Memo to MDNA: please don't work with Daft Punk on next album!

Apples388

Agree. She needs to work with underground producer and create a new sound for the next album.

If she works with Daft Punk she will be accused of chasing a trend to appeal to the younger market

I need some HC Part Duex in mah lyfe

Hunty -

Let's get one thing straight, aight, I have no problem with HC.. it's an okay record.. but the media was all like "OMG MDo$$A jumped on this bandwagon too late and she was not trend setting but she was actually following the trend."

If she works with Daft Punk for the Oh Thirteen / Oh Fourteen saison then she will face the same critique

Now hit it.

I also don't want her to work with Daft Punk on an album. Not because I care about her "chasing trends," but because there are more interesting sounds out there right now.

Wasnt she supposed to work with them around Music album, not Hard Candy.

Now its kinda late (as usual US is catching up now), LOL!

Yes, I agree, but I don't think she will.

As she's getting older she's confining herself more and more to the dance genre and seems to be happy to be known primarily as a "Dance Artist", and the awards, promotional agenda and chart achievements reflect that. She seems to be happy with that. As she said, "DANCE" is in her molecular structure, which is fair enough.. but I do think it's time for a big MADONNA BALLAD. MDNA came close with some tracks but still fell short. I want the next opening single to be a big haunting dark ballad. Not "Frozen", not "Secret", nothing like that.. but something completely breathtaking and different.. but still ballady.

Wasnt she supposed to work with them around Music album, not Hard Candy.

Now its kinda late (as usual US is catching up now), LOL!

I know :rotfl:

I was all "Erm, welcome to 1997 y'ALL!"

NO VOCODER EITHER.

And no "wounded sparrow" upper vocal register please (case in point: "Love Spent" studio box which are thin and wispy and shitty especially when compared to the beautiful rich deep live vocal!!)

its like that Cher thing is stuck with doing dance with vocoder ever since "Believe"

I agree Madonna should do a ballad or something else for a change.

its like that Cher thing is stuck with doing dance with vocoder ever since "Believe"

I agree Madonna should do a ballad or something else for a change.

Chair = cheesy dance

Celine = cheesy ballads

MDNA = queentastications

She needs to remember that otherwise she will become the next Chair!

I don't see how Daft Punk is a trendy producer of the moment that appeals to the young. They have been releasing albums for years. Do they even produce that many songs for other artists? I love their new record, but it's pretty laid back and has elements that are very nostalgic of 70's and 80's dance music. I would think it would appeal mostly to people over 30 not young kids. Yes, they have a #1 record that everyone loves right now but I don't see them as a trendy young producer down with the kids at all.

Having said that as much as I love the record, I don't see their sound on this record as suiting Madonna.

Having said that as much as I love the record, I don't see their sound on this record as suiting Madonna.

I disagree though. "The Game of Love" for example is very Madonna ('98-'00 era!)

M can work with Nile Rodgers though. That is always an option :wow:

Oh yes please! And no one can accuse her then of following trends because after all, it would be a reunion! :wow:

She needs to go dark, introspective, darker and grittier than Gang Bang

No thanks! That's about as dark as I like my Madonna to be. Anyway she won't do that because she's already exorcised the Gut Ritchie demons on the MDNA album.

If she's still with BBoy Brahim by the time she releases the next record then there will be songs reflective of that. We might get True Blue part 2 :lmao:

Guest Not4Pussies

I also don't want her to work with DP. As much as I like them I feel if they work with her they wouldn't bring anything new to the table. If it were 2000 I'd say yes, but not now. Didn't they turn her down for Music? and look she found Mirwais. That's what she needs to do next.

Anyway, I thought we all knew the tracklist for the next album anyway.

MADONNA

Album title: 13

Album release date: November 2013

Tracklist

1. On Eagle's Wings

2. Sitting on the Whole World

3. Dangerous Path

4. Trust

5. First is a Kiss

6. Love Attack

7. Waving to the Crowd

8. Jitterbug

9. I Will Always Have You

10. Defying Gravity

11. I'm in Love With Love

12. Hello, Sucker!

13. Thirteen

Watch this space! !

She needs to go dark, introspective, darker and grittier than Gang Bang

I agree. I would love for her to explore some deeper, darker electronic elements for the next album, while also exploring the more minimal, Cabaret style of Like A Virgin from the tour. I think it would be different enough for her and for anyone else.

That shipped has sailed. There's already elements of them in Music, and she explored that funky sound with SNM, BGO, and D2N on Hard Candy. She says she doesn't repeat herself, so I don't expect her to work with them. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

I don't get this idea that it would be good to work with a certain producer a couple of years ago, but now she can't work with them. To me, good music is timeless music. It doesn't become bad because time goes by. A good producer is a good producer. People are too worried about her working producers who are behind the times or trendy appealing to the young blah blah blah. She should work with who she has chemistry with and who she is really excited to work with not all these outside perceptions. She's always been the type of person who works with who she wants no matter what people think. Are there really any underground producers anymore? Because as soon as we hear the person's name, everyone googles them and finds out what kind of music they do. So their sound isn't secret anymore.

I'm open to her doing a lot of different things, but I wouldn't want her to go more electronic and club oriented. That really hard repetitive dj music bores me. She should either stay in the pop/dance area or incorporate some other genres but not go into harder EDM.

I agree. I would love for her to explore some deeper, darker electronic elements for the next album, while also exploring the more minimal, Cabaret style of Like A Virgin from the tour. I think it would be different enough for her and for anyone else.

yes + the Olympia Je tame.. performance.

but darker electronica? er..no. She needs good songs with great lyrics instead of hot electronic beats.

Prior to Hard Candy Madonna was considered to be a trendsetter on the music scene. That album caused some damage to that reputation in that she joined the JT/Timbo/Pharrell bandwagon a few years too late but her reasoning was (as Glenda suggested) that she worked with them because she liked their music.

It was very telling that on MDNA she went back to Orbit. That decision, I am sure, was rather self conscious on her part due to the reaction to Hard Candy. I'm sure some fans will disagree with me because they tend to put her on some pedestal but the fact is that she is a human like the rest of us and she does and will react to criticisms!

The next album will be very, very interesting!