What song do you connect with the most?

ryan

Borderline . It never gets old for me. Ever .

Your heart is not open so I must go

The spell has been broken, I loved you so

Freedom comes when you learn to let go

Creation comes when you learn to say no

I ADORE Nobody's Perfect especially the ending part

when she goes

mhmm mhmm yeah

Perfect

mhmm mhmm yeah

Perfect

genius

Not nearly as deep as Wild dancing

Dancing beat

Be, be, be, beat

Da, da, da, dancing beat

Guest Not4Pussies

Oh Father for me and Lovespent.

Both give me shivers whenever I hear them as they bring up a lot of pain for me.

tell me about it 'you played with my heart' always gets to me

There's too many to pick one. Depending on my mood or nostalgia sets in:

Secret

Get Together

Intervention

Love Spent

I'm Addicted

Give It 2 me

Into The Groove

Miles Away

Mer Girl

Frozen

The whole Erotica album

And the Holy Trinity:

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

It used to be "You'll See". My God, that was my athem. I think it actually saved my life.

Now, I can relate to a lot of her songs, from all different parts of my life. Can't really pinpoint just one that I relate to most, though. Maybe "Intervention"?

It used to be "You'll See". My God, that was my athem. I think it actually saved my life.

Now, I can relate to a lot of her songs, from all different parts of my life. Can't really pinpoint just one that I relate to most, though. Maybe "Intervention"?

I wish there was a "like" function on message boards, so I could be lazy and not have to reply to stuff. But I definitely had a similar relationship with YS. It didn't save my life, but it was definitely empowering during a tough time in my teens. I've always been really fond of that song. Vocally and lyrically it's great.

I wish there was a "like" function on message boards, so I could be lazy and not have to reply to stuff. But I definitely had a similar relationship with YS. It didn't save my life, but it was definitely empowering during a tough time in my teens. I've always been really fond of that song. Vocally and lyrically it's great.

Her last, great power ballad, I think. So incredibly empowering. I remember at the time Billboard called it the "I Will Survive" of the 90's. it really helped me through my darkest days as a teenager, when I almost felt there was no way to escape the loneliness I felt. I was so surprised it didn't reach #1.

Guest Rachelle of London

Too many to pick!

Human Nature

Paradise Not For Me

To Have and Not to Hold

Her last, great power ballad, I think. So incredibly empowering. I remember at the time Billboard called it the "I Will Survive" of the 90's. it really helped me through my darkest days as a teenager, when I almost felt there was no way to escape the loneliness I felt. I was so surprised it didn't reach #1.

Yeah, I vividly remember sitting on the ledge of my back porch at night listening to it on my discman (!). The first time I heard it, I didn't even recognize her voice. I was in the bathroom and I heard it come on the radio from the other room.

I would say "The Power of Good-bye" or "Time Stood Still" was her last great power ballad though. "Gone" and "Easy Ride" also have a similar theme/tone/power, but I know you're also talking structure/genre. Those are a little more folky/experimental.