Watching rehearsal clips shows

ashtangi74

how much really is mimed on the last tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-R2A_Lf8g

for example. i knew some parts and whole songs (girl gone wild, gang bang, hung up, she's not me, gmayl, vogue, revolver, celebration, i'm addicted) were mimed but i thought this one was completely live. which songs were sung live from a-z? like a virgin, love spent, like a prayer, turn up the radio, open your heart, candy shop, and human nature?

no I think it was live, because she fucked up the lyrics a few times and always sounds different. maybe she has a tape there playing sometimes but it always sounds live

The whole show is there on tape and depending on her mood/the song/the acoustics she'll fully sing, partly sing over backing, or mime. That's just the way it is and most of us know and accept it. She doesn't care who knows it so why bother about it?

Guest Rachelle of London

The whole show is there on tape and depending on her mood/the song/the acoustics she'll fully sing, partly sing over backing, or mime. That's just the way it is and most of us know and accept it. She doesn't care who knows it so why bother about it?

+1

For the first few shows I'm Addicted was mimed but mid - Europe she sang it live, same with Celebration...she defo paced herself through this tour

GGW - mimed

Revolver - Mimed

Gang Bang - spoken parts mimed

PDP - Live

Hung up - Mimed

IDGA - Live with backing track

EY - Live with backing track

GMAYL - Mimed

TUTR - Live with backing track

OYH - Live

Masterpiece - Live

Vogue - Mimed

Candy Shop - Live

Human nature - Live

LAV - Live

LS - Live

Im addicted - Live with backing track

Im a sinner - Live with backing track

LAP - Live

Celebration - Live with backing track , mimed in the first shows

Yeah even the totally mimed ones were sung live at points, but I understand why people get miffed. It really adds something to quality of the performance. Several people on here, myself included, felt Vogue was really flat inspite of the amazing production and staging and the fact that it's Vogue, but then we got Celebration live in Birmingham and it was incredible, I got chills. It makes a massive difference.

it was just a observation on my part...i don't mind it, she's done it on every tour. we know m does this, but when i saw this clip and its so Obvious the chorus is mimed i was like "i thought she did this one completely live" you are right about celebration and im addicted. first completely mimed then partially sung live.

it was just a observation on my part...i don't mind it, she's done it on every tour. we know m does this, but when i saw this clip and its so Obvious the chorus is mimed i was like "i thought she did this one completely live" you are right about celebration and im addicted. first completely mimed then partially sung live.

Ive got a friend who is a sound engineer, he has done the Spice girls and Cliff Richards tours. (I know!) He told me sometimes they turned the backing tracks up if they are sounding off, or on difficult songs the stars sometimes don't even know when.

not with Madonna; Madonna just knows where and when parts of her songs are on tape....they rehearse it that wayshe wants it that way....maybe because she's dancing too much/intens (vogue) or it's just to difficult to sing it night after night (in this case the chorus of im a sinner since its sung in a very high key).

This might sound like a stupid question but can people in the front row see/hear her miming?

I'm not completely opposed to it (miming), because her performances are so energetic. And she does sing some parts live. At least she's not like Britney who doesn't even dance properly and mimes, or people who mime ballads through and through.

Guest Not4Pussies

i only noticed it in gang bang when i was in the pit, the rest, i was too drunk to notice