Your Unpopular Madonna Opinions

Guest Lum

I never made it past the second half of the Like A Virgin album ( or at least I don't recall).

Keep It Together Single Mix is her best mix, like EVAR!

I absolutely LOATHE Guy Oseary as her manager.

Guy Ritchie is her BIGGEST mistake.

I think Esther and her Kabbalah are disgusting and need to be eradicated from memory.

The Girlie Show IS her BEST tour.

Though I onced loved it, I can't stomach MDNA anymore.

I was a bit disappointed when I attended the MDNA Tour.

I don't like any of her collabs....at all. Matter of fact, it's damn near embarrassing.

The insecure gloves and botched plastic surgery AREN'T cool.

Edited by your-madgesty

"Jimmy Jimmy" is a great song and a highlight from the album for me.

"I Know It" is a great song and a highlight from the album for me.

Madonna album songs are tooo long. Thank goodness for Immaculate Collection.

"Act of Contrition" is a great song and a highlight from the album for me.

"Spotlight"is a great song and a highlight from the album for me.

I'm Breathless is a studio album and Madonna's best.

Erotica has too much filler and sounds a little boring at times, but every live version from this album is amazing.

"Survival" is boring.

EVITA is awesome and should have been re-recorded as a Madonna only album a la I'm Breathless.

Ray of Light songs are too long.

"Nothing Really Matters" is boring.

Music is better than Ray of Light.

"Runnaway Lover" is painfully boring.

"Spanish Lesson" is a great song and a highlight from the album for me.

"Miles Away" is boring. Actually the song isn't bad, I just don't like the beat or the stop 'n go guitar.

Gang Bang is too violent and too long.

"Give Me All Your Luvin'"is a great song and a highlight from the album for me.

"Me Against the Music"is a great song , but Madonna's part ruined it. The original NFL version is so much better.

Just my opinions.

^ You need to read Slant's review. And the people calling "Erotica" the song boring are fucking nuts. I can understand not liking it (to each his own), but "boring" is the last thing I'd call it. That song fucking eats everything she's done in the last five years for breakfast.

i disagree with a lot of this, but the one in bold stuck out to me. At that time Madonna was really at a peak (even WIFLAFAG did moderately well), and I think "Impressive Instant" could have done well. I don't know why. I just have a feeling. She was riding a wave at that time.

I love Erotica the song, but looking at it from a completely unbiased point of view, it truly is just a rehash of JML. It's the same vocal style, the same R&B/house vibe, both feel "gritty". Even at that time I thought it was a rehash of JML but I still liked the song, what bothered me was that practically the ENTIRE Erotica album had that same monotone, breathy, raspy, barely audible vocal that was drowned out by so much bass.....or maybe my speakers just sucked! lol It just all seemed very "been there done that" after JML and RM. Again, I LOVE the concept of the album and I've read numerous reviews and interpretations of this album over the years that quite frankly make it sound more brilliant than it really is....BUT they are interesting perspectives. With that said, there is no way any fan, critic etc will ever convince me the Erotica singles can even come close to matching the seemingly effortless brilliance of most of the singles that preceded it. I mean, her previous studio album before Erotica was LAP......there is simply nothing on Erotica that can even come close to the best of LAP.......except maybe Secret Garden.....that could be one of her most revealing songs lyrically and production wise, it was pretty ahead of it's time!

Who's That Girl Tour is her worst ever.

I HATE the S&S version of LAP

Celebration is a fantastic track

I cried with the end of Swept Away

-madonna is a great actress

-Hard Candy is one of her best records

-Im Brestless is a studio album

-she looks better now than before cheeks

I love Erotica the song, but looking at it from a completely unbiased point of view, it truly is just a rehash of JML. It's the same vocal style, the same R&B/house vibe, both feel "gritty". Even at that time I thought it was a rehash of JML but I still liked the song, what bothered me was that practically the ENTIRE Erotica album had that same monotone, breathy, raspy, barely audible vocal that was drowned out by so much bass.....or maybe my speakers just sucked! lol It just all seemed very "been there done that" after JML and RM. Again, I LOVE the concept of the album and I've read numerous reviews and interpretations of this album over the years that quite frankly make it sound more brilliant than it really is....BUT they are interesting perspectives. With that said, there is no way any fan, critic etc will ever convince me the Erotica singles can even come close to matching the seemingly effortless brilliance of most of the singles that preceded it. I mean, her previous studio album before Erotica was LAP......there is simply nothing on Erotica that can even come close to the best of LAP.......except maybe Secret Garden.....that could be one of her most revealing songs lyrically and production wise, it was pretty ahead of it's time!

BITCH PLEASE..E is nothing like JML.

and LAP is dull compared to Erotica which is REAL.

I just got censored on a 'secret' FB page....WWMD.....for posting in a thread the same as this that I wasn't a fan of the LAP video. Anyone that doesn't say M is perfect gets their posts deleted. Delusional loons :rotfl:

Imagine all of these posts filling up their feed. They'd fucking implode :lmao:

How can everyone like everything? Just insane.

Confirms how much I wuv you all :inlove:

I know what you mean. Some Al-Kylieda wackos are hell bent on keeping me off the Kylie fans secret site, time and time again. All because I didn't like her latest song. Wasn't even arguing with anyone. Simply saying I personally do not like it. They went psycho batshit like murdered her or something.

Guest Rachelle of London

i like this thread, people can state their opinions w/o being attacked. :thumbsup:

Needs to be pinned

- I love One More Chance

- MDNA is a million times better than COADF

- American Life is one of her best songs

- I cant even listen to Think Of Me, Shoo-Be-Doo, I Know It, Pretender, Stay, Jimmy Jimmy, Love Song

- Ive never listened to Did You Do It?

- I find the Drowned World Tour kinda crappy

- I hated her country rodeo phase

- I think the HC cover is vile

- UNDERRATED TRACKS: I'm Addicted, Incredible, In This Life, Devil, American Life, Isaac, Dear Jessie, Cherish

- I love when she completely changes her songs for the tours

- I love when she puts a lot of emphasis on the new albums during her tours

Guest Rachelle of London

sadtarheel_medium.gif

hahaha not sayin its a bad song, great singalong in the car but some fans go on like its the new "Vogue" hahaha

I hate the BAT setlist. Why the fuck was she doing Where's the fucking Party and where's Spanish Eyes?

I hate the GS setlist. What's with La Isla Bonita, Everybody, Express Yourself, Like A WIRGIN and I'm Going Bananas? Where are Words, Thief Of Hearts, Bad Girl, Waiting?

I hate Crazy For You. Thank fuck she hasn't performed that shit in a while.

I hate the GS setlist. What's with La Isla Bonita, Everybody, Express Yourself, Like A WIRGIN and I'm Going Bananas? Where are Words, Thief Of Hearts, Bad Girl, Waiting?

La Isla on the GS was EVERYTHING! Probably my favorite performance of that song ever.

I hate the BAT setlist. Why the fuck was she doing Where's the fucking Party and where's Spanish Eyes?

I hate Crazy For You. Thank fuck she hasn't performed that shit in a while.

you have shit taste

I think the DWT version is the best, mostly because it highlighted the melancolic aspect. The flute or whatever that was sounded great.

The chorus from I Deserve It has the most poignant lyrics of her career.

''Many miles, many roads I have traveled, fallen down on the way. Many hearts, many years have unraveled, leading up to today.''

That's some deep ''Eva Duarte whispering Lament'' shit right there.

S&S had a much better stage and overall production then MDNA

In fact the MDNA stage is her worst since re-invention , it isolates her way too much from the public

--

The MDNA has one of the worst songs ever

-Love Spent is far too overrated.

-Hollywood is one of her worst songs.

-"Don't Stop" is one of the best songs from BS.

-MDNA is underrated.

-DWT was a total borefest.

-I like GMAYL.