Did anyone here become a fan because of MDNA?

Bill

Just wondering if there were any brand new fans out there? If so, what was it about this album that attracted you? How much of Madonna's work did you know about before this? Have you explored her previous albums yet, and if so, what are your favorites? Also, how old are you?

Just thought it'd be interesting to get a perspective from a new fan who is just discovering 30 years of her brilliance.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of ex-Gaga fans that see why we don't respect Gaga and why Madonna is a Goddess and jumped ship and came to become big M fans. They probably keep quiet about it though. I don't blame them.

Guest Rachelle of London

Mensch you are right, there are LOADS of ex Gaga fans jumping ship to Madonnas! I saw all the meltdowns especially the day Gaga cancelled her tour. They are now using their freakish obsessive ways about Madonna. And now dissing Gaga! Its hilarious

Didn't become a fan just because of MDNA, just fell in love again with her since Confessions..and also with MDNA came GB,LS,SG and BK who entered my all time Madonna Top 10 right away!

I became a fan as a kid around 2002ish. I started obsessing over her in 2005 during Confessions but I'd say the MDNA era I fell further into fandom. The MDNA tour is my first (and probably only) Madonna tour (It was amazing, I'm just not crazy about concerts). I learned a lot more about her from this era but I didn't really make me a fan, since I already was one. It was my re-awakening :p

I did take my friend who was a big Gaga fan (he had even attended the Monster Ball) to the MDNA Tour and afterwards he was like "Madonna put's on a way better show and her dances are so much more complicated!" He then went on to talk about how there is very little physical movement on Gaga's part during her shows hahahaha. So maybe I was able to make him a fan through MDNA :)

I became a fan as a kid around 2002ish. I started obsessing over her in 2005 during Confessions but I'd say the MDNA era I fell further into fandom. The MDNA tour is my first (and probably only) Madonna tour (It was amazing, I'm just not crazy about concerts). I learned a lot more about her from this era but I didn't really make me a fan, since I already was one. It was my re-awakening :p

I did take my friend who was a big Gaga fan (he had even attended the Monster Ball) to the MDNA Tour and afterwards he was like "Madonna put's on a way better show and her dances are so much more complicated!" He then went on to talk about how there is very little physical movement on Gaga's part during her shows hahahaha. So maybe I was able to make him a fan through MDNA :)

Yeah someone needs to seriously make a compilation of side by side comparisons of Madonna and Gaga's tours and dances! It's laughable. :lol:

This is a good topic because I wonder if younger people won't give Madonna a chance because of her age. As a long time fan, the MDNA era actually made me a bigger fan.

With the gays that's less of an issue.

I first 'paid attention' to Madonna after being shown Human Nature @ S&S, and then I was lent the S&S Tour DVD and the song that made me really go and look back over her music was the Borderline performance.

And it goes from there.

EDIT: before that I used to be one of the "Madonna is gross and old she should stop" but now it's all changed

Guest Not4Pussies

I don't know of any new fans cause of mdna but I do know lots of people who became fans after confessions and HC

I became a fan of hers after the Superbowl performance. I can't put into words how in awe I was of her. I wouldn't describe myself as a HUGE fan like others here, so it's sometimes hard to relate to what other people post.

As for Gaga. I like a few of her songs (mainly Edge of Glory), but the whole 'Monster' shit is embarrassing.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of ex-Gaga fans that see why we don't respect Gaga and why Madonna is a Goddess and jumped ship and came to become big M fans. They probably keep quiet about it though. I don't blame them.

Haha, this is kind of me. I lost interest around the BTW era, when she started getting all embarrasing and "inspiring" shall we say. When people said that she was copying Madonna I watched a few of her videos and I instantly saw a link which is kind of embarrasing for her. I never realised just exactly how reductive she was.

But anyway, I was a fan before MDNA but its the first era I've lived through as an actual fan, and definitely not a disappointing one to be honest. I've loved basically everything she's done this era minus a few things (shitty single choices, terrible promo) but artistically it's been amazing.

Haha, this is kind of me. I lost interest around the BTW era, when she started getting all embarrasing and "inspiring" shall we say. When people said that she was copying Madonna I watched a few of her videos and I instantly saw a link which is kind of embarrasing for her. I never realised just exactly how reductive she was.

But anyway, I was a fan before MDNA but its the first era I've lived through as an actual fan, and definitely not a disappointing one to be honest. I've loved basically everything she's done this era minus a few things (shitty single choices, terrible promo) but artistically it's been amazing.

You're sigs are amazing! Ugh!

I did

I was always aware of her but didn't really know any of her work until one day I heard masterpiece from some random website.

It was her older stuff that actually turned me into a fan but technically i'm still a MDNA-er. :laugh:

Good topic.

I first 'paid attention' to Madonna after being shown Human Nature @ S&S, and then I was lent the S&S Tour DVD and the song that made me really go and look back over her music was the Borderline performance.

And it goes from there.

EDIT: before that I used to be one of the "Madonna is gross and old she should stop" but now it's all changed

Interesting. What about S&S made you change your mind? And how old are you?

Mensch you are right, there are LOADS of ex Gaga fans jumping ship to Madonnas! I saw all the meltdowns especially the day Gaga cancelled her tour. They are now using their freakish obsessive ways about Madonna. And now dissing Gaga! Its hilarious

Is this really true? I'd love some examples! And were they really "little monsters" though? Or just casual fans?

Guest Rachelle of London

Good topic.

Interesting. What about S&S made you change your mind? And how old are you?

Is this really true? I'd love some examples! And were they really "little monsters" though? Or just casual fans?

LOOOOL some of them were HARDCORE Gaga lovers and Madonna haters, now they've "converted" one even messaged Paws Down to apologise for making horrible comments about M. To be honest I dont think they are pro Madonna now, prob just bored withwaiting for Gaga to release Artpop

In my case, I was more than a casual fan but not a little monster like "omg mother monster she's so inspiring put your paws up!!!" And all that shit, I got out at the right time (by the way era). I feel sorry for them actually because they're so deluded to actually think gags is the queen of pop or whatever. I saw on twitter a few days ago, one of them said "gags has been on a 6 month media break and is still making more headlines than anyone else" and the best part is that another refused to acknowledge madonna and claimed mariah Carey was the best selling female recording artist of all time. Oh dear. But now that I'm a fan of madonna it's so easy to spot all the time she copies. As if she's working with Dallas Austin on artflop though. There's this blog I like that basically highlights what a disaster she is, pawsdownlittlemonsters.tumblr.com

I've grown up with Madonna my entire life, through my parents and older sister. It wasn't until Confessions though at the age of 14 when my true love for the Queen awakened! It made me re-discover and discover her entire discography and I have honestly fallen in love with pretty much everything she's put out, she really makes incredible music. I fucking love MDNA, it's an awesome record. Got the album title font "M" tattooed on the top of my spinal cord, now the MDNA love pumps like the blood in my veins.....(I'm 21, by the way).

Can't wait to start off my golden 22nd birthday on the 22nd with the Tour premier!!!

First of all, yes, MDNA turned me into a fan.

When Madonna performed on the Superbowl, i noticed her flaws and thought "get off the stage grandma!" but when she released Girl Gone Wild, I became a fan of the dancey tune. Then, MDNA started to leak, and I also heard the MDNA iTunes snippets and thought "this album sounds pretty good" so I went ahead and ordered the physical album and took a chance.

As the album was released, I immediately fell in love with Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Some Girls, Love Spent, Falling Free, Beautiful Killer, and Best Friend.

So yes MDNA turned me into a fan, and I'm so happy I am a fan! Also, being in the Golden Triangle, AND TOUCHING M's HAND, dream come true!

Also, a side note, I'm a huge Gaga fan and am turned off by the hate towards her on this thread! Be nice guys! :)