One Thing Before Completion

erotica blu

Is there anything in particular you want from Madonna before she completes her career? I know I want another experimental record — AMERICAN LIFE needs a companion.

I mean, I could name endless people for her to work with, or list a bunch of songs I'd love for her to do live, but that's so redundant, ain't it?

I think the one thing I want from her is a big lengthy autobiography. She could force Smelton to voice the audiobook!

Oh and a collection of unreleased songs would be nice. Or a box set of all the albums re-mastered and re-packaged, with extra discs for each album containing remixes, demos, outtakes, and live recordings, that would also contain a booklet written by Madonna talking about the album and unreleased songs. Throw in a DVD too for each album. I'd buy that $500 box set.

Yes I'd be happy with an experimental record but an experimental dance record that makes people forget their problems and get lost in the music. A genre that's yet to hit the mainstream, something new, exciting and fresh. I don't want another dreary, depressed Madonna like the one we got on American Life.

I mean, I could name endless people for her to work with, or list a bunch of songs I'd love for her to do live, but that's so redundant, ain't it?

I think the one thing I want from her is a big lengthy autobiography. She could force Smelton to voice the audiobook!

I love the mystique surrounding Madonna — an autobiography seems the opposite of what she stands for.

Yes I'd be happy with an experimental record but an experimental dance record that makes people forget their problems and get lost in the music. A genre that's yet to hit the mainstream, something new, exciting and fresh. I don't want another dreary, depressed Madonna like the one we got on American Life.

She doesn't have to be serious thematically to be seriously experimental — see EROTICA. Plenty of light tunes stylistically constructed and executed with hypnotic replay value.

You beat me to it.

And lets be real about one thing. Madonna's career will be completed when she sadly passes away one day.

She is never going to stop working in some form or another.

You beat me to it.

And lets be real about one thing. Madonna's career will be completed when she sadly passes away one day.

She is never going to stop working in some form or another.

The very reality of Madonna's death is too unbearable to casually converse about. That's why I'm positing my question as a choice on her behalf to say I've done everything plus more I set out to accomplish I can leave my children and this life a fucking bad-ass rebel in peace.

I would love a covers album by Madonna with all of her favorite songs ( not an album that is commercial nor covering her own songs) no matter if it even happens to be a portugese polka song. I don't want to see the usual crap covers album that is recorded by any artist over 50 with the usual frank Sinatra, tony Bennett, pink Floyd and im so cool im going to through in a david bowie number etc songs.

Not fussed what genre, just curious to see what Madonnas favorite songs happen to be:)

I love the mystique surrounding Madonna — an autobiography seems the opposite of what she stands for.

Don't you want to read about all the people she slept with? Don't you want to hear about Christopher from her own mouth? Her falling out with Goop? How she feels about Joan the housekeeper?

I do!

Don't you want to read about all the people she slept with? Don't you want to hear about Christopher from her own mouth? Her falling out with Goop? How she feels about Joan the housekeeper?

I do!

Put it in a song.

I understand what your saying but honestly an autobiography was the first to come to my mind. I guess it's because for so long hearing other people tell "her story," it would be nice to hear it from her. At least a book concerning her albums and career. It doesn't have to be about her personal life because I couldn't see her talking about other people in a book. She doesn't like it done to her and I doubt she would discuss personal issues in depth outside of her songs.

But I have to say I would love to read her own thoughts.

I understand what your saying but honestly an autobiography was the first to come to my mind. I guess it's because for so long hearing other people tell "her story," it would be nice to hear it from her. At least a book concerning her albums and career. It doesn't have to be about her personal life because I couldn't see her talking about other people in a book. She doesn't like it done to her and I doubt she would discuss personal issues in depth outside of her songs.

But I have to say I would love to read her own thoughts.

The Erotica Diaries are my favorite behind-the-scenes look at Madonna's creative process ever. A full-on book addressing the creation of various recordings would be fine.

Guest Rachelle of London

I would love for Madonna to star or appear in a critically acclaimed movie and win some awards. I'm too young to remember Evita properly so would love to experience that

I would love for Madonna to star or appear in a critically acclaimed movie and win some awards. I'm too young to remember Evita properly so would love to experience that

Yes. Best Actress. Oscar. Cause you know they will eventually lick her feet.

Guest SecretGarden

An album where she's actually SINGING again, her vocals sound so thin on MDNA, HC and COADF.

a much, long overdue oscar nomination for best original song

Didn't she get one for 'sooner or later?' OK she didn't write it but you know what I mean.

Guest Not4Pussies

no babyboy, its not the same thing. she didnt write it so she doesnt get the nom or win herself

by the way, thinking about it, this thread title is kinda sad

Guest Not4Pussies

oh you know what would be great too, a tremendous photo book, put two or 3 photos from every session she's ever done, I'd have no problems paying hundreds for something like that.

fabien baron said himself he was working a photo book like that. i wonder what happened