I've been listening to the "Bedtime Stories" album a lot lately.

Apples388

I think it's becoming one of my favourite albums of hers. :shy:

For a long time I used to slag it off, and yes of course it's no ROL or LAP but I think it's aged remarkably well. Even the '90s-tastic R&B production values sound pretty good.

If I did a Madonna Albums Rankette at the moment, it'd probably be in my Top 5.

Sidebar - "Don't Stop" is still shit though!

Guest Not4Pussies

I have learned to really love the album the older I get. I was 15 when I became a fan and both Erotica and Bedtime Stories were always two of my least favorite albums. Now they're in my top 5. BS is lush.

It's a very adult album, and I've grown to love it over the past 2 years. It's a great precursor to ROL.

Guest Not4Pussies

It's a very adult album, and I've grown to love it over the past 2 years. It's a great precursor to ROL.

True she always has those precursors that lead to the next album. I think American Life and COADF is one of the few exceptions.

I love the soft color scheme on the album cover. :wow:

I love the color scheme & artwork too.

I'm thinking of getting a smiliar sofa/couch for my new apartment.

bedtime2qs0.jpg

True she always has those precursors that lead to the next album. I think American Life and COADF is one of the few exceptions.

It's subtle. If you read between the lines as to what COADF is really about, you'll see it.

Guest Not4Pussies

It's subtle. If you read between the lines as to what COADF is really about, you'll see it.

True, lyric and theme wise, Queen Esther went to a disco on COADF

Re: AL > COADF, I can see the lyrical similarities. COADF is like the more listener friendly version of AL. BUT sonically and musically they couldn't be further apart and aside from Stuart's "Hollywood" remix, it was the first time where you couldn't predict where she was going musically based on her previous album or single. Actually since then it's pretty much been a crapshoot. There's really very little logic to her progression as an artist for the last decade. It's just her trying different things trying to score a hit.

Lots of songs on AL could work on COADF. Mother and father, Nobody knows me and Easy Ride. As said above, there are many lyrical similarities but there is also the use of vocal echo, vocal layering and a 'spoken' sound. A lot of the synth rhythms are kind of similar too. I actually think you can see the bridges being built in every Madonna album towards the next. Fantastic.

It's a Dr Lecter fave

It's like the poor overlooked middle child trying to fit in with its slutty older sibling Erotica and its cool hip younger on trend ROL

It's a Dr Lecter fave

It's like the poor overlooked middle child trying to fit in with its slutty older sibling Erotica and its cool hip younger on trend ROL

This is like the best way to describe the album.

While not a defining album in terms of Madonna's mythology, it's no doubt one of the better ones.

If someone wants to know what Madonna is about, I'd direct them to LAP, Erotica, ROL, Confessions, AL and MDNA. But if someone just wants a damn good Madonna pop album, Bedtime Stories would be up on the list. With the exception of the last few tracks which are freaky and give me life, the rest is simply enjoyable.

I have a great 'relationship' with the album. :lol:

For one I adore the era, moreso than the album itself...

And like Suede I bitch about it, over produced bla bla bla

everything...I listen 2 it only when I get a BEDTIME STORIES

craving, which is once a year, and it's emerging...'cuz 4 some

reason June is my BS month :fag: was just thing about it the other day.

Oh & I can only do this album start 2 finish, + I adore Don't Stop's groovyness...

It's like soap, powder, feathers & pearls in Harlem. :inlove:

Guest Not4Pussies

i like Don't Stop, listen to it on full blast and it's a nice, funky, groovy track

just like Dance 2Night