The MDNA Tour Behind the Scenes - TAIT

dubtronic

And I love the part

"25 years ago musicians were making money selling records, nowadays they are making money selling seats"

It kind of beautifully still-captures Madonna's career 30 years on

And I love the part

"25 years ago musicians were making money selling records, nowadays they are making money selling seats"

It kind of beautifully still-captures Madonna's career 30 years on

loved that one too, and it's so true !

Thanks for posting. Boggles the mind how much blood, sweat and tears have gone into the production of this show.

This is kinda what I was thinking. Watching it, you get a real sense of the number of people involved which must literally run into the hundreds. I know her tours make a lot of money, but it must cost some SERIOUS $$$ to pay all those people.

Bloody hell i'd hate to be a dancer on that show, those lifts and everything would scare the shit out of me. Amazing how much production went into it though.

Sure, she's one of the select amount of acts who are worth those hefty ticket prices, but watching the behind-the-scenes goings-on makes you understand, at least in part, why she charges so much. :wow:

Wow! Thankyou. I knew that stage was a death trap but I didn't know she had a little under the stage rollercoster!.

She had one on S&S, probably confessions too (I can't remember if the catwalk at confessions had a lift though, idk)

Sure, she's one of the select amount of acts who are worth those hefty ticket prices, but watching the behind-the-scenes goings-on makes you understand, at least in part, why she charges so much. :wow:

:clap:

And also all the contibutions from those carpenters, technicians etc kind of makes you understand the reason why those significative delays during some of her US gigs might have taken place, they clearly make a point of repeating that if even the smallest spring is out of place, the whole structure collapses, so basically putting the show together is not just the artistic aspect of it but there's a huge technical side as well and it takes such a huge collaborative effort to obtain the final result

One thing I love about this it is that you can clearly see and get the impression from the people interviewed that they actually enjoyed working on the project and working for Madonna and on a personal note, not just OK IT'S MY JOB

And by way all the people working on the physical, technical front of the project must be paid and there's about an army of them in different fields/craft. A friend of mine from the US who has worked in that field told me that salaries for technicians, carpenters etc range between $8,000 a month and $30,000 a month for each month the tour goes on for, depending on their ranking within the organisational process, imagine what engineers get paid

Now I understand why a Madonna tour, U2 tour or that kind of level easily ends up having a production cost within the $80m - $150m range. I get a headache just watching that behind the stage footage, imagine having to assemble and take down the whole thing and then start all over again, almost every day, for 7 months

i don't get what "full part" means?

is it a series? just one part on MDNA Tour stage and it's the full part of that? full part of an episode? cry

The show is called 'On Tour: Tait Stages'

This episode was about the stage for the MDNA tour.

Guest Rachelle of London

nag post!!!

At the end and they are playing GGW I hope thats not taken from the DVD :( sounds soooo flat!

Thanks for posting

Guest Not4Pussies

wow, imagine setting up and breaking down the stage every other day!!

such a mass undertaking.

Guest Rachelle of London

Goes to show that Madonna had so much pressure on her hands. If she didnt go out \and perform none of these people get paid, takes so many just to put on a show like that and they deliver every time! Following the S&S tragedy it must be always in the back of their heads

Guest Rachelle of London

could you imagine the money they would save if M did a residency somewhere!