I've been listening to the "Bedtime Stories" album a lot lately.

Apples388

After Ray of Light and Music, this was the 3rd studio album of hers I heard and I loved it instantly. I've always thought that the record had 2 distinct halves - the first half is a lot more contemporary and dealt with pretty straightforward lyrics/sounds, while the songs from Forbidden Love onwards are the real "bedtime stories" - poetic, romantic and melancholic. The segue from Sanctuary into Bedtime Story is when she exits her mind and body and gets unconscious. And it's all so seamless and consistent, like an unfolding book, so I don't know why she said that she struggled with making the album sound cohesive with the different producers. I think it was her 1998 interview in Q where she said that a lot of people didn't "get" this record, and I think this was what she was talking about.

I agree.

And yes that "Sanctuary" / "Bedtime Story" segue is life itself... that instrumental outro and then then the "Ah"s coming in... dying!

Same thing happened to me actually.

I love all the songs except Don't Stop and Forbidden Love now. Great album.

Heathen. Don't stop is fun but Forbidden Love is amazing.

oh. and the best remix of the era was always Orbital's take on "Bedtime Story".

Yep. Can never make that song loud enough. They did wonders to an already wonderful song.

Guest bluejean

I love the Bedtime Stories album. Yes, it is true that it is a mix match of styles and in that respect it doesn't truly work as well as Ray of Light or Confessions. But she's managed to tie them all together with the sequencing. Such a great album, so easy on the ear and her beautiful soft vocals throughout are delicious.

I would love to see her do Bedtime Story live again

It's a bit of a shame that she seems to have forgotten about most of the album apart from the title track and "Human Nature."

For the next tour I would like the title track as a proper perf (not just video interlude) and perhaps "Sanctuary"!!

Guest bluejean

Oh and let's all list our fave Bedtime Stories tracks in order of preference. Mine:

1. Human Nature

2. Bedtime Story

3. Secret

4. Love Tried To Welcome Me

5. Take a Bow

6. Sancuary

7. Survival

8. Inside of Me

9. Don't Stop

10. Forbidden Love

11. I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Guest bluejean

For the next tour I would like the title track as a proper perf (not just video interlude) and perhaps "Sanctuary"!!

God yes. Sanctuary leading into Bedtime Story. Although the question is would she do the album version or the remix like at the Brits?? Personally I'd love the remix.

It's a bit of a shame that she seems to have forgotten about most of the album apart from the title track and "Human Nature."

Don't forget secret.

I'd imagine seeing Forbidden love.

REJECTION...IS THE GREATEST APHRODESIAC.

1. Secret

2. Human Nature

3. Bedtime Story

4. Take a Bow

5. Sanctuary

6. Love Tried to Welcome Me

7. Forbidden Love

8. Survival

9. Inside of Me

10. I'd Rather be Your Lover

11. Don't Stop

God yes. Sanctuary leading into Bedtime Story. Although the question is would she do the album version or the remix like at the Brits?? Personally I'd love the remix.

She'd involve Amazonian jungle music into Bedtime story.

I want a segment that has the following:

Rain

Sanctuary

Rescue Me

Ray of Light

Dying right now!!

Bad girl featuring elements of Girl gone Wahld

Rescue me

Sanctuary

Celebration (reprise) featuring elements of Holiday

Guest bluejean

GET UNCONSCIOUS WORLD TOUR - Rumoured Setlist

Bedtime Story (Junior's Single Mix)

Rescue Me

Human Nature

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Borderline

Lucky Star (New Remix)

Deeper and Deeper (Album Version)

Don't Stop

Forbidden Love

Thief of Hearts

Erotica (Album Version)

Sancuary

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Survival

Secret

Like a Prayer

Take a Bow

Vogue (12" Version)

Oh and let's all list our fave Bedtime Stories tracks in order of preference. Mine:

1. Human Nature

2. Bedtime Story

3. Secret

4. Love Tried To Welcome Me

5. Take a Bow

6. Sancuary

7. Survival

8. Inside of Me

9. Don't Stop

10. Forbidden Love

11. I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Mine would be:

Sanctuary

Secret

Bedtime Story

Forbidden Love

Love Tried to Welcome Me

Survival

Human Nature

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Take a Bow

Inside of Me

Don't Stop

Guest Not4Pussies

Shes aware of this album its just such a shame she ignores the majority of it and only performs HN from it.

Secret needs to be performed again and BS of.course.

Remember when she mentioned some lyrics from Survival and Forbidden Love during CoAdF promo?

The album and the entire era was excellent, but unfortunately there was no tour. I actually prefer BS to LAP, and I always listened to it more than ROL.

I was also really lucky enough to see her up close in person for the Bedtime Story video premiere. She looked stunning that night, and she appeared to be having so much fun dancing to DJ Junior Vasquez & with the drag queens & gay guys of course!

Ugh. And I love "Let Down Your Guard". Almost as much as I love her ultra-1994 intro/declaration "b....soide."

[media=]

[/media]

DYEING!*

(*...my hair Bedtime blonde as we speak)