Do you think she will perform this on tour again?

Crux

I've been listening to the TB album today and I couldn't help but dance along to this when it came on.

It's such a good pop song...I wonder why she ignores it.

I don't think she would. Not because of the Sean association, but because it is a sunshine-bursting love letter of a song and we all know she doesn't like to perform those. I can't even think of an out-and-out happy love song that she's done for quite some time. Since Guy, and maybe even a little before, they are all tinged with cynicism or sadness.

I think she will, but in Rcck version or in any other version (for example: spanish beats, turkish, japanese, africans, scotish (I don't even know if this word exists), etc.

I could always see her singing a few lines for the fans at a show, but the full song, it would have to be completely reworked and updated.

no, i can't see it it's such a personal joyous love song to the man who went on to assault her. It's always made me impossibly sad for that reason. I don't think she could do it from an emotional standpoint or from a believable standpoint as a 55+ performer.

No-o-o-o more sadness. Kiss it goodbye!

I can see a potential reinvention; something cute & feminine like the cheerleader/majorette section on the last tour.

Now that you say i can totally picture it like this indeed. Would be cool.

I really don't think she will do it again, but who knows her set lists are sometimes unpredictable. P.S. Just brought the TB 45 single on blue vinyl for three bucks at a used record store.

I have to say I think there are some songs she will inevitably have to do again because if she keeps touring at this rate, she's going to get bored of doing the same songs. I could see her eventually doing it along with some other big hits like TAB (or at least incorporating them) at SOME point in the future.

Is it bad that I really don't care to ever hear True Blue in any form? I just never liked that song. I guess I only became a big fan from LAP on. I would like to hear more of her 90's material such as TAB, Bad Girl, Secret, Nothing Really Matters etc.

I love True Blue. I hope she performs it again, but the woman wont even put it on any of her greatest hits records which it SHOULD be on.

I think she should perform this and Cherish back to back.

She will rock the shit out of this song with her guitar next tour! :headbang:
I love True Blue. I hope she performs it again, but the woman wont even put it on any of her greatest hits records which it SHOULD be on. I think she should perform this and Cherish back to back.

The only way she's gonna do it will be on guitar, I'm 90% sure about this. She kind of seems to dislike those cute little songs like Borderline, which she did perform as rock version, and these two.

Imagine White Heat during the Transgression segment Get up, stand tall motherfucker! :p

Hell, yes!

I don't think she would. Not because of the Sean association, but because it is a sunshine-bursting love letter of a song and we all know she doesn't like to perform those. I can't even think of an out-and-out happy love song that she's done for quite some time. Since Guy, and maybe even a little before, they are all tinged with cynicism or sadness.

I agree,

Is it bad that I really don't care to ever hear True Blue in any form? I just never liked that song. I guess I only became a big fan from LAP on. I would like to hear more of her 90's material such as TAB, Bad Girl, Secret, Nothing Really Matters etc.

It is bad. You must love EVERY album. It took a long time for I'm Breathless to grow on me but now that it has, it's AMAZING. You should give true blue and anything PRE-like a prayer another listen. They might surprise you.

Of course, I do love 90's Madonna too.

TB is on the Celebration DVD, though. :) And, it was on The Holiday Collection.Both this and WTG should get dragged out of the closet, even if TB does remind her of her ex-hubby.

LOL @ True Blue. It is a real....eh, idk how to explain it. It is my mother's favorite Madonna song...I will leave it at that.

no, i can't see it it's such a personal joyous love song to the man who went on to assault her. It's always made me impossibly sad for that reason. I don't think she could do it from an emotional standpoint or from a believable standpoint as a 55+ performer.

This silly, untrue, and conflicts with everything she's said/done regarding Sean since then. First, there's no credible evidence that he ever assaulted her. They had a tumultuous relationship and probably fought a lot (he was a drinker but she's publicly said she takes part of the blame since she was more interested in her career at the time than making her marriage work), but her beating her, tying her up, etc. was all tabloid speculation. If that were true, I highly doubt she would constantly go on about how he was the love of her life and even be friendly with him now. Haven't they even gotten dinner together recently?

It is bad. You must love EVERY album. It took a long time for I'm Breathless to grow on me but now that it has, it's AMAZING. You should give true blue and anything PRE-like a prayer another listen. They might surprise you.

Of course, I do love 90's Madonna too.

I, too, became a fan when LAP was released, and I have to say that while a lot of '80s Madonna is classic and I love a lot of the songs (ITG, LTT, OYH, DYU), if she hadn't gone on to make albums like LAP, Erotica, and ROL, I'd probably view her the way I view Michael Jackson and Prince. A great pop artist with some great songs. But LAP and everything the did in the '90s truly elevated her about the rest.

I, too, became a fan when LAP was released, and I have to say that while a lot of '80s Madonna is classic and I love a lot of the songs (ITG, LTT, OYH, DYU), if she hadn't gone on to make albums like LAP, Erotica, and ROL, I'd probably view her the way I view Michael Jackson and Prince. A great pop artist with some great songs. But LAP and everything the did in the '90s truly elevated her about the rest.

I think with her 80's stuff before LAP, I tend to like the big hit singles you mentioned but not so much the albums as a whole. I know TB was a single, but it wasn't really one of her all time big hits. I think starting with LAP, her albums became something you could listen to all the way through and love every song, whereas the 80's albums had more filler. I think a lot of 80's albums were like though. People were more focused on writing hit singles and the rest of the album was kind of an afterthought.

I think with her 80's stuff before LAP, I tend to like the big hit singles you mentioned but not so much the albums as a whole. I know TB was a single, but it wasn't really one of her all time big hits. I think starting with LAP, her albums became something you could listen to all the way through and love every song, whereas the 80's albums had more filler. I think a lot of 80's albums were like though. People were more focused on writing hit singles and the rest of the album was kind of an afterthought.

All of her TB singles where all time big hits. FACT

All of her TB singles where all time big hits. FACT

TB the song was a hit at the time, but some reason it's not a song that I really remember like for example Papa Don't Preach or Open your Heart. It to me is missing that iconic quality.