girlie Show and Confessions is definitely an unpopular opinion with me.)

Guest Fukujima

I know we're all entitled to our opinions, but some of the things people say here... Dios mío :lol:

que no te gusta?

• About half of the songs on the Like a Virgin album suck
  • I cringe whenever I watch the music video for "Hung Up". Apart from the first 15 seconds, all shots of M in the first 3 minutes of the video are hideous!
  • Hard Candy is better than Confessions on a Dance Floor ever will be
  • I've loved "Candy Shop" since the first time I heard it
  • I love when M plays the guitar on stage
  • Madonna no longer sets the trends - she follows them
  • I'm Breathless was M's 5th studio albums, though more of a concept album than her previous releases

Guest Rachelle of London

Candy Shop rocks

LAV from MDNA is the best performance of that song

Some Girls is worse than Superstar

Superstar is a great track

Madonna looks weird in GMAYL video, like they've retouched her face TOO much

sho be doo is a great song, and would have done well if released as a single

madonna kinda sucked in a league of their own, anyone cudda played that role

get together is a fantastic video, i love the colors in it, and it reminds of this book series i just love

Desperatley Seeking Susan bores me

Girl Gone Wild is a flat dull song. (Only the performance made it epic)

I really like her Whos That Girl Tour. Just Madonna simply being a great performer without all the flash and special effects and tons of dancers.

I think I enjoy watching I Am Going to Tell You a Secret more than Truth or Dare

I like Evita

Love Spent really isnt that great of a song and is not single material at all

The SEX book really was pointless (though I wouldnt change her having done it because her overcoming such a massive backlash is something I admire fully...And I would still like to own a copy one day just to have though...)

Alright let me start...

• Everybody is the best song on The Fist Album, along with Physcal Attraction and followed by Burning Up
  • I'm not a big fan of Holiday or Borderline. I thnk Holiday is way overrated and overplayed and Borderline is plain boring.
  • I don't like Like a Virgin and Material Girl that much...I think they're cheesy. Yet, I enjoy most of the LAV tour renditions.
  • Angel and Over and Over are probably my favorite songs on LAV, most of it sucks!
  • I don't care much for Into the Groove
  • I prefer the YCD versions of Everybody, Over and Over, Into the Groove, Holiday and Where's the Party
  • I don't care much for Papa Don't Preach and I don't want to hear La Isla on any of her tours again!
  • I really like True Blue and I also used to like Love Makes the World Go Round
  • The video for Who's That Girl sucks ass and it's her worst video of the 80's
  • The album version of Like a Prayer is the best version!
  • All live performances of Like a Prayer suck, besides the S&S and maybe BAT performaces.
  • Express Yourself bores me to death! All remixes and tour renditions sound the same and I think it's overrated, the Immaculate version is the best version of this song.
  • I never skip Love Song and I think it's quite genious.
  • I LOVE Till Death Do Us Part and I think it's one of Madonna's best songs!
  • Madonna looks best with her natural hair colour!
  • I don't like Promise to Try and the album version of Keep It Together much
  • Most of the single choices from LAP were wrong.
  • I hate hate hate hate Sooner or Later!
  • I support the single release of Hanky Panky
  • Justify My Love sucks in terms of being a song. It's overrated but I like it.
  • Rescue Me is better than Justify My Love
  • TUTBMP is quite boring and uneventful
  • Erotica, the song is dull. She should've been singing instead of talking on all songs from Erotica.
  • Where Life Begins and Secret Garden are the only songs that I think work with her talking instead of singing the verses.
  • As an album, Erotica is one of my least favorite albums. Yet, I enjoy at least half of the songs.
  • Words is one of the best songs on Erotica and should've been a single and also should've been performed on the Girlie Show
  • Bedtime Stories, the album is really boring to listen to, but I like most of the songs.
  • The Orbital mix of Bedtime Story is waaaaay better than the album version
  • Ray of Light is Madonna's masterpiece! Nothing she's ever done can touch this era/album.
  • Ray of Light, the song is overplayed. She needs to give it a rest and not perform the same version twice.
  • Mer Girl is one of Madonna's best songs.
  • Every song on Ray of Light, even the ones I don't like are PERFECT!
  • Music is a great album to listen to. I never have to skip anything!
  • Amazing is the third or fourth best song on the album and it should've been a single instead of WIFLFAG
  • The remix of WIFLFAG is terrible the album version is okay.
  • American Life is Madonna's third, if not second best album! I love almost every song on it. I just think the singles weren't picked the way they should've been
  • I love American Life, the song as well as Hollywood, Intervention, I'm So Stupid and the rest of the album :D
  • I'm So Stupid could've been a good single and Nobody Knows Me, which is quite dull in it's album version should've been the title track as well as the first single but re-done in style of the RIT version.
  • I support American Life as a single, but I think Intervention should've been released instead of Nothing Fails
  • I didn't get all the love for Love Profusion until recently.
  • Confessions might be Madonna's best dance album! It's perfect just maybe a little too perfect for me. There is no roughness to it, no edges, if you know what I mean...
  • I hated Hung Up when it came out, I don't want to hear it on her next tour. (I like it more now, obviously)
  • I love Isaac and Push!
  • Hard Candy is a good album! 4 Minutes was a good lead single! The video sucks!
  • GI2M is one of Madonna's worst songs ever!
  • Beat Goes On, She's Not Me, Devil and Heartbeat should've been the Hard Candy singles...
  • Girl Gone Wild was a good single, the way it was promoted fucked it up!
  • The MDNA Tour has one of the worst setlists ever!
  • The MDNA renditions of Hung Up, Candy Shop,Turn Up the Radio, Like a Virgin, Human Nature and Like a Prayer suck!
  • The MDNA Vogue performance was really dull (It was all about the outfit)
  • Like a Virgin (MDNA) is absolutely dreadful!

DEAL WITH IT!

tumblr_mgjem9MAlz1rzvuk0o1_500.gif